F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > BMW F30 3 Series Coding DIY - Code Auto Start Stop, DVD, Folding Mirrors, Etc.
European Auto Source (EAS)
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-04-2016, 12:08 AM   #11265
shawnsheridan
General
shawnsheridan's Avatar
United_States
3809
Rep
20,629
Posts

Drives: 2016 650i GC M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowat View Post
Just did a my first coding session on my 2017 F34, and it went great. The only issue I'm having is even though I coded the weatherband option, it just doesn't show up. I've re-read the value and it's definitely set as active. Is there something I'm possibly missing or was the actual functionality possibly removed? Thanks for any suggestions.
Weatherband only works on older CIC Head Unit and not on NBT.
__________________

2016 650i GC M-Sport w/ 20" 373M Wheels; Alpine White; Individual Opal White Full Merino Leather; Gray Poplar Wood Trim
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner; Ceramic Controls; Executive Package w/ B&O Sound System; Integral Active Steering, etc.
Appreciate 1
rowat19.50

      12-04-2016, 12:09 AM   #11266
rowat
Private
United_States
20
Rep
69
Posts

Drives: 2017 340xi GT
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Tucson, AZ

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowat View Post
Just did a my first coding session on my 2017 F34, and it went great. The only issue I'm having is even though I coded the weatherband option, it just doesn't show up. I've re-read the value and it's definitely set as active. Is there something I'm possibly missing or was the actual functionality possibly removed? Thanks for any suggestions.
Weatherband only works on older CIC Head Unit amd ot on NBT.
Thanks for the quick reply!
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2016, 04:16 AM   #11267
theyard
New Member
Spain
0
Rep
9
Posts

Drives: F36 430i
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Canary Islands - Spain

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
NBT2 ID4 or ID5?
ID5, sorry, its MY2017
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2016, 08:29 AM   #11268
shawnsheridan
General
shawnsheridan's Avatar
United_States
3809
Rep
20,629
Posts

Drives: 2016 650i GC M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by theyard View Post
ID5, sorry, its MY2017
That is why. With NBT2 ID5 you cannot get unlimited speed due to the shortened Bit Mask of SPEEDLOCK_SPEEDVALUE_MAX:

HU_NBT2 => VIDEO_HANDBRAKE => nicht_aktiv
HU_NBT2 => VIDEO_FRONT_LOCKED => nicht_aktiv
HU_NBT2 => VIDEO_SPEEDLOCK_CONDITION => none
HU_NBT2 => SPEEDLOCK_CAR_STANDSTILL => none

HU_NBT2 => SPEEDLOCK_X_KMH_MAX => Werte = FF
HU_NBT2 => SPEEDLOCK_X_KMH_MIN => Werte = FF
HU_NBT2 => SPEEDLOCK_SPEEDVALUE_MIN => nicht_aktiv for ID4 or 1F for ID5
HU_NBT2 => SPEEDLOCK_SPEEDVALUE_MAX => nicht_aktiv for ID4 or 3F for ID5 (63 kmh or 39 mph)
__________________

2016 650i GC M-Sport w/ 20" 373M Wheels; Alpine White; Individual Opal White Full Merino Leather; Gray Poplar Wood Trim
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner; Ceramic Controls; Executive Package w/ B&O Sound System; Integral Active Steering, etc.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2016, 09:40 AM   #11269
patnaik
New Member
0
Rep
5
Posts

Drives: 2014 320i xDrive
Join Date: May 2015
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Updating BMW Assist, need to reprogram?

Hi,

I am taking in my 2014 320i xdrive to the dealer to get the cell phone update for the BMW Assist. Will I lose the coding I've done so far? If so, will I need new E-SYS software (I last coded the care more than a year ago) and Shawn, could you PM me the link? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2016, 09:43 AM   #11270
shawnsheridan
General
shawnsheridan's Avatar
United_States
3809
Rep
20,629
Posts

Drives: 2016 650i GC M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by patnaik View Post
Hi,

I am taking in my 2014 320i xdrive to the dealer to get the cell phone update for the BMW Assist. Will I lose the coding I've done so far? If so, will I need new E-SYS software (I last coded the care more than a year ago) and Shawn, could you PM me the link? Thanks!
PM sent.
__________________

2016 650i GC M-Sport w/ 20" 373M Wheels; Alpine White; Individual Opal White Full Merino Leather; Gray Poplar Wood Trim
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner; Ceramic Controls; Executive Package w/ B&O Sound System; Integral Active Steering, etc.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2016, 03:10 PM   #11271
theyard
New Member
Spain
0
Rep
9
Posts

Drives: F36 430i
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Canary Islands - Spain

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
That is why. With NBT2 ID5 you cannot get unlimited speed due to the shortened Bit Mask of SPEEDLOCK_SPEEDVALUE_MAX:

HU_NBT2 => VIDEO_HANDBRAKE => nicht_aktiv
HU_NBT2 => VIDEO_FRONT_LOCKED => nicht_aktiv
HU_NBT2 => VIDEO_SPEEDLOCK_CONDITION => none
HU_NBT2 => SPEEDLOCK_CAR_STANDSTILL => none

HU_NBT2 => SPEEDLOCK_X_KMH_MAX => Werte = FF
HU_NBT2 => SPEEDLOCK_X_KMH_MIN => Werte = FF
HU_NBT2 => SPEEDLOCK_SPEEDVALUE_MIN => nicht_aktiv for ID4 or 1F for ID5
HU_NBT2 => SPEEDLOCK_SPEEDVALUE_MAX => nicht_aktiv for ID4 or 3F for ID5 (63 kmh or 39 mph)
Ok, understood, no video speed unlocking for ID5 by now ...(and I understand that few hopes in the future ?).

But only for understanding purposes: when trying to modify the Ausgelesen values only options are nice_aktiv / 8_kmh / 3_kmh. If I change the Ausgeselen to nich_aktiv and edit manually the werte values to those indicated, receive several errors when coding. Looking after Ausgelesen appears as UNKNOWN, but werte values are as manually modified. What is happening?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2016, 03:15 PM   #11272
shawnsheridan
General
shawnsheridan's Avatar
United_States
3809
Rep
20,629
Posts

Drives: 2016 650i GC M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by theyard View Post
Ok, understood, no video speed unlocking for ID5 by now ...(and I understand that few hopes in the future ?).

But only for understanding purposes: when trying to modify the Ausgelesen values only options are nice_aktiv / 8_kmh / 3_kmh. If I change the Ausgeselen to nich_aktiv and edit manually the werte values to those indicated, receive several errors when coding. Looking after Ausgelesen appears as UNKNOWN, but werte values are as manually modified. What is happening?

Thanks
I have no idea what error you refer to. But, anytime you use a custom Werte value, the Dropdownbox will always display "UNKNOWN", as it has no predefined match for the custom Werte value you are using. So, this is normal and to be expected.

And you always only change either the Dropdown box to a predefined value or a custom Werte value, but it is always one or the other, and never is it both that you chnage.
__________________

2016 650i GC M-Sport w/ 20" 373M Wheels; Alpine White; Individual Opal White Full Merino Leather; Gray Poplar Wood Trim
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner; Ceramic Controls; Executive Package w/ B&O Sound System; Integral Active Steering, etc.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2016, 04:01 PM   #11273
kzg1969
Captain
kzg1969's Avatar
Scotland
244
Rep
671
Posts

Drives: X3M Comp / Focus RS
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: AberFreeze

iTrader: (0)

YET ANOTHER - Can you please send latest version of E-SYS and pszData???

ta
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2016, 04:06 PM   #11274
shawnsheridan
General
shawnsheridan's Avatar
United_States
3809
Rep
20,629
Posts

Drives: 2016 650i GC M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kzg1969 View Post
YET ANOTHER - Can you please send latest version of E-SYS and pszData???

ta
PM sent.
__________________

2016 650i GC M-Sport w/ 20" 373M Wheels; Alpine White; Individual Opal White Full Merino Leather; Gray Poplar Wood Trim
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner; Ceramic Controls; Executive Package w/ B&O Sound System; Integral Active Steering, etc.
Appreciate 1
kzg1969243.50

      12-04-2016, 04:13 PM   #11275
Sai330i
New Member
Sai330i's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
5
Posts

Drives: BMW 330i 2017
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

2017 BMW 330i - Missing Apple Carplay compatibility

I was so excited and overwhelmed during my first BMW car puchase and somehow I missed opportunity to have factory built Apple Carplay in my 2017 BMW 330i. Can you guys help me with finding best option to get Apple Carplay aftermarket? I can try DIY but, I am new to BMW and have no idea what I need to add this compatibility. I have Navigation System though.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2016, 04:20 PM   #11276
zildet
Registered
0
Rep
1
Posts

Drives: BMW 320 F30
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Netherlands

iTrader: (0)

could you please send me the latest download link for e-sys and PSdZdata for my f30
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2016, 04:22 PM   #11277
shawnsheridan
General
shawnsheridan's Avatar
United_States
3809
Rep
20,629
Posts

Drives: 2016 650i GC M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sai330i View Post
I was so excited and overwhelmed during my first BMW car puchase and somehow I missed opportunity to have factory built Apple Carplay in my 2017 BMW 330i. Can you guys help me with finding best option to get Apple Carplay aftermarket? I can try DIY but, I am new to BMW and have no idea what I need to add this compatibility. I have Navigation System though.
Aftermarket OEM solution requires FSC Code and Coding, but BMW AG has yet to create Part Number for CarPlay FSC Code and offer it up for sale. As for non-OEM Aftermarket solution, I don't know any CarPlay specific ones, but there are Screen Mirroring solutions you can find.
__________________

2016 650i GC M-Sport w/ 20" 373M Wheels; Alpine White; Individual Opal White Full Merino Leather; Gray Poplar Wood Trim
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner; Ceramic Controls; Executive Package w/ B&O Sound System; Integral Active Steering, etc.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2016, 04:32 PM   #11278
shawnsheridan
General
shawnsheridan's Avatar
United_States
3809
Rep
20,629
Posts

Drives: 2016 650i GC M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by zildet View Post
could you please send me the latest download link for e-sys and PSdZdata for my f30
PM sent.
__________________

2016 650i GC M-Sport w/ 20" 373M Wheels; Alpine White; Individual Opal White Full Merino Leather; Gray Poplar Wood Trim
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner; Ceramic Controls; Executive Package w/ B&O Sound System; Integral Active Steering, etc.
Appreciate 1
kzg1969243.50

      12-04-2016, 11:11 PM   #11279
Sai330i
New Member
Sai330i's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
5
Posts

Drives: BMW 330i 2017
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Thanks for your reply, shawnsheridan! I got to know a little more about ConnetedDrive. Looks like I can manage with this app and Siri to accomplish what I would need from CarPlay.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2016, 08:13 AM   #11280
o0butch0o
Registered
0
Rep
1
Posts

Drives: 328 xi 2013
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Canada, Quebec

iTrader: (0)

Hi Shawn,
I would like to code my 2013 F30 328i xDrive, could you please send the links to the applications & files required?
Thank you
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2016, 08:34 AM   #11281
shawnsheridan
General
shawnsheridan's Avatar
United_States
3809
Rep
20,629
Posts

Drives: 2016 650i GC M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by o0butch0o View Post
Hi Shawn,
I would like to code my 2013 F30 328i xDrive, could you please send the links to the applications & files required?
Thank you
PM sent.
__________________

2016 650i GC M-Sport w/ 20" 373M Wheels; Alpine White; Individual Opal White Full Merino Leather; Gray Poplar Wood Trim
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner; Ceramic Controls; Executive Package w/ B&O Sound System; Integral Active Steering, etc.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2016, 02:46 PM   #11282
Nahacok
Enlisted Member
2
Rep
33
Posts

Drives: f30 2016
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: TURKEY

iTrader: (0)

Hi Shawn,
I would like to code my 2016 F30 320i, could you please send the links to the applications & files required?
Thank you
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2016, 02:48 PM   #11283
shawnsheridan
General
shawnsheridan's Avatar
United_States
3809
Rep
20,629
Posts

Drives: 2016 650i GC M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by metin01 View Post
Hi Shawn,
I would like to code my 2016 F30 320i, could you please send the links to the applications & files required?
Thank you
No. You cannot Send or Receive PM's yet. Send me one when you can.
__________________

2016 650i GC M-Sport w/ 20" 373M Wheels; Alpine White; Individual Opal White Full Merino Leather; Gray Poplar Wood Trim
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner; Ceramic Controls; Executive Package w/ B&O Sound System; Integral Active Steering, etc.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2016, 04:11 PM   #11284
Nahacok
Enlisted Member
2
Rep
33
Posts

Drives: f30 2016
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: TURKEY

iTrader: (0)

Hi shawn, can you try again to send pm please
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2016, 04:40 PM   #11285
shawnsheridan
General
shawnsheridan's Avatar
United_States
3809
Rep
20,629
Posts

Drives: 2016 650i GC M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahacok View Post
Hi shawn, can you try again to send pm please
PM sent.
__________________

2016 650i GC M-Sport w/ 20" 373M Wheels; Alpine White; Individual Opal White Full Merino Leather; Gray Poplar Wood Trim
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner; Ceramic Controls; Executive Package w/ B&O Sound System; Integral Active Steering, etc.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2016, 03:49 AM   #11286
Stealth658
Enlisted Member
2
Rep
31
Posts

Drives: 2017 340i xDrive 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (0)

shawnsheridan can you PM me the latest files please? I appreciate it.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
3 series coding, 3 series f30, 3 series f30 coding, 3 series f30 forum, 3 series forum, 3-series forum, 5 series f10 coding, ass, ass disable, auto start stop, auto start stop disable, bmw 3 series coding, bmw 3 series f30, bmw 3 series forum, bmw 3-series f30, bmw 3-series forum, bmw 5 series coding, bmw auto start stop disable, bmw auto start stop disabling, bmw coding, bmw coding directions, bmw coding diy, bmw coding instructions, bmw diy, bmw diy forum, bmw f10 coding, bmw f30, bmw f30 3 series, bmw f30 3-series, bmw f30 coding, bmw f30 forum, coding 3 series, coding f30, coding f30 3 series, disable ass, disable auto start stop, disable bmw auto start stop, disabling auto start stop, disabling bmw auto start stop, f10 5 series coding, f10 coding, f30 3 series, f30 3 series coding, f30 3 series forum, f30 3-series, f30 3-series forum, f30 coding, f30 forum, f30 forums

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:47 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST