F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > God Bless The Germans
Extreme Powerhouse

10-22-2012, 10:16 AM   #23
F30AM
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport sDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ft1337 View Post
I love it when a BRITON of all people calls himself European when comes time to talk crap about his American masters, you guys are unreal. Just face it, you're stuck between being America's poodle and Europe's misfit island, none of which is very appealing. Now even Scotland wants out, LOL!

I love the USA but prefer the European Continent immeasurably.

But there is truth in what you say that the UK is the USA's poodle. More is the pity. We are neither fish nor fowl, which is a tragedy.

Most of our trade is with the European Continent and the sooner we realise where our bread is buttered the better. We are a bit stuck in the past as is the USA to some extent. But you can afford to be for now. Unfortunately, we cannot.

Poor, deluded Alex Salmond of Scotland. Scotland will, if independent, eventually end up wearing its knickers inside out. Just like the UK is at present.

Happy?
      10-22-2012, 11:57 AM   #24
Mrcarcrazy
Sarcasm free with all posts.
Rep
Drives: 05 Elise REV310

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30AM View Post
I love the USA but prefer the European Continent immeasurably.

But there is truth in what you say that the UK is the USA's poodle. More is the pity. We are neither fish nor fowl, which is a tragedy.

Most of our trade is with the European Continent and the sooner we realise where our bread is buttered the better. We are a bit stuck in the past as is the USA to some extent. But you can afford to be for now. Unfortunately, we cannot.

Poor, deluded Alex Salmond of Scotland. Scotland will, if independent, eventually end up wearing its knickers inside out. Just like the UK is at present.

Happy?
well said.
      10-22-2012, 01:40 PM   #25
arnsbrae
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 520d

Quote:
Originally Posted by ft1337 View Post
I love it when a BRITON of all people calls himself European when comes time to talk crap about his American masters, you guys are unreal. Just face it, you're stuck between being America's poodle and Europe's misfit island, none of which is very appealing. Now even Scotland wants out, LOL!

Lol - if you read the above again, but imagine the sound of a banjo in the background, it's even funnier!

Seriously, I've travelled a lot and learned that that people are basically the same everywhere. Philosophically, insulting a country doesn't make a lot of sense. Unless it's France.
      10-22-2012, 02:09 PM   #26
ELTORO3092
Rep
Drives: 335i M

And back to cars...

Play nice guys,
I am Salvadorean, US Army officer, in Germany, with a brest friend that is from England. Lets face it, borders will dissapear soon and it will be a mix of people. In about 100 years countries will be old news and people will hopefully not kill each other for pity reasons.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2012, 02:48 PM   #27
Touring
Major
Norway
Rep
Drives: i3,E21,M2,E23, Skoda Kodiaq

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnsbrae View Post
Philosophically, insulting a country doesn't make a lot of sense. Unless it's France.
LOL!!
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2012, 09:45 PM   #28
alep85
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i, 2023 M340i xDrive

Quote:
Typical ignorant twit or should I say TWAT from that part of the world.
Hope Europeans can broaden your mind and tighten your arse because you seem to use the latter in your discourse.
Typical ignorant response. You're over-generalizing way too much about a country with over 300 million people! There are so many different viewpoints here in America because of this, so don't think you know what "typical" even is. Sadly, you probably get to see the more extreme viewpoints from your media sources, so you think it is.

Perhaps you should be the one broadening your mind.

Luckily, most Europeans I've met in my travels in the UK, Netherlands, France, and Italy are not so daft to judge someone solely based upon where they come from.

/rant
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2012, 11:00 PM   #29
Tsuvoi
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touring View Post
LOL!!
Haha UK and Norway a fine "European" alliance indeed. Where is Switzerland when we need them. Here we have 3 countries who don't know where they stand, do we want IN or OUT? No wait let's take the good stuff and leave the bad stuff for Germany and France to take care of, thank you very much. Won't make much of a difference for Norway tho, their entire population is like 1/4 my city!

Appreciate 0
      10-23-2012, 01:04 PM   #30
F30AM
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport sDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by alep85 View Post
Typical ignorant response. You're over-generalizing way too much about a country with over 300 million people! There are so many different viewpoints here in America because of this, so don't think you know what "typical" even is. Sadly, you probably get to see the more extreme viewpoints from your media sources, so you think it is.

Perhaps you should be the one broadening your mind.

Luckily, most Europeans I've met in my travels in the UK, Netherlands, France, and Italy are not so daft to judge someone solely based upon where they come from.

/rant
Now hold on buck! Stop the mud slinging. I'll have to send the Redcoats over!

My closest friend is a 'Yank', who was born in San Diego (love the Zoo) and now lives in Chicago (love that city and its orchestra). I've been all over the USA, even to your Trailer Parks of which there are quite a few. My own family (approximately 150 of them) is spread right across the USA and Canada.

Enough said or as you Americans would say: have a nice day.

Now what happened to the lovely Germans? How could we forget them?

God Bless America
God Bless the Germans
God Save The Queen

+++++++++

++++++
      10-24-2012, 04:21 PM   #31
Tonitron335i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELTORO3092 View Post
Play nice guys,
I am Salvadorean, US Army officer, in Germany, with a brest friend that is from England. Lets face it, borders will dissapear soon and it will be a mix of people. In about 100 years countries will be old news and people will hopefully not kill each other for pity reasons.

Well said, I'm with you.

Saludos hermano!
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 08:28 PM   #32
ocso1606
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i M

Garage List
2007 BMW 525xi  [0.00]
2010 Volvo  [0.00]
2013 BMW 335i M-Sport  [0.00]
I have driven on the Autobahn before, a few times. Someday though, my wife and I will be doing laps around the Nurburgring! Then I will let Sabine Schmitz take me around, without my wife in the car. LOL
      10-24-2012, 09:11 PM   #33
Messer-schmitt
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 328i

Quote:
Typical ignorant twit or should I say TWAT from that part of the world.
Hope Europeans can broaden your mind and tighten your arse because you seem to use the latter in your discourse.
Uhm, I *think*, I don't think the word "twat" means what you think it means... maybe you're looking for "dimwit"?

Originally Posted by JBasham
Caddy ATS . . . finally, a decent rental car option.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 09:18 PM   #34
Messer-schmitt
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 328i

Last time I drove the autobahn was between Mannheim and Heidelberg (a very short drive) in a rented 2007 Volkswagen Passat. As we hit the 127 MPH limiter in the center lane and giggled to ourselves, we got SMOKED by two BMW touring sedans that went by so fast we couldn't read the license plates (both outside lanes)!

Can't wait to go back, but I did find a little stretch of highway here between Iowa and Illinois where police cannot sit. I'll be testing my 328's 155 MPH limiter before the snow flies!!

Originally Posted by JBasham
Caddy ATS . . . finally, a decent rental car option.
Appreciate 0