F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Andream MMI Box - Wireless CarPlay & Android Auto
GetBMWParts

02-28-2020, 08:45 AM   #1079
xDHC
Second Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: F20 116i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onthepayload View Post
IŽam using the exact combination and do not get the error, I believe you just get the error when using the Bimmertec Software Update?
Exactly.

You can mix andream software with bimmertech mcu, thats what i did to get headunit coding to work.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 08:59 AM   #1080
cossie1
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 M4

Quote:
IŽam using the exact combination and do not get the error, I believe you just get the error when using the Bimmertec Software Update?
You get it if you use either the Bimmertech or Carlinkit software update on the Andream unit.

Or if you use the Carlinkit or Andream software update on the Bimmertech unit.

Or if you use the Andream or Bimmertech software update on the Carlinkit unit.
Appreciate 1
x-m4n148.00
      02-28-2020, 09:54 AM   #1081
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 320I

Quote:
Quote:
After using the new MMI daily, I noticed some issues. Nothing serious, but Iam curious if this can be solved (Apple, Version Andream v2.0.2.7.gpe.b, MCU Bimmertech 10.1.4.11):

- Voice activation button, does not trigger Siri, but the NBT System
- Google Maps: After stopping the Navigation via the MMI, the App on the Phone stop´s navigating, but the track is still in the MMI - Its like nothing is changing in the MMI
- If I use voice activation for Siri, it´s received by the phone, not by the microphone from the NBT

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDHC View Post
1. use long press for Siri/Google
2. What is "the track" ?
3. Thats a setting on your phone im pretty sure...works fine for me.
Quote:
1. Sounds interesting, will try that
2. Track as in "Route", sorry
3. Mh, could check that - Do you know which setting it is (maybe show me the path to it?)

Could try some things:
1. "Press long" works, but the Car activates both, Siri and the NBT Voice command - Any suggestions?
Disabling the idrive bt connection should resolve that.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 10:06 AM   #1082
Aurelion
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

Is it just me or is there no volume bar that shows up on the carplay display? Also, for some reason without a backup camera installed, all of a sudden whenever I put my car in reverse it starts the camera screen(blacked out) trying to mimic a camera. I am guessing one of the dip switch just turned on by itself?
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 10:08 AM   #1083
Estoril235
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M235i

I noticed that when I use the Bimmertech MCU with my Andream unit the auto day/night feature works. However, it takes much longer to connect to Carplay. With the Bimmertech MCU it usually takes several minutes to connect to my iPhone or I would have to manually reconnect, but with the original Andream MCU the connection was a few seconds, usually before the cold start idle settles. I went back to the Andream MCU for this reason.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 10:45 AM   #1084
cossie1
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurelion View Post
Is it just me or is there no volume bar that shows up on the carplay display? Also, for some reason without a backup camera installed, all of a sudden whenever I put my car in reverse it starts the camera screen(blacked out) trying to mimic a camera. I am guessing one of the dip switch just turned on by itself?
You need to go into the settings and set the rear camera to original, then you will just get the PDC screen when you put your car into reverse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estoril235 View Post
I noticed that when I use the Bimmertech MCU with my Andream unit the auto day/night feature works. However, it takes much longer to connect to Carplay. With the Bimmertech MCU it usually takes several minutes to connect to my iPhone or I would have to manually reconnect, but with the original Andream MCU the connection was a few seconds, usually before the cold start idle settles. I went back to the Andream MCU for this reason.
Mine connects straight away with the Carlinkint / Bimmertech MCU
Appreciate 1
x-m4n148.00
      02-28-2020, 10:54 AM   #1085
vamis
Rep
Drives: E93, F07

Is There a way to increase phone volume during the call on carplay?
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 11:05 AM   #1086
nitsuj17
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328ix

Quote:
on my carlinkit unit i have carlinkit latest software and mcu and no issues connecting or w/ day/night

the only connections issue come when my phone is on my house wifi and it takes an extra 30 seconds or so to connect to carplay. but that only really happens when i park in the garage (which i usually dont do)
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 11:05 AM   #1087
nitsuj17
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamis View Post
Is There a way to increase phone volume during the call on carplay?
turning it up on the steering wheel doesn't work?
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 11:22 AM   #1088
Aurelion
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cossie1 View Post
You need to go into the settings and set the rear camera to original, then you will just get the PDC screen when you put your car into reverse.
I don't have a camera or the PDC in my F30. Why should either show up? The only dip switch I switched ON were 1,2 and 3.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 11:28 AM   #1089
cossie1
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurelion View Post
I don't have a camera or the PDC in my F30. Why should either show up? The only dip switch I switched ON were 1,2 and 3.
In that case, setting it to original, should make it perform the same as your car does without the MMI fitted.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 12:07 PM   #1090
nitsuj17
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cossie1 View Post
In that case, setting it to original, should make it perform the same as your car does without the MMI fitted.
isn't set to 3rd party camera as default on the box? so if nothing was changed the mmi thinks its looking to override the screen by default, so maybe set 7 to "on" to stop that from happening?
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 03:56 PM   #1091
cossie1
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Actually thinking about it, if you set the reverse line detection to yes, then it won't do anything no matter what the camera is set as.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 03:56 PM   #1092
corduroy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 X5 xDrive40e (F15)

I just bought one off aliexpress from a different company (Road Top); it looks the same (other than being a little cheaper) and they told me it's also on 2.0.2.7.

In all these descriptions, it mentions that these units do DVR? Anyone install a camera with this and use it as a dashcam? kind of interested to see if the dashcam function of it can replace a standard dashcam.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 10:36 PM   #1093
bucawke
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW x5

Garage List
Hi everyone.

I got my andream box installed on my f15 x5 but I can't get passed the "no signal" screen. Downloaded the updates and tried to update but no luck. Yes tried so many times with holding the back button.

Any thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2020, 01:19 AM   #1094
karlshea
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucawke View Post
Hi everyone.

I got my andream box installed on my f15 x5 but I can't get passed the "no signal" screen. Downloaded the updates and tried to update but no luck. Yes tried so many times with holding the back button.

Any thoughts?
Make sure all of the LVDS cables going into the Andream and out to your display are fully clicked in, and double-check the main harness pass-through to make sure they're fully seated.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2020, 02:00 AM   #1095
bucawke
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW x5

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlshea View Post
Make sure all of the LVDS cables going into the Andream and out to your display are fully clicked in, and double-check the main harness pass-through to make sure they're fully seated.
Ok thank you. I will check the cables tomorrow. I can toggle between the iDrive and the box, just no signal...
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2020, 03:47 AM   #1096
xDHC
Second Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: F20 116i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucawke View Post
Ok thank you. I will check the cables tomorrow. I can toggle between the iDrive and the box, just no signal...
No signal, you either did not connect it properly or your MMI is broken.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2020, 01:12 PM   #1097
Lolo_14
France
Rep
Drives: BMW F31

Quote:
I did the update today for my MCU Andream unit to MCU 10.1.4.11 and had similar issue / slow connection.

Checking on the Iphone in CarPlay settings, I saw there was a parallel "ghost" connection next to GPlink.
So, I removed the CarPlay "GPlink", have clean up the BT connection on the phone also then restarted it.
Then same on the MMI, I deleted the BT ******ion and Carplay entries and rebooted the MMI.

I have then added my Iphone and this now work pretty well. On cold boot this takes between 10 and 15 seconds to display CarPlay screen (Maybe a bit more than with previous releases, but this is ok)
You may try this is not done yet
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2020, 01:24 PM   #1098
Lolo_14
France
Rep
Drives: BMW F31

I am asking this question as I could not find a reference on it in the thread (unless I missed some comments, could be the case as already 50 pages):

Does somebody already had a try with the "Logo Image Update" ("no logo.bmp") and/or the "CarPlay Icon Image format" ("no cp_back.bmp") ?
These are visible in the setup entry and detailed on IndiWork.co.kr Documentation / http://indiwork.co.kr/archive/manual...CB-NBT_ENG.pdf

I guess this is the boot screen for the MMI as well as the Icon in CarPlay.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2020, 01:36 PM   #1099
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 320I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolo_14 View Post
I am asking this question as I could not find a reference on it in the thread (unless I missed some comments, could be the case as already 50 pages):

Does somebody already had a try with the "Logo Image Update" ("no logo.bmp") and/or the "CarPlay Icon Image format" ("no cp_back.bmp") ?
These are visible in the setup entry and detailed on IndiWork.co.kr Documentation / http://indiwork.co.kr/archive/manual...CB-NBT_ENG.pdf

I guess this is the boot screen for the MMI as well as the Icon in CarPlay.
I tried to install a new logo image with the naming and resolution set as per the instructions, but the installation always failed.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2020, 01:50 PM   #1100
rogersmj
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i M-Sport

Got mine installed today. I have a 2016 340i with Harmon Kardon. There was just enough space under the HK headunit that I didn't have to drop the glovebox (thankfully), but jamming all the cabling back behind/under the headunit was pretty tight. Oh, and getting the Andream quadlock onto the back of the headunit was a b!tch.

Everything works (audio, OEM mic), the only problem I've observed with my first few tests is that it doesn't always connect (wireless Carplay). A couple times when I powered it up (after a completely cold start, battery disconnected), it simply wouldn't connect to my phone until I went through pairing again in iPhone settings by deleting the connection and starting over. Not a good sign. However a couple times since then it seemed to connect on its own relatively quickly (5-10 seconds from On). I'm not sure what the variable is yet. Hopefully that latter behavior sticks.

Attached are pics of the firmware my unit came with and how I positioned it. You can see the WiFi antenna with the 3M backing still attached to the tape; I haven't permanently positioned it yet, it's just kind of tucked between the injection molded foam of the dash and the black plastic that the Andream unit is sitting on. Going to wait to make sure I don't have any signal problems before permanently affixing it somewhere. I don't have the USB jack accessible without pulling off that bottom trim piece, but I don't need it.

Oh and in case it's not obvious how to toggle between the Andream unit and the BMW infotainment...long-press the Menu button! Took me a bit to figure that out Also, holding the Back button seems to reboot the Andream.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
x-m4n148.00