F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Maintenance: Wash, Wax, Detailing, Repairs > How to remove ceramic coating
Extreme Powerhouse

07-23-2019, 06:08 PM   #1
BlackBimmer1991
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Black f32 428i xdrive

How to remove ceramic coating

Hello all,

A couple weeks ago I tried 22ple for the first time. And if I'm being honest, I'm not terribly excited about it's gloss or it's hydrophobicity. I'd like to try another ceramic coating but I'm not sure how to remove this.

Any help would be appreciated.
      07-23-2019, 11:54 PM   #2
alohasurftoad
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 440i gran coupe w/mppsk

basically, you have to polish it off with a DA
Appreciate 1
Billfitz8243.00
      07-24-2019, 07:32 AM   #3
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

True, it would take a full correction with at least two grades of compound. Even that probably wouldn't remove all of the 22ple, but it would allow for putting something else over it. Still, no matter what the treatment you use don't expect the miraculous results promised by the product advertising. You'll get the best finish the old fashioned way, by doing a three step paint correction.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2019, 11:57 AM   #4
alohasurftoad
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 440i gran coupe w/mppsk

instead of going through all the trouble of removing and re-applying a new coating, consider a spray on coating or sealant as a topper. it's ridiculous how many products there are to choose from nowadays.

personally, i use p&s beadmaker over my coating. it's super easy to spray on/wipe off, deep, glossy, hydrophobic and cheap. i use it as an "all-in-one" detail/maintenance product on everything(except tires)...paint, glass, trim, wheels. there's always a layer of it because i use it after every wash and and so cheap it's guilt free.

EDIT. apparently Turtle Wax ICE Seal N Shine is better than beadmaker. i will try it and report back.

Last edited by alohasurftoad; 07-27-2019 at 09:29 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2019, 09:12 AM   #5
JimBeam
Rep
Drives: F31 320D

Quote:
Originally Posted by alohasurftoad View Post
instead of going through all the trouble of removing and re-applying a new coating, consider a spray on coating or sealant as a topper. it's ridiculous how many products there are to choose from nowadays.

personally, i use p&s beadmaker over my coating. it's super easy to spray on/wipe off, deep, glossy, hydrophobic and cheap. i use it as an "all-in-one" detail/maintenance product on everything(except tires)...paint, glass, trim, wheels. there's always a layer of it because i use it after every wash and and so cheap it's guilt free.

EDIT. apparently Turtle Wax ICE Seal N Shine is better than beadmaker. i will try it and report back.

Because these coatings are so difficult to remove I think I’ll try this seal and shine you mention too!
Appreciate 1