F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > It's here!!
Studio RSR

10-24-2012, 02:33 PM   #1
Mungogrubb
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X4 30D MSport, Carbon Black

It's here!!

Can't contain my excitement- dealer just rang to say the car is being delivered tomorrow morning.. that's the good news!

They can't PDC before the weekend so will have to wait until Monday to collect
Never mind 5 more sleeps till i get my 328i M Sport Auto- having read all the reviews and chatter on this forum I took a punt on it without test driving it first so if it's shite it's all your fault guys!!
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 02:46 PM   #2
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Congrats buddy....going to be the longest weekend ever, lol
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 02:58 PM   #3
Mungogrubb
Private First Class
Rep

Cheers Nisfan it certainly will be a long one!

I notice your Palmer Sport M3- are you connected or have had a track day there?
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 03:02 PM   #4
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

I wish, no I did an M3 track session........great experience

I also have a 700bhp Nissan for track days, it is a little bit scary.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 03:11 PM   #5
Mungogrubb
Private First Class
Rep

Bleeding hell that is scary!! Explains the 330D probably need to make some savings on fuel to pay for that monster!

Had a day there two years ago- 7 different cars and instructors who beat the crap out of you unless you drove it like you stole em! Probably the best day of my life - my cheeks hurt for days after.

My favourite actually was a 350Z couldn't believe how controllable it was - kick the rear out and you could hold there as long as you want on the throttle even with the little skill I have- amazin!
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 03:24 PM   #6
B3M4
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 LCI M-Sport 3.0d

Great news fella. What colour did you go for? I'm expecting a call from the dealer letting me know if mine is available for pick up Saturday I was lucky enough to get a tip from Nisfan and take up his cancelled order (mind you I have to delete most his option, that was one heck of a speck!).

I'm just wondering what freebies to ask for....
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 03:37 PM   #7
Mungogrubb
Private First Class
Rep

Seems I will have a slightly less common Glacier Silver!

Don't really get the EBII, black is amazing 'when' clean and white just make you look like your trying too hard-( apologies to all just a personal choice)

Loved my 5 series, that was Titanium Silver I think

What have you got on order ?
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 03:55 PM   #8
arnsbrae
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 520d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mungogrubb View Post
Can't contain my excitement- dealer just rang to say the car is being delivered tomorrow morning.. that's the good news!

They can't PDC before the weekend so will have to wait until Monday to collect
Never mind 5 more sleeps till i get my 328i M Sport Auto- having read all the reviews and chatter on this forum I took a punt on it without test driving it first so if it's shite it's all your fault guys!!
Your going to love it. I test drove a 328i and it is a true classic. A great engine in just the right size of car (actually still quite roomy) - it seems to shrink round you like a good golf glove. I was persuaded to order the sports auto without trying it by members here and I haven't regretted it. The paddles are pretty much superfluous when you have 8 gears but the box itself and the sports steering wheel are a bargain. I ended up with an F10 for particular reasons but I had actually ordered an F30 originally.

Anyway - enjoy!
      10-24-2012, 04:06 PM   #9
B3M4
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Don't really get the EBII,
white just make you look like your trying too hard

What have you got on order ?
ahh, I've got a EBII 330d with black interior on order. I was torn between that and white with Red leather!
I'm kinda wishing I'd gone for white now, as the influx of Msport Demonstrators on bmw.com (90% EBII) have left me under-welmed. I'm just hoping that dealers don't know how to take good shots...
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 04:13 PM   #10
pops_f30
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d MSport EBII

My 330d M Sport is going through duty clearance before shipping over, should be here by 8th Nov at latest and to me the week after.....

Been waiting since late July so I can't wait!!

Only thing I am not sure about is whether to put winter tyres or winter wheels or stick to the 19" 403 M I have spec'd!!

Enjoy the car and post some pics, need a new pic fix until mine is here

Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 04:20 PM   #11
Deyvy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 M340

Does appear there will be a big sudden influx of EBII, from the sounds of it on these forums.

Still a lovely colour. Missus wanted white. I dont mind white, but it seems to be the current trend. And when you sometimes see a load of cars which are the same of any colour it does put you off.

EBII looks very different under different lighting conditions. When I first saw it on a 1 series under the showroom lights, looked light and a little pale. On the EBII thread some pictures of it in California bright sunshine looks a darker deeper blue.

Having seen some in the wild, it looks sweet.

EDIT: I'm umming and arring about the winter tyres too. Who knows what kind of winter were going to have.
      10-24-2012, 04:27 PM   #12
pops_f30
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deyvy View Post
Does appear there will be a big sudden influx of EBII, from the sounds of it on these forums.

Still a lovely colour. Missus wanted white. I dont mind white, but it seems to be the current trend. And when you sometimes see a load of cars which are the same of any colour it does put you off.

EBII looks very different under different lighting conditions. When I first saw it on a 1 series under the showroom lights, looked light and a little pale. On the EBII thread some pictures of it in California bright sunshine looks a darker deeper blue.

EDIT: I'm umming and arring about the winter tyres too. Who knows what kind of winter were going to have.

Yeah that's the challenge - think I will wait and see how she handles and then decide...here's to a mild winter!
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 04:30 PM   #13
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by B3M4 View Post
ahh, I've got a EBII 330d with black interior on order. I was torn between that and white with Red leather!
I'm kinda wishing I'd gone for white now, as the influx of Msport Demonstrators on bmw.com (90% EBII) have left me under-welmed. I'm just hoping that dealers don't know how to take good shots...
Hi Matey, They have an EBII at Elms with the 19's, looks really good Actually they also have a Mineral Grey M Sport Xdrive (320i) that also looks stunning, that would go with the red leather too

I was also thinking EBII would be common, but the more I think about it, only maybe 10% of F30's will actually be M Sports. So even if 80% of those are EBII, still not a large percentage. From my own F30's spotted statistics, I would say white is by far the most common colour, folllowed by Red and Black.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 04:36 PM   #14
Deyvy
First Lieutenant
Rep

Mine's not arriving until mid December, so we'll probably have a better idea by then what kind of winter we're in for.

*finger in the air* I don't think you'll need to put winters on until at the earliest late November.

If you have the space and/or don't mind paying for it and for storage, no harm in planning ahead.

pops, how come yours has taken so long? Ignore that, mines going to take roughly the same time actually

Last edited by Deyvy; 10-24-2012 at 04:42 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 04:37 PM   #15
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Bleeding hell that is scary!! Explains the 330D probably need to make some savings on fuel to pay for that monster!

Had a day there two years ago- 7 different cars and instructors who beat the crap out of you unless you drove it like you stole em! Probably the best day of my life - my cheeks hurt for days after.

My favourite actually was a 350Z couldn't believe how controllable it was - kick the rear out and you could hold there as long as you want on the throttle even with the little skill I have- amazin!
Ha ha yes, I have to balance 5MPG with the 330D's 50MPG It doesn't run on the cheap stuff either.

Yeah I just love track days, totally different experience to driving on the road.

I've been waiting so long now that I am starting to think it was all a dream, lol , 42 sleeps to go
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 04:41 PM   #16
B3M4
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

Ah Ok I kinda hoping someone would say that! I seen one but it wasn't in Cali sunshine more in the EastLondon mist, and again it didn't blow me away

I'm never really considered Winter's until reading some of these posts. I unfortunately has blown my budget on this car so not even an option for me.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 04:43 PM   #17
pops_f30
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Mine's not arriving until mid December, so we'll probably have a better idea by then what kind of winter we're in for.

*finger in the air* I don't think you'll need to put winters on until at the earliest late November.

If you have the space and/or don't mind paying for it and for storage, no harm in planning ahead.

pops, how come yours has taken so long?
I am not sure why its taken so long, my order went in on the 10.7 via a leasing company - but didnt hit BMW until August....so here I am waiting, and its been a painful wait...

The funny thing is other than EBII I havent seen one on the road, hope it stays that way til mine's here!
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 04:49 PM   #18
Deyvy
First Lieutenant
Rep

I actually wasn't keen on EBII when I first saw it under showroom lights and that was before I knew it was EBII because it looked so light and pale.

I think a lot of people have plumped for it as it's the M sport colour and being 'revived' after not being available for 10 years.

It's a fine balance I think (for me), trying to get colour that's a bit different, but at the same time not coming across as 'trying to hard'
      10-24-2012, 05:34 PM   #19
RobUK
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 340i MPPSK

Garage List
Quote:
Congrats - take it from me, you're gonna love the 328i with the sport 8AT. I liked it so much I bought one myself

Life is a state of mind
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2012, 12:40 AM   #20
Mungogrubb
Private First Class
Rep

Congrats - take it from me, you're gonna love the 328i with the sport 8AT. I liked it so much I bought one myself [/QUOTE]
To be fair I think I have read and watched every scrap of review material out there and they are all amazingly consistent on the car and especially on the engine- slightly concerned I should have gone for the 19" ers and HK audio

Seeing some if the photos on here makes me think the 18's don't really fill the arches, I have 19's on my current Audi and they do look good just cost a fortune to replace. Given the car appears to be a hoot to drive I'm thinking I may be replacing them more regularly!

Well see - haven't really thought about winter tyres my rose tinted glasses seems to have over looked how poor my other BMW's have been in the snow- definitely an option
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2012, 01:21 AM   #21
RobUK
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 340i MPPSK

Garage List
Quote:
Seeing some if the photos on here makes me think the 18's don't really fill the arches...
Oooh 18's ain't so bad

I did wonder if I'd gone for 19's I'd have definitely wanted the Adaptive Suspension which would have totally blown the budget

Life is a state of mind
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2012, 01:30 AM   #22
Mungogrubb
Private First Class
Rep

Man that does look nice- were they an option not sure I've seen those before? Your right no big air gaps

I think it's the 5 spoke M Sport wheel that makes me nervous - just call it Pre delivery nerves I'm sure I'm gonna love it what ever!
Appreciate 0