F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N47 and N57 Turbodiesel Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Loosing Boost! :(
ARMA SPEED

04-03-2023, 05:57 AM   #1
TonyN
Registered
Rep
Drives: F31 335d

Loosing Boost! :(

Hey Guys,

Hope you can help so my car decided to give a drive train error!

the codes it has spat out are:

244C00: Boost pressure control, control deviation: boost pressure too low / positive control deviation
27B700: Exhaust pressure upstream of the turbine, plausibility: Difference between measured and calculated exhaust pressure too high.

So fist thing was a smoke test and turns out the breather (i assume that is what it is!) pipe going in to the cam cover was well disintegrated! currently in about 30 pieces! this is replaced but got the same errors! smoke test again shows a crack in the cam cover.

I am struggling to think that the cam cover is under turbo pressure though? Am i missing something here as i dont really want to chase a dead end on this and if the boost pressure is not leaking there is there any other common faults that you guys know?

TIA for you help
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2023, 07:21 AM   #2
Eddamoo
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 430dX

Did they smoke test it under plenty of pressure?

A Cam cover shouldn't leak boost. You could try revving the car in Park and feeling it - you should be able to get at least 10lbs of boost in neutral, plenty to detect a leak.

How many miles has the car done? I checked my MAP sensor 70k and it was liberally covered in EGR crap. I can see it getting completely covered quite easily and now routinely clean it.

Check your hoses for tell-tale boost leak signs like oil weeps.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2023, 07:26 AM   #3
TonyN
Registered
Rep
Drives: F31 335d

Thanks for the reply
I think it was under fairly high pressure, although not 100% sure

car has done 77k Miles, I guess worth checking the MAP Sensor!!
Appreciate 0