F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > Anyone with rwd springs on xdrive?
Extreme Powerhouse

09-29-2018, 02:01 PM   #1
daac
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i Xdrive Msport

Anyone with rwd springs on xdrive?

Want to drop my 340 xdrive but having a hard time with the options. All the xdrives I see lowered have a larger gap at the front and I would like it to be even. I have adjustable dampers so don't want to do coilovers. I've seen a pic of an xdrive with rwd eibachs and it looks good but too low for me. Anyone here have ACS or Dinan rwd springs on an xdrive? Pics? Fitment issues?
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2018, 11:38 AM   #2
strobe89
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 + 2015 335i xDrive

Link to a few pictures of ACS xDrive springs on my car with the M-Adaptive dampers.

I know it's not the RWD version of the springs, but if you're looking for less drop then you'll need the xDrive springs. I'd say my gaps are fairly even and doesn't look like some of the images on here where the rear is really squatting. OEM BMW's have more front gap than rear so unless you are using coilovers or springs with much more lowering in the front, you won't have an perfectly even gap. That said, I got more drop on the front than I did in the rear.

Personally, I wish I had went lower and probably should have gone with RWD options. I didn't want to kill the adaptive dampers though and it rides nice so I'll stick with it.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2018, 08:04 PM   #3
daac
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i Xdrive Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by strobe89 View Post
Link to a few pictures of ACS xDrive springs on my car with the M-Adaptive dampers.

I know it's not the RWD version of the springs, but if you're looking for less drop then you'll need the xDrive springs. I'd say my gaps are fairly even and doesn't look like some of the images on here where the rear is really squatting. OEM BMW's have more front gap than rear so unless you are using coilovers or springs with much more lowering in the front, you won't have an perfectly even gap. That said, I got more drop on the front than I did in the rear.

Personally, I wish I had went lower and probably should have gone with RWD options. I didn't want to kill the adaptive dampers though and it rides nice so I'll stick with it.

That looks pretty good. I dont like the squatting look either. I've looked at dozens of photos with same setups and ride heights all vary. Idk if it's the ground level or quality control but it seems like you just don't know what you will get. The eibachs for xdrive are minimal drop but the few photos ive seen look the same. I'd like to see the rwd ACS springs on an xdrive.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2018, 07:51 AM   #4
D's Bimmer
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 340 Xi

I have been speaking to a local tuning shop who has done allot of suspension work on BMW's and is highly regarded. They recommend the RWD version. I have both seen the end result and have been a passenger in two cars. I will definitely be going this route in the spring. Either ACS or Eibach. Interestingly, they prefer Eibach for both performance and stance.

Still have fingers crossed for a Bilstein B8 type EDC damper coming to market at a reasonable price compared to OEM.