F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Watches > What to learn about a new Bulova...
Extreme Powerhouse

03-15-2016, 06:48 AM   #1
jimj911
When the F#$% did we get ice cream?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i (E92)

Garage List
What to learn about a new Bulova...

Can anyone give me some insight on this new watch and it's level of quality. I know you get what you pay for and I was looking for a mid level daily wearing watch. I'm concerned about the lack of the tuning fork symbol and whether this is a legitimate or a fake. I read up on it and have seen they are "rebranding". True?
Attached Images

'08 BMW 335i, Dinan Stage 2
'14 BMW 535d Xdrive Msport, Stage 2
'14 Dodge 3500 Cummins Longhorn dually
'15 BMW X5M
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2016, 07:15 AM   #2
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

Without googling - the tuning fork symbol isn't their company logo but a mark utilized on a style emenating from there groundbreaking high frequency regulated movement from the sixties. They had a compressed air limited edition movement in the late 90's early 2000's where they kept the same styling as there original Accutron and Accutron II models but they now have a complete range of quartz movement models.

Whether Bulova is producing there own movements, which I think they do, or buying Miyota movements is what you want to find out. My guess is Bulova uses Japanese design and parts assembled in Taiwan- and assembled with quality and with a rather accurate and sturdy movement.

I'm curious so I'll google the details. I think Bulova is a rather interesting timepiece offering value and accuracy and a good lifespan.
Unlike some low quality jewelry the Bulova case and band use as much nickel as more expensive watches.

Also the watch size looks perfect for your wrist.

After googling, read that Bulova is part of Citizen based in NewYork. I can't tell on my phone but does your watch say Precisionist on it ?
Interesting article http://www.webwatchworld.com/bulova-precisionist/

Does your second hand sweep like described in the article or jump incrementally every second?

Last edited by overcoil; 03-15-2016 at 07:32 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2016, 07:25 AM   #3
jimj911
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSinger View Post
Without googling - the tuning fork symbol isn't their company logo but a mark utilized on a style emenating from there groundbreaking high frequency regulated movement from the sixties. They had a compressed air limited edition movement in the late 90's early 2000's where they kept the same styling as there original Accutron and Accutron II models but they now have a complete range of quartz movement models.

Whether Bulova is producing there own movements, which I think they do, or buying Miyota movements is what you want to find out. My guess is Bulova uses Japanese design and parts assembled in Taiwan- and assembled with quality and with a rather accurate and sturdy movement.

I'm curious so I'll google the details. I think Bulova is a rather interesting timepiece offering value and accuracy and a good lifespan.
Unlike some low quality jewelry the Bulova case and band use as much nickel as more expensive watches.

Thank you for the info, I like it but it's a little heavy. I had ordered the titanium model but received a stainless steel. I like the look of the carbon fiber so I will keep it and get used to the heft. To me that also means sturdiness so I can appreciate it.

'15 BMW X5M
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2016, 07:26 AM   #4
jimj911
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

I'm curious so I'll google the details. I think Bulova is a rather interesting timepiece offerings arch say value and accuracy and a good lifespan.

After googling, read that Bulova is part of Citizen based in NewYork. I can't tell on my phone but does your watch say Precisionist on it ?

Yes it is a Precisionist.

'15 BMW X5M
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2016, 07:30 AM   #5
overcoil
Major General
Rep

Check out the article I edited into my earlier post and notice how your second hand sweeps.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2016, 07:33 AM   #6
jimj911
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Check out the article I edited into my earlier post and notice how your second hand sweeps.
It sweeps, a nice ode to the precision of the movement.

'15 BMW X5M
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2016, 07:18 PM   #7
overcoil
Major General
Rep

This link contains info on a new Bulova, there is also a new Citizen that is very impressive.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...y-surprised-us
Appreciate 1