F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > Back to Work Sweepstake
Extreme Powerhouse

12-16-2020, 08:47 AM   #111
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZedsRedBaby View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goneinsixtyseconds View Post
Looking back at the sweepstake on this everyone was miles out. Lockdown 3 in January!
Yep, definitely a bit over-optimistic. I'm not even sure I'll go back into the office before my contract ends in March tbh. Which suits me fine.
Same, unless I change jobs it will easily be a year I think between commutes.
I did get on a train the other week and it was great, quiet, hundreds of seats, a lot cleaner shame it will never last. Plus they put the fares up again!
Appreciate 1
      12-16-2020, 09:21 AM   #112
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: iPace / Mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by 225 View Post
I did get on a train the other week and it was great, quiet, hundreds of seats, a lot cleaner shame it will never last. Plus they put the fares up again!
I've been going in one day a week to break the monotony, use the printer and scanner, see the team etc. Trains have been great and broadly managed to avoid using tubes.

We are all wfh, more worrying is that some of our staff wont have been at work for a year pretty much as they have been on furlough the whole time! Two of our better hotels and one we only finished refurbishing just before lockdown have been closed throughout!
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2020, 09:38 AM   #113
ZedsRedBaby
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M440i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by isleaiw1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 225 View Post
I've been going in one day a week to break the monotony, use the printer and scanner, see the team etc. Trains have been great and broadly managed to avoid using tubes.

We are all wfh, more worrying is that some of our staff wont have been at work for a year pretty much as they have been on furlough the whole time! Two of our better hotels and one we only finished refurbishing just before lockdown have been closed throughout!
Don't mention printing and scanning. We're going through paper and laser toner like it's going out of fashion. Literally just answered the door to the TNT driver with another 5 reams, and the latest "value" pack of toners arrived yesterday. The certified shredding ain't cheap either.

Still, it's cheaper than commuting.

I'm declaring the sweepstake null and void by the way, so I'll chuck the BHF a tenner with my usual round of Christmas donations.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2020, 10:38 AM   #114
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: iPace / Mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZedsRedBaby View Post
Don't mention printing and scanning. We're going through paper and laser toner like it's going out of fashion. Literally just answered the door to the TNT driver with another 5 reams, and the latest "value" pack of toners arrived yesterday. The certified shredding ain't cheap either.

Still, it's cheaper than commuting.

I'm declaring the sweepstake null and void by the way, so I'll chuck the BHF a tenner with my usual round of Christmas donations.
Printer at home is the son in laws so he gets that cost
Appreciate 0