F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / TSBs and Service Bulletin > 2016-328i-AT-Jerks from Drive to Park (Garage shift?)
proTUNING Freaks

02-25-2020, 07:51 PM   #1
newbiemmer67
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

Question 2016-328i-AT-Jerks from Drive to Park (Garage shift?)

Hi,

Couple of months back I noticed a minor issue with the gear shift stick (automatic transmission) where in occasionally the parking button used to make some noise or was not engaging smoothly (was not a biggie). I showed this to the SA and she suggested to get it replaced as it was covered under the warranty. Dealer took 3 days to check, order the part and replace it. Things started to feel weird after this, like :

1. Now, there is a lag when I go from drive to park mode compared to earlier. It takes good 1 to 1.25 sec to change from D to P on the dashboard screen. And, it makes some kind of engaging sound now which was never heard of in earlier one. Is this normal with new stick?

2. Finally, this is the big one thats bothering me a lot. To test the new stick while at the dealer without driving or moving, I tried going from start to drive and to park immediately, it made a big jerking movement and some kind of sound. But, if I drive some distance and go from drive to park, its all normal. Why does it jerk when I haven't moved after starting and go from drive to park immediately? Is this a normal behavior?

Please help, am a newbie to the forum, so please bear with me if I haven't given the full details for you to answer.

Thanks.

Last edited by newbiemmer67; 02-25-2020 at 08:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2020, 12:28 AM   #2
Alexandru.k_24
Romania
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d 163HP

My car does the exactly same thing. When i put the car from P to D, everything is smooth. But, if i put the car from D to P i get a big jerk, like the car wants to move forward. Did you fixed the issue?
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2023, 06:53 AM   #3
rokasmat@gmail.com
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 e84

Hello, did anyone fixed the issues ? I have the same problem. Gearbox runs perfect except from jerk from d to p if you dont drive
Appreciate 0