F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / TSBs and Service Bulletin > PDC Park Distance Control Error - RDC Module??
proTUNING Freaks

01-15-2017, 02:14 PM   #1
mikew2069
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 335i MSport

PDC Park Distance Control Error - RDC Module??

Whenever I put my car in reverse, an error pops up "Park Distance Control: No warning available, Contact Service Center." I have to hit ok before my reverse cam comes on. I've been dealing with that inconvenience for the past couple years but decided to try and get it looked at.

I took my car to a service center and they told me that a mouse had chewed through some wires in my driver's rear wheel well and my RDC module was bad. They quoted me $1k to fix but I said no and that I would check it out myself.

Got home, fixed the wire issue and that fixed my TPMS error (I was also experiencing a TPMS error). Checked the RDC and it looks completely fine. Also did some research and it appears that the RDC module is for the TPMS system but the SA told me that the PDC also routes through the RDC module.

Can anyone confirm or deny this? I don't want to spend $250 on the RDC module and its ruled out as the culprit. There's also a PDC module which makes more sense but how can I test it to see if that's the issue?
2016 F15 50i ///M-Sport
BM3/H&R/Borla
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2017, 05:39 PM   #2
Chris@codemybimmer
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Canada
Rep

Drives: AW F30 328i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikew2069 View Post
Whenever I put my car in reverse, an error pops up "Park Distance Control: No warning available, Contact Service Center." I have to hit ok before my reverse cam comes on. I've been dealing with that inconvenience for the past couple years but decided to try and get it looked at.

I took my car to a service center and they told me that a mouse had chewed through some wires in my driver's rear wheel well and my RDC module was bad. They quoted me $1k to fix but I said no and that I would check it out myself.

Got home, fixed the wire issue and that fixed my TPMS error (I was also experiencing a TPMS error). Checked the RDC and it looks completely fine. Also did some research and it appears that the RDC module is for the TPMS system but the SA told me that the PDC also routes through the RDC module.

Can anyone confirm or deny this? I don't want to spend $250 on the RDC module and its ruled out as the culprit. There's also a PDC module which makes more sense but how can I test it to see if that's the issue?
PDC does not go through the RDC module.
RDC goes straight to your FEM_Body Module which is in your front passenger footwell and PDC goes to your REM Module which is in the trunk.
Unless you have park assist, which would then go to your PMA module which is also in the trunk.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2020, 08:10 AM   #3
kingwest01
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 650 GC

Hello gents, i might have a similar issue with rodents (squirrel or chipmunk) causing park distance control to fail.. i tried to find the torn cable but with no luck.. any recommendations where to look for?
Appreciate 1