F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Audio upgrade time
Studio RSR

06-13-2020, 11:15 PM   #1
boyerstyle
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 435i

Garage List
2014 BMW 435i  [0.00]
Audio upgrade time

[img]
View post on imgur.com
[/img]

It's time to do something new to the car. I am thinking of going after the audio a little. I've got a 2014 F32 with the Hifi system. I would love some input on first audio upgrade. I am thinking of doing the following to start:
Match up 7BMW amp
2 earthquake underseats (Im not expecting trunk box level sound from these)

Is this a smart place to start? Any other suggestions?
Thanks in Advance.
      06-14-2020, 02:50 AM   #2
bgalakazam
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2015 328i

Garage List
2015 BMW 328i  [0.00]
That's what I have. Start with the amp. It made a huge difference. I did the underseat woofers about a year later. Honestly, if you will do a trunk sub down the line you can skip the underseat. I will not be doing it due to needed space and two kids.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2020, 10:44 AM   #3
johnung
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i x-Drive Auto

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by boyerstyle View Post
[img]
View post on imgur.com
[/img]

It's time to do something new to the car. I am thinking of going after the audio a little. I've got a 2014 F32 with the Hifi system. I would love some input on first audio upgrade. I am thinking of doing the following to start:
Match up 7BMW amp
2 earthquake underseats (Im not expecting trunk box level sound from these)

Is this a smart place to start? Any other suggestions?
Thanks in Advance.
Here are details about my audio upgrade. Hopefully there are things below that may help you. This should show you the difference between the project that you identified of MatchUp Amplifier/ Earthquake Underseat Subwoofers VS Earthquake Underseat Subwoofers with a dedicated secondary amplifier. Then you may be better able to judge the value of the MatchUp amplifier features to you.

I have the next level up Top Hifi/HK system, so I don't know much about your Hifi amp.

UPGRADE OF TOP HIFI/ HK SYSTEM
I upgraded my underseat subs with the Earthquakes and used a separate combination LOC/amplifier from AudioControl to power them at 150watts/channel into 2 ohms. I searched far and wide. This particular AudioControl was the only piece I could find with every necessary feature for this peculiar BMW installation. It was small, had 40volt LOC inputs and 2x150watts into 2 ohms.

EARTHQUAKE UNDERSEAT SUBS
The results: the Earthquakes with the correct amount of power sound amazing. They were exactly what the H/K system was lacking. The rest of the H/K speakers are great, but the stock subs in those small underseat sub boxes are the weak point. I didn't tell my family and friends exactly what I had done, and they thought that I had upgraded all of the speakers.

Caveat: the underseat subs are never going to rumble the cars around you stopped at a red like a 12" subwoofer mounted in your trunk. But they fill up the car just fine.

BEFORE/AFTER MUSIC COMPARISON
I don't usually talk about music because tastes vary widely. My before/after test music was:

U2 because of the strong bass lines in most of their songs, so a difference over stock can easily be heard.

Vintage YES music because Chris Squire is the best bass player in the world. Squire plays every bass note with a heavy pick like a rock guitarist. With the Earthquakes I can finally hear every nuance of the bass notes in my car like on home audio.

Vintage Genesis music because there is nothing like properly hearing Mike Rutherford's bass pedals come into a song.

Also many of my favorite drummers because proper subwoofers deepen and broaden the range of their kits to how they were meant to be heard.

But enough of that...

MATCHUP AMPLIFIER & EARTHQUAKES
I just read up on the MatchUp amp. Price tag is really high at $1,000, but seems to offer the advantage of plug-n-play. I don't know what other amp options there are for the BMW midrange Hifi system.

I do not know if the issue to the sound of the Hifi system is the same as the issue that I noticed with the Top Hifi/HK audio system where the speakers were fine but the underseat subwoofers were lacking.

The MatchUp amp specs (subs get 2x 160 watts/channel into 2 ohms each) seem to provide the power needed by the Earthquakes.

MAXIMUM POWER TO EARTHQUAKES
FYI- during my installation I had a conversation with a very knowledgeable guy at Earthquake tech support. He told me to consider the 2x 150 watts/ channel into 2 ohms that my AudioControl amplifier would put out to be the maximum that the Earthquakes could handle. He suggested that I throttle the AudioControl back to 80%-90% of its maximum. So if you get the MatchUp amp that puts out 2x 160 watts, then I suggest that you do the same.

I read some subsequent complaints from guys claiming that the blew out the Earthquake underseat subs. I suspect that they connected them to an amp with too much power or a cheap amp that spiked at higher amounts that caused a problem. Guys constantly wrote to me asking if they could just reuse this or that old amp sitting on their garage shelf, and never wanted to hear "No, your old amp doesn't meet the needed specs."

EARTHQUAKE PART NUMBERS/ PRICING
The best price that I found on the Earthquakes was on Walmart online for $109 each, but the same reseller is now selling them on Amazon for $109 also. Make sure to get the 2-ohm model, SWS-8Xi.

You will also need a pair of spacer rings. There are two kinds based on wiring connection.

1) Earthquake sells them for ~$22/pair. (Part# R8SWS) They have spring loaded posts in the stock location that make it easy to connect your own speaker wiring. I used these along with 14 gauge twisted speaker wire.

https://www.amazon.com/Earthquake-So.../dp/B00G2MKGOU

Shielded wire would have been even better. I wanted to upgrade from the car's speaker wire which was probably 16g or 18g, because I was putting more power to the underseat subs. The newtis website was helpful in understanding how to remove interior panels which was easier than I expected. Just only do one side of the car a time so you have the other side to refer to to put things back together.

2) Technicpnp sells spacer rings that have OEM wiring connectors on them in the OEM wiring location. This makes it simple to reuse the stock car wiring to the underseat subs. They are $65/pair but well worth it.

https://technicpnp.com/product/sws-8...er-connectors/

EARTHQUAKE UNDERSEAT INSTALLATION

This cheap plastic trim tool kit was helpful.
https://www.harborfreight.com/Trim-A...-Pc-64126.html

This metal tool was helpful
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Hyper-Toug...4008/443274151

Watch this video starting at 14:16 to see how to physically install the Earthquakes

Tips: it helps to use the electric motor control to slide the seat forward and back to access the four hold down bolts. I trimmed the edges of my factory carpeting back with scissors so it didn't interfere with the subs.

AUDIOCONTROL LOC/AMPLIFIER
I already mentioned that the combination of necessary specs for LOC and amplifier was difficult to find. The AudioControl model ACM-2.300 matched all of the needed specifications perfectly. It retails for $330. It can often be found for 10%-20% off if you watch for sales/coupons. (SonicElectronix May provide a 10% first buyers discount?)

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-5wIMCf...ACM-2-300.html

TECHNICPNP WIRING HARNESS
This harness is necessary to connect a secondary amplifier without splicing into the expensive BMW wiring harness. $85

Note: This is a different product from the one specific to my TopHifi/HK installation. I bought just the harness for $50. This new product includes a separate small LOC that appears like it could be located near the stock amplifier in the left alcove area of the trunk. So this would provide options for other secondary amplifiers that may cost less.

https://technicpnp.com/product/hifi-...ssloc/#reviews

MISCELLANEOUS
I probably spent another $60 for a high quality power line fuse, wiring connectors, wire and mounting hardware to complete the entire project.

MATCHUP AMPLIFIER UPGRADE
Besides the two 160 watt channels to the underseat subs, the MatchUp amplifier provides front, rear, and center channels: 65 watts RMS x 5 at 4 ohms plus Match Up's DSP adjustability. I don't have anyway to judge how much of an improvement that would provide to the other five speakers, if any. (I don't know what watts/channel the stock amp provides.)

EARTHQUAKE PRICING
Note: This price doesn't change either way

$218 (2) Earthquake SWS-8Xi
$65 (1 pair) Technicpnp Spacers
———
$279

SECONDARY AMPLIFIER
Note: This price will likely be much less because now with the PNP Harness/LOC, a lower cost amplifier-only option could be chosen.

$297 AudioControl LOC/Amplifier
$85 Technicpnp Harness/LOC
$60 Miscellanies fuse, wiring, connectors
——-
$442
Guessing this would drop to $300-$350

So the cost between installing the Earthquake Subwoofers with their own dedicated secondary amplifier VS installing the Earthquake Subwoofers as part of a MathUp Amplifier upgrade is $650-$700

Hope this information is helpful!
Appreciate 9
Billfitz8225.00
FastFrog143.50
otay826.00
rytec2.50
      06-15-2020, 10:35 PM   #4
boyerstyle
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 435i

Garage List
2014 BMW 435i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnung View Post

Wow, thanks a ton!! That info is so helpful! Thank you for the breakdown of it all. Sounds like I am on the right track? Billfitz has been a great voice of reason with the OEM speaker quality as well. Thank you both. Huge help!
      06-18-2020, 04:41 AM   #5
J555
Captain
Rep
Drives: F31 LCI 340iX

I am glad this upgrade works for you, however want to share some of my experiences, as they differ from yours...
Quote:
The rest of the H/K speakers are great, but the stock subs in those small underseat sub boxes are the weak point. I didn't tell my family and friends exactly what I had done, and they thought that I had upgraded all of the speakers.
During the process of upgrading the speakers in my car, I listened to each speaker, tried to understand the effect of upgrading only woofers, only mids, only tweeters, only front doors, dash, rear doors, etc.

To my ears, the HK mids are absolutely awful. They sound muddy, lack dynamics, have limited freq range, the sound is distorted... and the build is a joke.

If somebody is looking primarily for the "boom", upgrade of woofers can make sense. However, the biggest improvement in sound quality comes from better mid speakers. Not to mention that HK mids are very poor at lower freqs, thus upgrading the underseat woofers for subs crossed at sub-bass freqs results in the range, that is not covered by any speaker.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2020, 04:45 AM   #6
johnung
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by J555 View Post
I am glad this upgrade works for you, however want to share some of my experiences, as they differ from yours...
Quote:
The rest of the H/K speakers are great, but the stock subs in those small underseat sub boxes are the weak point. I didn't tell my family and friends exactly what I had done, and they thought that I had upgraded all of the speakers.
During the process of upgrading the speakers in my car, I listened to each speaker, tried to understand the effect of upgrading only woofers, only mids, only tweeters, only front doors, dash, rear doors, etc.

To my ears, the HK mids are absolutely awful. They sound muddy, lack dynamics, have limited freq range, the sound is distorted... and the build is a joke.

If somebody is looking primarily for the "boom", upgrade of woofers can make sense. However, the biggest improvement in sound quality comes from better mid speakers. Not to mention that HK mids are very poor at lower freqs, thus upgrading the underseat woofers for subs crossed at sub-bass freqs results in the range, that is not covered by any speaker.
Appreciate your opinion. So if you don't like the H/K mids, did you find a better replacement?
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2020, 05:22 AM   #7
pierreye
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 & G01

Quote:
Originally Posted by J555 View Post

Totally agreed. I also feel the tweeters are ear piercing when playing at higher volume. In fact, mid and tweeter will sound harsh when the volume is more than 60%. I wouldn't waste my money getting the HK upgrade and it's pain in the ass to upgrade from HK amp to 3rd party DSP + Amp + MOST Digital interface.
Appreciate 1
J555568.50
      06-18-2020, 05:45 AM   #8
J555
Captain
Rep
Drives: F31 LCI 340iX

Quote:
Appreciate your opinion. So if you don't like the H/K mids, did you find a better replacement?
I have all the mids and tweeters upgraded with Bowers&Wilkins used in the BMW's last-gen Diamond Surround Sound.

While I have listened to only some of them, I am sure that any of the reputable brand upgrades available on the market (as Audison, Focal, Rockford Fosgate, MTX, Eton, etc.) will make a night and day difference to stock HK speakers...
Appreciate 1
pierreye212.00
      06-19-2020, 03:12 PM   #9
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1408166

I think a sub can lift most systems. Allowing the speakers to get on with the mid-range and highs.

Bav Sound do some great plug and play systems:

https://www.bavsound.com/
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2022, 12:10 PM   #10
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Here are details about my audio upgrade. Hopefully there are things below that may help you. This should show you the difference between the project that you identified of MatchUp Amplifier/ Earthquake Underseat Subwoofers VS Earthquake Underseat Subwoofers with a dedicated secondary amplifier. Then you may be better able to judge the value of the MatchUp amplifier features to you.

I have the next level up Top Hifi/HK system, so I don't know much about your Hifi amp.

UPGRADE OF TOP HIFI/ HK SYSTEM
I upgraded my underseat subs with the Earthquakes and used a separate combination LOC/amplifier from AudioControl to power them at 150watts/channel into 2 ohms. I searched far and wide. This particular AudioControl was the only piece I could find with every necessary feature for this peculiar BMW installation. It was small, had 40volt LOC inputs and 2x150watts into 2 ohms.

EARTHQUAKE UNDERSEAT SUBS
The results: the Earthquakes with the correct amount of power sound amazing. They were exactly what the H/K system was lacking. The rest of the H/K speakers are great, but the stock subs in those small underseat sub boxes are the weak point. I didn't tell my family and friends exactly what I had done, and they thought that I had upgraded all of the speakers.

Caveat: the underseat subs are never going to rumble the cars around you stopped at a red like a 12" subwoofer mounted in your trunk. But they fill up the car just fine.

BEFORE/AFTER MUSIC COMPARISON
I don't usually talk about music because tastes vary widely. My before/after test music was:

U2 because of the strong bass lines in most of their songs, so a difference over stock can easily be heard.

Vintage YES music because Chris Squire is the best bass player in the world. Squire plays every bass note with a heavy pick like a rock guitarist. With the Earthquakes I can finally hear every nuance of the bass notes in my car like on home audio.

Vintage Genesis music because there is nothing like properly hearing Mike Rutherford's bass pedals come into a song.

Also many of my favorite drummers because proper subwoofers deepen and broaden the range of their kits to how they were meant to be heard.

But enough of that...

MATCHUP AMPLIFIER & EARTHQUAKES
I just read up on the MatchUp amp. Price tag is really high at $1,000, but seems to offer the advantage of plug-n-play. I don't know what other amp options there are for the BMW midrange Hifi system.

I do not know if the issue to the sound of the Hifi system is the same as the issue that I noticed with the Top Hifi/HK audio system where the speakers were fine but the underseat subwoofers were lacking.

The MatchUp amp specs (subs get 2x 160 watts/channel into 2 ohms each) seem to provide the power needed by the Earthquakes.

MAXIMUM POWER TO EARTHQUAKES
FYI- during my installation I had a conversation with a very knowledgeable guy at Earthquake tech support. He told me to consider the 2x 150 watts/ channel into 2 ohms that my AudioControl amplifier would put out to be the maximum that the Earthquakes could handle. He suggested that I throttle the AudioControl back to 80%-90% of its maximum. So if you get the MatchUp amp that puts out 2x 160 watts, then I suggest that you do the same.

I read some subsequent complaints from guys claiming that the blew out the Earthquake underseat subs. I suspect that they connected them to an amp with too much power or a cheap amp that spiked at higher amounts that caused a problem. Guys constantly wrote to me asking if they could just reuse this or that old amp sitting on their garage shelf, and never wanted to hear "No, your old amp doesn't meet the needed specs."

EARTHQUAKE PART NUMBERS/ PRICING
The best price that I found on the Earthquakes was on Walmart online for $109 each, but the same reseller is now selling them on Amazon for $109 also. Make sure to get the 2-ohm model, SWS-8Xi.

You will also need a pair of spacer rings. There are two kinds based on wiring connection.

1) Earthquake sells them for ~$22/pair. (Part# R8SWS) They have spring loaded posts in the stock location that make it easy to connect your own speaker wiring. I used these along with 14 gauge twisted speaker wire.

https://www.amazon.com/Earthquake-So.../dp/B00G2MKGOU

Shielded wire would have been even better. I wanted to upgrade from the car's speaker wire which was probably 16g or 18g, because I was putting more power to the underseat subs. The newtis website was helpful in understanding how to remove interior panels which was easier than I expected. Just only do one side of the car a time so you have the other side to refer to to put things back together.

2) Technicpnp sells spacer rings that have OEM wiring connectors on them in the OEM wiring location. This makes it simple to reuse the stock car wiring to the underseat subs. They are $65/pair but well worth it.

https://technicpnp.com/product/sws-8...er-connectors/

EARTHQUAKE UNDERSEAT INSTALLATION

This cheap plastic trim tool kit was helpful.
https://www.harborfreight.com/Trim-A...-Pc-64126.html

This metal tool was helpful
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Hyper-Toug...4008/443274151

Watch this video starting at 14:16 to see how to physically install the Earthquakes

Tips: it helps to use the electric motor control to slide the seat forward and back to access the four hold down bolts. I trimmed the edges of my factory carpeting back with scissors so it didn't interfere with the subs.

AUDIOCONTROL LOC/AMPLIFIER
I already mentioned that the combination of necessary specs for LOC and amplifier was difficult to find. The AudioControl model ACM-2.300 matched all of the needed specifications perfectly. It retails for $330. It can often be found for 10%-20% off if you watch for sales/coupons. (SonicElectronix May provide a 10% first buyers discount?)

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-5wIMCf...ACM-2-300.html

TECHNICPNP WIRING HARNESS
This harness is necessary to connect a secondary amplifier without splicing into the expensive BMW wiring harness. $85

Note: This is a different product from the one specific to my TopHifi/HK installation. I bought just the harness for $50. This new product includes a separate small LOC that appears like it could be located near the stock amplifier in the left alcove area of the trunk. So this would provide options for other secondary amplifiers that may cost less.

https://technicpnp.com/product/hifi-...ssloc/#reviews

MISCELLANEOUS
I probably spent another $60 for a high quality power line fuse, wiring connectors, wire and mounting hardware to complete the entire project.

MATCHUP AMPLIFIER UPGRADE
Besides the two 160 watt channels to the underseat subs, the MatchUp amplifier provides front, rear, and center channels: 65 watts RMS x 5 at 4 ohms plus Match Up's DSP adjustability. I don't have anyway to judge how much of an improvement that would provide to the other five speakers, if any. (I don't know what watts/channel the stock amp provides.)

EARTHQUAKE PRICING
Note: This price doesn't change either way

$218 (2) Earthquake SWS-8Xi
$65 (1 pair) Technicpnp Spacers
———
$279

SECONDARY AMPLIFIER
Note: This price will likely be much less because now with the PNP Harness/LOC, a lower cost amplifier-only option could be chosen.

$297 AudioControl LOC/Amplifier
$85 Technicpnp Harness/LOC
$60 Miscellanies fuse, wiring, connectors
——-
$442
Guessing this would drop to $300-$350

So the cost between installing the Earthquake Subwoofers with their own dedicated secondary amplifier VS installing the Earthquake Subwoofers as part of a MathUp Amplifier upgrade is $650-$700

excellent write up. I have the harmon kardon with bav sound ghost subwoofers? Can i still use the same amp method? Will this help the other speakers as well? I believe the ghost woofers are 8 ohms tho
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2022, 09:43 PM   #11
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

You may, but the Bavsound woofers are no better than OEM. Look familiar? https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3256...apt=4itemAdapt

The Earthquakes are much better.
Appreciate 2
johnung4526.50
      08-11-2022, 11:14 AM   #12
gameson
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 320i N20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billfitz View Post
You may, but the Bavsound woofers are no better than OEM. Look familiar? https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3256...apt=4itemAdapt

The Earthquakes are much better.
Just curious, how do you find out all the ODM speakers bav sounds are buying from? This one is the woofer, on the other thread, it is the tweeter. I have yet see the mid range, but i am sure you have that info as well.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2022, 11:24 AM   #13
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

It's not difficult, you go to aliexpress, search BMW speakers. The midranges: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3256...80119986%21rec
Appreciate 1
      08-11-2022, 11:45 AM   #14
gameson
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 320i N20

Lol you basically open up their secret sauce

I notice the brand for the tweeter and midrange is the same.

And these chinese speakers are not any better than the oem hifi or even oem harman kardon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billfitz View Post
It's not difficult, you go to aliexpress, search BMW speakers. The midranges: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3256...80119986%21rec
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2022, 01:01 PM   #15
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

One can't say for sure, since they don't list Thiele/Small parameters or post legitimate SPL charts. But there's no reason to think they're as good, let alone better. I've yet to come across a 'BMW speakers are junk' comment coming from a professional acoustical engineer.
Appreciate 1
johnung4526.50
      08-19-2022, 01:19 PM   #16
a.dobi
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

BMW speakers are junk 👏
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2022, 03:39 PM   #17
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.dobi View Post
BMW speakers are junk 👏
Really? Here's mine, show me yours:

Appreciate 7
eleven11371.50
johnung4526.50
Mjam133.50
isenc2145.00
TX55248.50
      08-26-2022, 04:39 AM   #18
SSE282
Rep
Drives: f30

Hi Billfitz, do u think match7 amp, sws8xi, aliexpress mid & tweeter is a good setup for f30? Im keen to replace it all. Is center speaker necessary too?
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2022, 06:21 AM   #19
johnung
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE282 View Post
Hi Billfitz, do u think match7 amp, sws8xi, aliexpress mid & tweeter is a good setup for f30? Im keen to replace it all. Is center speaker necessary too?
I'm always hesitant to change to many things at once. Then it's difficult to tell how much, if at all, any one thing contributed to the results.

Suggest swapping in the Match 7BMW amp (assuming you have the BMW Hifi system) and the Earthquake SWS-8Xi subwoofers. Then listen and decide if you wish to do anything else.
Appreciate 1
Billfitz8225.00
      08-26-2022, 08:54 AM   #20
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

I do not recommend changing the mids and tweeters. I have yet to see any real data that proves the worth of aftermarket mids and tweeters, only unsubstantiated advertising piffle. I posted the AliExpress link to point out where Bavsound imports their speakers from, and what is a more reasonable price for them. It's not an endorsement. Quite the contrary, in fact.
Appreciate 1
johnung4526.50
      12-27-2022, 11:21 AM   #21
cooombs
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i xDrive

Quote:
Here are details about my audio upgrade. Hopefully there are things below that may help you.
Thanks for all the great info in this post! I'm going to go with the Earthquakes paired with the AUDIOCONTROL LOC/AMPLIFIER that you mentioned. Do you know if the Technicpnp spacer rings you posted are still available to reuse the existing sub connections? I'm having trouble finding that.

Also, would you mind posting the Technicpnp wiring harness that you went with? I have the HK system and believe you do as well and mentioned you used a different one then posted above?

Is there anything else I need to do/require? I'll also need to connect the new amp to the battery, but nothing else correct?

Last edited by cooombs; 12-27-2022 at 11:30 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2022, 12:18 PM   #22
johnung
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooombs View Post
Thanks for all the great info in this post! I'm going to go with the Earthquakes paired with the AUDIOCONTROL LOC/AMPLIFIER that you mentioned. Do you know if the Technicpnp spacer rings you posted are still available to reuse the existing sub connections? I'm having trouble finding that.

Also, would you mind posting the Technicpnp wiring harness that you went with? I have the HK system and believe you do as well and mentioned you used a different one then posted above?

Is there anything else I need to do/require? I'll also need to connect the new amp to the battery, but nothing else correct?
Technicpnp stopped making their spacer rings a while ago and wouldn’t provide an explanation when I asked. Just buy a pair of the Earthquake spacer rings (~$25/pair).

Clip off the stock BMW connectors from the stock subwoofers, leaving a few inches of wire coming out of them and store the connectors with your stock subs in case you ever want to reinstall them. Then just strip the two wire ends and insert them into the red/black spring posts on the Earthquake spacers. Easy!

Also need:

1) Technicpnp harness. See photo.

2) Connections to power and ground.

3) Connection to fuse box under trunk floor. This triggers AudioControl amp to turn on/off with car’s ignition.

I have previously posted tons of details and photos on the above. Just search through Bimmerpost.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3