F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > Considering Dinan Shockware, BUT I really like "Comfort" setting as-is
Extreme Powerhouse

06-24-2017, 04:42 PM   #23
Red_Baron
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dereksM3 View Post
So comfort is now sport, sport is now sport+, and sport+ is super firm now? My understanding is sport+ is a Dinan proprietary settings, what is your thoughts on that?

Your in Portland and I'm in Seattle and I agree with your assessment of comfort however going through downtown or Ballard every day to work the Comfort is more relaxed but it's far too under-damped for my liking.
The reprogrammed Dinan comfort feels softer than the stock sport damper setting to me. It could be the softer steering or different Dinan programming.

Yes. Dinan Sport mode is even firmer than stock sport mode with higher damping rates. Only certain roads types create an issue for this in my opinion. Really bumpy country roads with small bumps at frequent spacings are one example because the firm dinan sport setting doesn't allow enough wheel travel in these conditions making the ride jarring. It is OK driving around Portland in general. The reprogrammed comfort mode is good enough that I leave the car there for most driving unless I want the aggressive throttle and gear changes that sport/sport+ bring.
Appreciate 2
AudiA4647.50
CQVD33051.50