F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Avin USA 10.25 android system install DIY
Extreme Powerhouse

12-11-2017, 11:28 AM   #1167
fssaez
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by brichi View Post
hope so too, I went back to the October update since I had no issues with that one so we shall see
really? no gps lag on that version?
Im not using the default UI so I'll go back to an older version if that will fix the gps.

Also, some suff I reported by email to them:

1. Out of nowhere the unit seems to go slow/laggy. I use Waze for navigation and sometimes it runs really quick and sometimes it doesnt. Memory issues maybe?
2. Having a hard time configuring all 4 volume options.
3. Sound quality is really low. And im not even using the aux cable extension which I though was the problem.
4. When using the reverse/back camera, it will stay ON even after shifting back to P, N or D until I speed over 25mph. Can this be changed?
5. Will you guys upgrade the android os or hardware in the near future? is a gen3 coming anytime soon?
6. When using easyConnect the resolution is lowered by A LOT and it looks like is setup to work on the original 6" screen. How can we fix this? Easyconnection is running the latest update. Is there a different app that supports the hardware installed?
7. How can I configure the split screen when in iDrive? Its locked to the default and doenst show anything other than speed in km/h which I dont care. Can I change something? or turn the split screen off?
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2017, 02:53 PM   #1168
Adamantio
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw 420d G.C Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by fssaez View Post
Do you have the apple adapter?
I managed to make Android work on my unit W/O the adapter but the only problem is that it looks like a 6" screen. Im wondering if there's a different app other than easy connection that can use the correct resolution from the phone. Or if easyconnect can be modified to auto adjust to the screen resolution.

Hope the theory is right and that they CAN fix it asap.
Yes, i have the Adapter Carplay cable
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2017, 04:08 PM   #1169
gunnergahr
Rep
Drives: BMW E60

The original I drive side should remain the same. Are you actually switching over to the idrive side or are you still in the android side? I don't have any split screen in android side but my idrive side I do if I configure it to show split screen content. Audio switching sometimes gets screwed up. Sometimes i just push the mode button to switch it manually on your head unit.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2017, 09:03 PM   #1170
Chadmoe1
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i gran coupe

Quote:
really? no gps lag on that version?
Im not using the default UI so I'll go back to an older version if that will fix the gps.

Also, some suff I reported by email to them:

1. Out of nowhere the unit seems to go slow/laggy. I use Waze for navigation and sometimes it runs really quick and sometimes it doesnt. Memory issues maybe?
2. Having a hard time configuring all 4 volume options.
3. Sound quality is really low. And im not even using the aux cable extension which I though was the problem.
4. When using the reverse/back camera, it will stay ON even after shifting back to P, N or D until I speed over 25mph. Can this be changed?
5. Will you guys upgrade the android os or hardware in the near future? is a gen3 coming anytime soon?
6. When using easyConnect the resolution is lowered by A LOT and it looks like is setup to work on the original 6" screen. How can we fix this? Easyconnection is running the latest update. Is there a different app that supports the hardware installed?
7. How can I configure the split screen when in iDrive? Its locked to the default and doenst show anything other than speed in km/h which I dont care. Can I change something? or turn the split screen off?
I'm in the same situation with the sound quality -- really disappointing. Avin recommended updating the software (which I did) to enable the equalizer, but no amount of adjusting makes the sound seem near as good as the OEM side. I have the bass up a bit high (seems really washed out with it low), the treble up at about 40%, and the mids pretty much dropped out (anything over ~10% makes the sound horrible). I downloaded another player without any benefit.

Avin hasn't been very helpful in diagnosing or addressing the issue -- this, along with other challenges (poor navigation, reconfigured voice command steering wheel button, lack of information around settings, etc.) has tempted me to just remove it.

For the split screen issue, I've read that it may be due to the car's original screen configuration. I upgraded from the small non-nav screen (6.5"?). I believe the car needs to be programmed to accommodate the larger screen size -- I purchased an OBD to USB adapter, but I haven't messed with programming yet.

For the backup camera, I see something similar -- maybe it can be addressed via programming (on the car side)?
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2017, 07:42 AM   #1171
fssaez
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadmoe1 View Post
I'm in the same situation with the sound quality -- really disappointing.
I dont use the media music but streaming services. I noticed that when using spotify/pandora installed on the unit it will play worst than when using bluetooth. I may be wrong though so i'll keep testing.

Quote:
has tempted me to just remove it.
That's not happening for me. Even with the problems I enjoy having traffic navigation and music. What I can't do is recommend this unit to any of my friends.

Quote:
For the split screen issue, I've read that it may be due to the car's original screen configuration. I upgraded from the small non-nav screen (6.5"?). I believe the car needs to be programmed to accommodate the larger screen size -- I purchased an OBD to USB adapter, but I haven't messed with programming yet.
But that makes no sense. This is directly connected to the Android unit through USB. I already ordered the cable to start coding my car. I guess I'll figure it out.

On a side note... I reported problems with the bluetooth. It will just take forever to connect to my phone. IF it connects at all. It's always stuck on 'initialising....'
Also it shows in the configuration screen as CAR KIT when my phone connects it with the name gocAndroid or something like that. There's no way to change the name.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2017, 09:08 AM   #1172
Adamantio
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I dont use the media music but streaming services. I noticed that when using spotify/pandora installed on the unit it will play worst than when using bluetooth. I may be wrong though so i'll keep testing.

That's not happening for me. Even with the problems I enjoy having traffic navigation and music. What I can't do is recommend this unit to any of my friends.

But that makes no sense. This is directly connected to the Android unit through USB. I already ordered the cable to start coding my car. I guess I'll figure it out.

On a side note... I reported problems with the bluetooth. It will just take forever to connect to my phone. IF it connects at all. It's always stuck on 'initialising....'
Also it shows in the configuration screen as CAR KIT when my phone connects it with the name gocAndroid or something like that. There's no way to change the name.
idem
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2017, 12:20 PM   #1173
Adamantio
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamantio View Post
Hi, I have a problem with Carplay / Android car: if I'm listening to music through music collection (stored in the IDRIVE hard disk), saying "ok Google" the system understands however you do not hear the audio, and the music it does not stop.
To take advantage of Android auto / Carplay audio you need the AUX source manually in the IDRIVE department.
Is there a solution to "lock" the IDRIVE audio and make the Android auto / Carplay work by saying "ok Google"?
Using the mirrorlink, this worked (on the head up display the "external dialogue" appeared to me), but via USB adapter it does not work.
Can someone help me?
Anyone Can help me please?
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2017, 12:37 AM   #1174
skoold2003
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 50i M Sport, M3(sold)

Garage List
2014 X5 50i  [7.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmunky View Post
Hi All,

So after some longer use with the unit I am not sure if its the best option for an upgrade. My issues so far which to be fare most are around the CarPlay integration...

1. No Signal on start (This has only happen once but seems to be a common issue)
2. Audio quality, no matter what settings I try there is a clear difference to the stock BMW audio.
3. Bluetooth interfears with CarPlay, If i have CarPlay running and connect my bluetooth to the android unit I have to first hit play in the bluetooth menu before it will allow CarPlay to work.
4. CarPlay App crashes on ever start up.
5. No integration into CarPlay with the steering wheel buttons or being able to skip songs you have to use the screen or the iDrive controller which means going back to the audio menu.
6. CarPlay does not detect map brightness (Day/Night) without first unlocking the phone.
7. Waze does not allow microphone access to set destinations.

Hopefully most of these can be fixed with Firmware/Application updates

I have the same problems with this thing. It seems like the unit isn't saving the setting to make CarPlay default for the USB so we have to keep selecting it. Audio sucks. It would be excellent to be able to change songs and initialize Siri with the steering wheel controls.
Since they supposedly don't ever check this forum maybe we should each send them this list so it's high priority for them.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2017, 06:02 AM   #1175
KKKAAA
Rep
Drives: BMW f10

Hi
i was not very happy with the sound from the avin unit. i use tune 2 air bmw module. that solves the problem to a great extent.

Last edited by KKKAAA; 12-13-2017 at 06:14 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2017, 08:09 AM   #1176
fssaez
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKKAAA View Post
Hi
i was not very happy with the sound from the avin unit. i use tune 2 air bmw module. that solves the problem to a great extent.
What is that? can you please explain
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2017, 10:00 AM   #1177
KKKAAA
Rep

Quote:
What is that? can you please explain
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...hps_bw_c_x_2_w

i bought this as my car did not come with bluetooth audio. after installing the avin usa unit i was not very happy with sound. so now when i have to listen to music (spotify) i use this for bluetooth audio and the sound is much much better.
however this does not work with navigation or any sound that comes from the avin system.

if ure car did not come with bluetooth audio then this might help
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2017, 10:57 AM   #1178
KKKAAA
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddigian View Post
you should solve this way
Install October update and after doing so
insert the usb stick with the OEM folders inside
(they are available in the October update)
inside there are the configuration files that should
restore everything.
When you insert the USB socket and reboot you will see a video notification that tells you that the configuration files have been updated at that point reboots of new and insert the update of November ... reboot and it works.

Greetings
Hi

I am facing the same issue. i bought this unit in november at that time it had evo ui pre installed. after installing the unit i got the latest firmware with evo 6 and it was installed without a problem and worked great. i was quite happy with the unit few issues here and there but was working fine.

then suddenly my unit crashed and tommy helped with the restoring of the unit via a sd card tool. after restoring the ui i was very different it was like the old cic/nbt ui.

i tried downloading the latest firmware which tommy had sent me. however after installing the firmware. it still has the old the evo ui. and in the music player and video player its has the cic/nbt ui..all the demo fast and furious clips and the music etc has been wiped out.. i am only getting 3 options in factory settings. also now i feel my unit has become very slow and laggy..

should i restore the unit again and then update the october update and then latest update?

thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2017, 07:53 PM   #1179
JaroX
Poland
Rep
Drives: e71 35d

M Performance Drive Analyzer

Hi there is a way to pairing the Avin Bluetooth device with OBD Stick BMW. The phone was able to work without a problem, and with Avin, as usual, a problem. I downloaded several Apps on Google Play and they are useless. Thanks to Avin for help. I hope you will not leave me with a problem. Recommend
https://drivedeck.de/driveanalyser and https://drivedeck.de/shop I added a few photos
https://photos.app.goo.gl/ln0OyaEJIrc6e89z1
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2017, 08:01 AM   #1180
rbreding
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328d, 335d, x5d

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaroX View Post
Hi there is a way to pairing the Avin Bluetooth device with OBD Stick BMW. The phone was able to work without a problem, and with Avin, as usual, a problem. I downloaded several Apps on Google Play and they are useless. Thanks to Avin for help. I hope you will not leave me with a problem. Recommend
https://drivedeck.de/driveanalyser and https://drivedeck.de/shop I added a few photos
https://photos.app.goo.gl/ln0OyaEJIrc6e89z1
Avin won't pair with a Bluetooth obd at all. Must use a wifi obd.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2017, 04:30 PM   #1181
fullcollapseca
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 328ix GT

Does anyone know how many amps the 2 USB ports are? I use 1 to charge my iphone that tethers internet to the unit and find it rather slow. Also does anyone know if it will slow down the overall unit if I'm utilizing the USB ports for charging?
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2017, 10:04 AM   #1182
fssaez
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullcollapseca View Post
Does anyone know how many amps the 2 USB ports are? I use 1 to charge my iphone that tethers internet to the unit and find it rather slow. Also does anyone know if it will slow down the overall unit if I'm utilizing the USB ports for charging?
Must be 1 or 1.5 because my Huawei Mate9 doesn't charge much (very very very slow). I can at least 'hold' the battery while im driving using bluetooth. In my opinion charging the phone doesn't slow the unit but opening more than 2-3 apps at a time definitely will.

Anyone tried another aftermarket gps antenna ? from amazon/ebay. I would love to get one of those Garmin gps antenna but the connector is different. I wonder if anyone here knows how to convert it.

On a side note It's been 3 days since I reported that bluetooth isn't connecting to my car.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2017, 01:54 PM   #1183
Bmwnisse
Enlisted Member
Sweden
Rep
Drives: F10 530d 2010

Quote:
Must be 1 or 1.5 because my Huawei Mate9 doesn't charge much (very very very slow). I can at least 'hold' the battery while im driving using bluetooth. In my opinion charging the phone doesn't slow the unit but opening more than 2-3 apps at a time definitely will.

Anyone tried another aftermarket gps antenna ? from amazon/ebay. I would love to get one of those Garmin gps antenna but the connector is different. I wonder if anyone here knows how to convert it.

On a side note It's been 3 days since I reported that bluetooth isn't connecting to my car.
I get this one and it works better but not always.
https://www.kjell.com/se/sortiment/m...8aAnNZEALw_wcB
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2017, 12:55 PM   #1184
notsec
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

I could not log in to the Spotify account. The login tab does not appear on the screen, and the android display resolution is distorted. The same problem exists in different applications. In Car Dashdroid practice, the clock does not fit in the tab. The app icons also look bad. Does this have a solution? My software is October 23.

Appreciate 0
      12-16-2017, 06:59 PM   #1185
fullcollapseca
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 328ix GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by notsec View Post
I could not log in to the Spotify account. The login tab does not appear on the screen, and the android display resolution is distorted. The same problem exists in different applications. In Car Dashdroid practice, the clock does not fit in the tab. The app icons also look bad. Does this have a solution? My software is October 23.

Did you click “Already a User” and it did nothing?
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2017, 09:29 PM   #1186
notsec
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

I'm clicking, but nothing's happening
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2017, 01:09 AM   #1187
Bozzern
Rep
Drives: BMW 316D F30 M-Sport

For those planing to retrofit the reversecamera for the Avin unit:

You will need a relay to power the camera to eliminate the flickering when the engine is running.
This is not informed anywhere.

Have added the connection scheme and relay needed as a picture.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-18-2017, 04:28 AM   #1188
undymm
Rep
Drives: bmw e70

Hello friends, greetings from Slovakia. I have installed this unit about 2 weeks ago, having some troubles:
1. BT is trying to pair with CAR KIT--I do not know what is this, my BT has different name
2. If switching between wifi for torque and wifi from my phone, the torque does not connect again, I have to restart car...
3. from applications, icon for play store, gmail disappeared. Applications are installed, but icons are missing, before few days they were OK
Appreciate 0