F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Hello 335d
Extreme Powerhouse

01-08-2019, 05:34 PM   #23
335d Rocco
Major
England
Rep
Drives: G01 BMW X3 30d M Sport Plus

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by teaston View Post
2018-4 is the latest EVO map, its the older NEXT maps that are now up to 2019-1.

Thanks Teaston, just googled that info & seen id4-6 mentioned, is that the version of idrive??
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2019, 11:40 PM   #24
johnnybforbacon
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335d Rocco View Post
Just in the process of downloading the updated maps, they’re still the 2017 version in the car, logged onto the BMW download manager & it’s downloaded the 2018-4 version, I thought the 2019 ones had been released? Or do I have to download the 2018 maps & then it’ll let me download the 2019 maps?

I’m off to Mulgari in the morning to get the ACS springs fitted, looking forward to that.
Let us know what you think of the new springs. Thinking of getting mine done at Rossiters in Kings Lyn. Heard nothing but good stories though so fingers crossed!
      01-09-2019, 04:18 AM   #25
335d Rocco
Major
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybforbacon View Post
Let us know what you think of the new springs. Thinking of getting mine done at Rossiters in Kings Lyn. Heard nothing but good stories though so fingers crossed!

Yeah I’ll give some feedback later. Only concern I had is bumpstops being hit but I’ve asked on here & also asked where I’m having work done & while a couple on here have said bumpstops have been hit, everyone else has said I won’t have a problem.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2019, 05:19 AM   #26
335d Rocco
Major
England
Rep

Garage List
Just had the first look at the car with the springs on, very happy with the height & stance of the car, they’ve just taken it for a test drive.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2019, 07:07 AM   #27
335d Rocco
Major
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Well, first impressions after a 30 mile drive home, 5 miles of A road & the rest on the M3 are I’m over the moon with the change the ACS springs have made, the car feels like it should have in the first place, body roll is reduced massively, the drip makes the car look a lot better also, there’s no harsh ride like I was kind of expecting, yes you do feel bumps a little bit more but it’s nowhere near making it uncomfortable. As others have pointed out with ACS springs there’s none of the front lifting up & dropping under braking & acceleration, on the A322 there’s an S bend as you approach the M3, the lack of body roll as I took it was very much reduced compared to how it was when I was going the other way this morning.

Overall very impressed so far & really pleased I had them fitted. Apparently they’ll bed in & settle down in a week or 2 but I’m happy with how they’ve started.

Anyone thinking of making the spring change, it’s a from me, go for it.

Also, the guys at Mulgari in Bracknell were great & I have no problem in recommending them for anyone around this neck of the woods.
Appreciate 2
      01-09-2019, 10:02 AM   #28
johnnybforbacon
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335d Rocco View Post
Quote:
Well, first impressions after a 30 mile drive home, 5 miles of A road & the rest on the M3 are I’m over the moon with the change the ACS springs have made, the car feels like it should have in the first place, body roll is reduced massively, the drip makes the car look a lot better also, there’s no harsh ride like I was kind of expecting, yes you do feel bumps a little bit more but it’s nowhere near making it uncomfortable. As others have pointed out with ACS springs there’s none of the front lifting up & dropping under braking & acceleration, on the A322 there’s an S bend as you approach the M3, the lack of body roll as I took it was very much reduced compared to how it was when I was going the other way this morning.

Overall very impressed so far & really pleased I had them fitted. Apparently they’ll bed in & settle down in a week or 2 but I’m happy with how they’ve started.

Anyone thinking of making the spring change, it’s a from me, go for it.

Also, the guys at Mulgari in Bracknell were great & I have no problem in recommending them for anyone around this neck of the woods.
That's great news! Pleased that you're happy with them and will report in once i've had mine fitted too.

Wished i had them done a long time ago now!
      01-10-2019, 03:45 AM   #29
Kermit
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335d xDrive Shadow Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaston View Post
Cool! Auto updates should update the UK part of the map over the air, but it hasn’t worked for a couple of years.
That's interesting. Mine has updated itself while driving at least once a week for the past month recently (did it again last night), but hasn't bothered for the 11 months prior! It's like it's just woken up!
Appreciate 0