F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > Ordering Food Online
GetBMWParts

01-13-2019, 04:21 AM   #1
F30Andy
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: An Entire Fleet

Ordering Food Online

Call me old fashioned but if I order takeaway to be delivered to the house I will look for a leaflet, phone the number and place my order.
Alternatively I will do the above but instead of getting it delivered will go and collect it.

I understand the done thing these days is to use one of these phone apps like Uber Eats or Just Deliver.

What I wanted to know is do you guys use these apps (or any others) and what is their hit rate like?
As in will the order turn up on time and is it usually correct?

Thanks
Appreciate 1
JustChris17487.50
      01-13-2019, 04:26 AM   #2
R0B
Colonel
Rep
Drives: a car

We only have one takeaway per week which is generally an Indian from our local who we call direct - they even know our order!

But when we do use JustEat we have no problems. It's essentially down to which restaurant you use and how organised they are.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2019, 04:46 AM   #3
1 AKY
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F11 530d

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30Andy View Post
Call me old fashioned but if I order takeaway to be delivered to the house I will look for a leaflet, phone the number and place my order.
Alternatively I will do the above but instead of getting it delivered will go and collect it.
I do the same.....and also reminded me of this:

Appreciate 0
      01-13-2019, 04:57 AM   #4
un1eash
Captain
Rep
Drives: M235i

We use just eat 4-5 times a month and never had an issue, its more the convenience of not having to go out and never having cash to pay. Our local indian usually has 20% off mid week also.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2019, 07:34 AM   #5
Skwirrel
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 330d

I don't see the point of using a service that adds no value and takes another margin in the middle. The good takeaways in our town don't need to use the apps as they have enough business and deliver anyway. The average quality ones seem to use just eat or similar to reach the lazier customer base. It costs them something like 15% comission which in my mind eats into portion size or quality of food.
Appreciate 2
      01-13-2019, 09:54 AM   #6
Hanchurch
Captain
Rep
Drives: tesla model 3 performance

We do both, using just eat means you don't need cash.
Past - Mini Cooper S 7 5 door, BMW 120d m sport, Saab 9-3 2.8 V6 turbo, Mazda RX8 231, Mini Cooper S
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2019, 09:56 AM   #7
willjames
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 3.0d M Sport

We use the Just Eat App and it's really good. Used it plenty of times and no problem. We always use the same trusted restaurants but the only thing I tend to check is the hygiene rating of the establishment before ordering from anywhere I didn't know.

They are rated from 1 (worst) to 5 (best). Not sure you can do that on the App though, you may have to look on this website.

http://ratings.food.gov.uk/
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2019, 10:12 AM   #8
Watsey
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330D sDrive M Sport

I used deliveroo a few weeks ago to deliver a wagamamas takeaway. The food arrived an hour late and cold. Deleted my deliver account the same evening.
Current : F31 330sD, remapped, Ohlins Road & Track, Millway camber plates, Quaife LSD, Stoptech brakes + Pagid RSL1 pads all round, Weichers front strut brace, Eibach front & rear anti-roll bars, Michelin MP4S.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2019, 11:43 AM   #9
Kal101
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335xd Msport +

Garage List
It all depends on the supplying restaurant.

We’ve used a local Indian a few times with no issues

However Fat Kid 1 ordered a subway which arrived an hour late looking like the driver had sat on it all the way. Restaurant refused to respond.
      01-13-2019, 01:28 PM   #10
TodmordenLad
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Audi A4 Avant

Quote:
Originally Posted by willjames View Post
We use the Just Eat App and it's really good. Used it plenty of times and no problem. We always use the same trusted restaurants but the only thing I tend to check is the hygiene rating of the establishment before ordering from anywhere I didn't know.

They are rated from 1 (worst) to 5 (best). Not sure you can do that on the App though, you may have to look on this website.

Good idea, I can relate to that
If you could see the kitchens of most take away establishments, you wouldn't be ordering, believe me. I know someone who worked as a hygiene inspector in the North West and he never eats out or orders home delivery, not never - which is extreme, I know but he's seen too much, I guess
      01-13-2019, 03:14 PM   #11
Broncho
Banned
England
Rep
Drives: Chav white Mercedes

Quote:
Originally Posted by TodmordenLad View Post
Quote:

If you could see the kitchens of most take away establishments, you wouldn't be ordering, believe me. I know someone who worked as a hygiene inspector in the North West and he never eats out or orders home delivery, not never - which is extreme, I know but he's seen too much, I guess
The dirtier the better I say
Appreciate 2
      01-14-2019, 02:59 AM   #12
TodmordenLad
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Audi A4 Avant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncho View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TodmordenLad View Post
Quote:

The dirtier the better I say
Bon appetit
      01-14-2019, 03:19 AM   #13
DarrenL_007
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F36 430d xDrive M Sport GC

Garage List
I've used Deliveroo more than a 100 times over the past couple of years and Just Eat and Uber a few times. I generally spend most of my week in City Centre hotels and sometimes can't be bothered to find a new restaurant every night.

I can't remember ever having cold food but there have been a few occasions (in Dublin) where the delivery guy hasn't been able to find the hotel. On these occasions I get a new Kroder processed and a €5 credit on my account.

Mineral Grey / Ivory White Dakota Leather / Reversing Camera / Folding/Auto Dipping Mirrors / Park Assist / Sun Protection Glass / Electric Glass Sunroof / Heated Steering Wheel / Icon Adaptive LED Headlights / 19" 704M Alloys / Digital Cockpit / Head-up Display / Wifi Hotspot / Driving Assistant / Speed Limit Display / Harmon Kardon Loudspeakers / High-Beam Assist / Enhanced Bluetooth - Wireless Charging / Online Entertainment / M Sport Brakes / Comfort Access / Extended Storage
Appreciate 0