F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > New E10 petrol - thoughts?
ARMA SPEED

08-05-2021, 10:29 AM   #23
BBri89
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 320d xDrive M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackstrath View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBri89 View Post
E5 caused a lot of problems to motorbikes with carbs or plastic tanks.

The fuel would turn into a jelly within a week or so because of the oxidisation, and it would gum up the carburettors, but not a problem with injectors as no air could get to it.

With the plastic tanks I think it was causing erosion problems, which needed fixing with new lined tanks that had something like a PTFE layer to protect the plastic.
First hand experiance or not?

My old KTM 250exc is carbed and plastic tanked and it runs on what ever you put in it be that 95ron (mostly) or 99ron. i only use vpower in my RMZ450 as its fuel injected and has stage 1 cams & Dep pipe, but all my other mates with KTM enduro bikes all just run 95ron. Fuel go's off if sitting for a long period of time but always has done.
The carbs gumming is definitely first hand experience, with both my CB600 and the lawn mower.

If it's not used for more than 2 weeks it needs a carb cleaner spraying in whilst trying to start it.
Lawn mower lasts about a month, but I use it every week in summer and not often enough in winter so end up having to do the same in spring to get it going.

My progress thread
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2021, 12:39 PM   #24
RobUK
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 340i MPPSK

Garage List
Both the Fazer and the 340i get Shell V Power. I do my bit for the environment by walking more and driving less anyway

Life is a state of mind
Appreciate 0