F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F34 3-Series GT (Gran Turismo) Forum > Tailgate wont shut completly after install if reverse camera
GetBMWParts

01-16-2021, 02:17 PM   #1
SerTan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i M Sport F34

Tailgate wont shut completly after install if reverse camera

Help please, i have installed reverse camer on my f34 and i remember i moved tailgate up and down by hand during install when taking off and reinstalling trim.

First when i tried to shut boot via button on the tailgate it would come down then stopped about 10cm from the latch and went back up slightly, i tried to shut manually and felt resistance almost like trim was not in its place resisting from boot shutting. So i pushed hard down and managed to shut the boot.

Next day i opened it and it shut completely. Other time it just openens but will not shut all the way. The trim is deff in place i checked everything i touched during install. Maybe tgere is reset or re-learn function for the boot as i moved it up and down and something jumped a few gears, there is no crunching or grinding sounds it just wont shut, its like its coming down then resistance stops it and it goes back up slightly like an inch.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2021, 03:06 PM   #2
SerTan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i M Sport F34

Ive been trying to figure this out for past week and today in my head i was thinking there must be something in the way, remembered Trunk cover panel so looked online video made by bmw cover panel stowing it away and seen a small lip i was like darn it cant be that simple! Went to the car and it was it i installed trim panel on wrong way round hence it was intermittent.

As per image you can see overlaping lip of panel is wrong way round
Appreciate 0