F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > O2 (oxygen) Sensor Replacement
Studio RSR

04-04-2019, 10:46 PM   #1
jh_f30
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i Sportline Auto RWD

O2 (oxygen) Sensor Replacement

Hey all, just picked up a new upstream O2 sensor for my pwg N55. Only time I needed to mess with it was when I put my c/l dp in. It's not registering any values in my obd diagnostic app and I've noticed my mileage not being as high as it used to be, so I figured it's busted and time to replace.

That said, has anyone done this from the top through the engine bay? Despite being the upstream one, the sensor is pretty far down and it doesn't look accessible, but I'm wondering if maybe with some extensions and universal joints, it might be doable. Worse comes to worst and I'll get underneath and do the swap from below, I just wanted to avoid that whole process if possible. If I can do it from the engine bay, I don't expect it'd take more than about 20-30 mins. Lifting the car and taking the belly pan off to get to it from below would probably at least double that time commitment.

Just wanted to see if anyone had any experience and could offer some pointers. Thanks!