F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Need Shop Recommendation for Clogged Sunroof Water Drain
ARMA SPEED

11-09-2021, 04:58 PM   #1
AlexAnthony
Okurrr
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 328d / 2021 330i

Need Shop Recommendation for Clogged Sunroof Water Drain

I haven't had much luck posting on here for local assistance/shop recommendations for various issues but this one is kind of a biggie with it being rain season again.

Issue: My sunroof drain(s) is/are clogged. When it rains, water starts to drip from my passenger side speaker hole and the passenger footwell gets wet. I also hear water sloshing around (on both sides?? unsure) when I drive off after it's been raining for a while.

I have researched this since I ran into it last year, and I know what/where the issue is, but I haven't had any success in running a wire or hard but flexible material down the drain from the sunroof area (nothing will go in past a few inches), I can't get anything in due to the angle and tubing from the bottom hole near the door, and I don't have the equipment to try using a pressurized hose to clear it or to take my tire/paneling off to access it from under the wheel well.

What I'm looking for: Anyone who has experience fixing this OR recommendations to a shop in/around the Sacramento area. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2021, 04:03 PM   #2
nodemgr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 ZCP Coupe 6MT

I don't have an exact answer for you, but I just watched a video on X6M with the same issue, it may give you an idea. I didn't see if you tried taking the kick panel trim out.

Appreciate 0