F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Do you heater vents warm up at different speeds?
ARMA SPEED

08-14-2019, 07:28 AM   #1
PG325
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW e30 325i & f32 435i

Do you heater vents warm up at different speeds?

Ongoing problem!

My passenger vents always start to vlow warm air quicker than the driver vents.

All temperature settings are the same, just longer to start blowing warm on the drivers side.

Is this the norm?
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2019, 10:59 AM   #2
HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG325 View Post
Ongoing problem!

My passenger vents always start to vlow warm air quicker than the driver vents.

All temperature settings are the same, just longer to start blowing warm on the drivers side.

Is this the norm?
If you are talking about the face level vents, there can be differences in flows and temperature. BMW reason that the driver requires more fresh air... to keep awake. It can be the other way, according to settings, the air is allowed to warm initially and will go slightly colder on the driver side vents as the cabin warms.

Whether we notice this or not, can depend on the differences in outside ambient temperature and the cabin setting temperature.

Sometimes it is difficult to fathom whether the function is within normal spec', or there is a definite fault. Even the dealers are not always able to identify a fault, as nothing gets logged.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2019, 11:49 AM   #3
PG325
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW e30 325i & f32 435i

Admittedly my journey to work is only 3 miles and the coolant temps barely reaches 60 degrees, but the passenger side is just starting to warm in this distance but the driver side still cold, however after a longer drive with a bit of speed, they both kick out hot.

My dealer is saying that all appears normal, but I'm used to my old E30 warming up to full temp in a matter of a mile and pumping out hot through all vents.

Modern cars are just to complicated!
Appreciate 0