F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > CANADA > Best Wiper Blades
GetBMWParts

08-03-2016, 03:15 PM   #1
Carbon.F30
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335xi (M-Sport)

Best Wiper Blades

If you need wipers, get the Michelin wipers at Costco. They're usually $22 but you can get them there for $11. You have to call Michelin to order the correct adapter but that only takes 5 minutes to call and 2 days for shipping. A little patience will pay off, since you only have to order the adapter once, and yes I'm aware of the refills but the frameless blade on these is worth the extra $4. Looks way better on the car. The ones the stealership gave me were new but cleaned like they were five years old, not to mention the NOISE. Changed to these and it's perfect cleaning and ZERO noise. Definitely cleans like a BMW should now!

Feel free to add your own favourites as well!

Last edited by Carbon.F30; 09-23-2016 at 12:25 PM..
Appreciate 2
      08-04-2016, 07:21 AM   #2
dassub
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: '14 328xi sport line

Garage List
I paid $130 for the OEM blades recently (ouch, I know!), and they just plain aren't very good. The E90 blades were much better. I had no idea there was a clean way to install those costco blades, I use them on my wife's Mazda 3 and I like them. At least on the E90, they wouldn't install, or wouldn't be properly secured, so they looked ugly.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2016, 07:34 AM   #3
Gabreigns
Major
Rep
Drives: F3x

Wish I had membership to Costco.

Or try fcpeuro.com
Once you buy OEM wiper blades from them when it's time to replace send them the old ones and they will ship you new ones.
Also works for cabin, engine air filter and other wearable items like brakes.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2016, 09:15 AM   #4
GC4UrMom
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 440i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrajput View Post
If you need wipers, get the Michelin wipers at Costco. They're usually $22 but you can get them there for $11. You have to call Michelin to order the correct adapter but that only takes 5 minutes to call and 2 days for shipping. A little patience will pay off, since you only have to order the adapter once, and yes I'm aware of the refills but the frameless blade on these is worth the extra $4. Looks way better on the car. The ones the stealership gave me were new but cleaned like they were five years old, not to mention the NOISE. Changed to these and it's perfect cleaning and ZERO noise. Definitely cleans like a BMW should now!
Thanks for sharing.. will definitely do that.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2016, 11:15 AM   #5
Carbon.F30
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dassub View Post
I paid $130 for the OEM blades recently (ouch, I know!), and they just plain aren't very good. The E90 blades were much better. I had no idea there was a clean way to install those costco blades, I use them on my wife's Mazda 3 and I like them. At least on the E90, they wouldn't install, or wouldn't be properly secured, so they looked ugly.
Yup, install was very clean and easy, took about five minutes. Just make sure you put the wipers in replacement position before you change them because if you don't you could scratch the hood!
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2016, 02:03 PM   #6
overkill1125
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 440xi Gran Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrajput View Post
Any More info on contacting Michelin (phone#). How much for the adapter shipped? Free?
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2016, 06:00 PM   #7
Carbon.F30
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by overkill1125 View Post
Any More info on contacting Michelin (phone#). How much for the adapter shipped? Free?
Shipping was free. The number should be on the back of the packaging where it says additional connectors may be included. I called this one: 866-499-0572
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2016, 06:02 PM   #8
Carbon.F30
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobb View Post
Always used Bosch. Found these excellent.

Definitely, Bosch is great too. A little pricey in my experience though.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2016, 12:34 AM   #9
WhiteCollar
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 4 Series

Garage List
2016 BMW 428 GC  [0.00]
I got burned last winter after installing the Rain X on my 328. The last ice in March broke the attachment wings and when I was cleaning the ice off the blades, the blade came off, and the wiper hit the windshield, cracking it.

I am not buying chinese made wiper blades for my bimmer ever again, even if i have to pay double for the OEM parts. Cheap stuff always comes back to bite you in the ass.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2016, 10:50 AM   #10
F31Bimmerman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: MY2014 328d xDrive touring

I bought the expensive Bosch wipers and ever since having them installed they just skip across the windshield if it's not wet enough .. I feel so cheated for getting the expensive ones and now I just hope I don't have to use them because the skipping is so annoying.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2016, 03:43 PM   #11
Carbon.F30
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteCollar View Post
I got burned last winter after installing the Rain X on my 328. The last ice in March broke the attachment wings and when I was cleaning the ice off the blades, the blade came off, and the wiper hit the windshield, cracking it.

I am not buying chinese made wiper blades for my bimmer ever again, even if i have to pay double for the OEM parts. Cheap stuff always comes back to bite you in the ass.
I feel like some rain-x blades came down in quality the past little bit. Michelin hasn't given me any issues. Had them for two years, on two different cars. So far so good with the 335 as well. I'll keep an eye out to make sure it's secured and installed correctly. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2016, 05:06 PM   #12
Gabreigns
Major
Rep
Drives: F3x

Quote:
Originally Posted by F31Bimmerman
I bought the expensive Bosch wipers and ever since having them installed they just skip across the windshield if it's not wet enough .. I feel so cheated for getting the expensive ones and now I just hope I don't have to use them because the skipping is so annoying.
I hear you. Mine worked great for the first 2 months and then it was terrible. I am now using OEM from fcpeuro where they have warranty on all items including wear and tear items like wiper and filters.
Appreciate 0