F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > North West Meet - Alpina Gearbox Flash/Remap 35d Xdrives.
Extreme Powerhouse

10-20-2017, 04:17 AM   #45
F36 435d
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Individual Speed Yellow 435d M

The meet is tomorrow. The F Series 30d Gearbox can also be done. If you're interested please let me know as soon as possible and I will arrange a time for you.
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2017, 12:55 PM   #46
Sullym6
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Not got it yet

Just a quick post to say thanks for arranging the gearbox flash and was good to meet a few forum members.
Not had much chance to drive since but on first impressions it does feel a little smoother through the gears
Appreciate 1
F36 435d172.50
      10-21-2017, 03:49 PM   #47
Kal101
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335xd Msport +

Garage List
Come on now guys and gals don’t be coy share your thoughts about the alpina flash with us less fortunates.

10-21-2017, 04:14 PM   #48
mikeoz
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40d LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal027 View Post
Come on now guys and gals don’t be coy share your thoughts about the alpina flash with us less fortunates.

+1
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2017, 09:11 PM   #49
F36 435d
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Individual Speed Yellow 435d M

Went brilliant ! Everybody turned up on the list and the weather were good too and ran to the schedule. Everybody were happy with the Map. Had no issues, everything ran smoothly !

It holds onto its gears longer on manual mode, absolutely brilliant on the country roads, more of a race feel.

In normal D & comfort it seems to be at lower revs than before and is more smooth and relaxed.
When pushing hard in S & Sport the gear changes are much quicker, the needle on the Rev counter jumps back down when the gear is changed much faster. Seems more aggressive. Mpg also seems to be improved too.

In normal D, it will display what gear you are in as well as in does when you are in S.

It will also change up into 8th when in Sport.

Well worth £90 of anyone's money !
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2020, 02:39 AM   #50
scoss
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW - F31 - 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by F36 435d View Post
Went brilliant ! Everybody turned up on the list and the weather were good too and ran to the schedule. Everybody were happy with the Map. Had no issues, everything ran smoothly !

It holds onto its gears longer on manual mode, absolutely brilliant on the country roads, more of a race feel.

In normal D & comfort it seems to be at lower revs than before and is more smooth and relaxed.
When pushing hard in S & Sport the gear changes are much quicker, the needle on the Rev counter jumps back down when the gear is changed much faster. Seems more aggressive. Mpg also seems to be improved too.

In normal D, it will display what gear you are in as well as in does when you are in S.

It will also change up into 8th when in Sport.

Well worth £90 of anyone's money !
Just wanted to hear your thoughts 3 years on? I have a 335d and am thinking a about this mod.

So is the mod worth it?
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2020, 12:00 PM   #51
Digidick
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport

Is this the same gearbox flash you can do for free (like I have) if you have ESYS?

Just curious if it's better or different to what I've done following a guide on here?
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2020, 12:13 PM   #52
CuntFace5000
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335d

It's all about Xhp flash tool these days.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2020, 12:37 PM   #53
bishbosh
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 335d

Garage List
2014 BMW 335d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digidick View Post
Is this the same gearbox flash you can do for free (like I have) if you have ESYS?

Just curious if it's better or different to what I've done following a guide on here?
Yeah, it's the Alpina flash from what I gathered in the first few posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demc1982 View Post
It's all about Xhp flash tool these days.
Although xhp is a lot more flexible it does cost considerably more, especially since you can do the Alpina one for free!
      07-19-2020, 12:40 PM   #54
Digidick
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishbosh View Post
Quote:

Yeah, it's the Alpina flash from what I gathered in the first few posts.
Right then everyone to Derby - £90 each please but no food available 😂
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2020, 12:46 PM   #55
bishbosh
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW 335d  [0.00]
Quote:
Nah, £75 at my place and I'll throw in a McDs for everyone
      07-19-2020, 12:48 PM   #56
Digidick
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishbosh View Post
Quote:
Nah, £75 at my place and I'll throw in a McDs for everyone
Bugger. £70 and a mixed kebab.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2021, 04:58 AM   #57
cramsnik
Crustacean denier
Rep
Drives: M3LR

Dragging up another old thread here... I'm keen to try the Alpina flash, does anyone have a competent contact based in or around Buckinghamshire that would be able to do this?
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2021, 01:43 PM   #58
scotsman335dxDrive
Second Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 335d xDrive M Sport Plus

Also looking to start my Esys induction with the Alpina upgrade. Is there a link to the software and maybe a video guide please ? Cheers in advance.
      01-23-2022, 10:28 AM   #59
xpro
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335XD

I personally wouldn't bother with Alpina flash on 335d unless your car is remapped and has more torque.

I have been running the Alpina for over a year. yeah its good to see the gear its in and the mpg has been better due to significantly lower rpms across the band, but!!

The car in standard form of a 335d does no longer have optimal performance.

The gearbox is way way too lazy, unless in manual or sport DS.
The car often lugs at around 1000rpm and the if you need to give it some welly, the power is not instant.
The gear changes are right in the torque band and this does not allow the car to produce all the horse power it has.

To put it simply, if your car has a tune and the has excess torque, this map might be better as it handles the extra torque, but from BMW point, we dont know what Alpina DME map looks like and how its optimized to suit the gearbox.

I have returned the car back to standard and wow, the difference is day and night. The car drives so so much better, its unreal.. I will not go back to alpina again. Its a pure internet placebo effect that people think its better map.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2022, 03:35 AM   #60
Stainy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 435d Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpro View Post
The car often lugs at around 1000rpm and the if you need to give it some welly, the power is not instant.
The gear changes are right in the torque band and this does not allow the car to produce all the horse power it has.
.........Its a pure internet placebo effect that people think its better map.
You sort of mention the point, but then totally miss it (although mine is remapped, so may be less troublesome). It's all about the D/S settings on the shifter. One's lazy, one's spirited - both change gear exactly where i would if I was doing it manually - depending on my mood
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2022, 04:02 AM   #61
bishbosh
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW 335d  [0.00]
The gearbox constantly adapts to driver input, so after a long lazy motorway cruise the box can feel like it's lazy if I then want to press on quickly. However I've found a quick flick to the left and back will wake the box up.

Conversely after a spirited drive, I do find the box holding onto gears longer, until it realises I'm driving it gently at which point it will change up sooner.

My car is remapped to roughly what Alpina map their 330d engines so IMO it's a good match.
      01-24-2022, 04:28 AM   #62
cramsnik
Crustacean denier
Rep

Quote:
I personally wouldn't bother with Alpina flash on 335d unless your car is remapped and has more torque.

I have been running the Alpina for over a year. yeah its good to see the gear its in and the mpg has been better due to significantly lower rpms across the band, but!!

To put it simply, if your car has a tune and the has excess torque, this map might be better as it handles the extra torque, but from BMW point, we dont know what Alpina DME map looks like and how its optimized to suit the gearbox.

I have returned the car back to standard and wow, the difference is day and night. The car drives so so much better, its unreal.. I will not go back to alpina again. Its a pure internet placebo effect that people think its better map.
What do you mean by 'lugs'?

bishbosh Where did you get yours mapped? I might be interested but don't want to push the car beyond tolerances.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2022, 04:57 AM   #63
SkyJawa
Major General
Rep
Drives: F10 530d

My Alpina map on my remapped 335 transformed the car, I would never go back the other way. Though TBH I start car and put it in to Sport (on the switch not gearbox), very rarely drive in normal mode. Also the fact it uses 8th in sport mode is alone worth the map.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2022, 08:30 AM   #64
bishbosh
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW 335d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cramsnik View Post

bishbosh Where did you get yours mapped? I might be interested but don't want to push the car beyond tolerances.
Got the engine remapped at SLT in Sheffield to 360bhp/700Nm (Alpina is 350/700 respectively), did the gearbox map myself using esys.
      01-24-2022, 12:41 PM   #65
xpro
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by cramsnik View Post
Quote:

Means it's running in very low rpm and its slow to respond. A bit like running a manual car in 5th gear while the sweet spot is the 3rd, so when you press the accelerator the engines hesitating and vibrating.

Regarding the Alpina, while I flashed it to a few cars, I've had two people wanting to go back, pretty much for the similar reasons. I will trial out the XHP next and see how that goes.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2022, 03:08 PM   #66
cramsnik
Crustacean denier
Rep

Quote:
Means it's running in very low rpm and its slow to respond. A bit like running a manual car in 5th gear while the sweet spot is the 3rd, so when you press the accelerator the engines hesitating and vibrating.

Regarding the Alpina, while I flashed it to a few cars, I've had two people wanting to go back, pretty much for the similar reasons. I will trial out the XHP next and see how that goes.
Did you ever feel the car stutter momentarily cruising at motorway speeds, almost like a brief moment of fuel starvation?
Appreciate 0