F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Rejecting a car
ARMA SPEED

01-30-2019, 02:57 AM   #111
JNW1
Major General
Rep
Drives: F56 Mini Cooper S

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroFx View Post
Well in case anyone thought i was lying.

You will now.

The car has been netted down to 37k by Audi. £470 a month with no deposit for a brand new S4 avant wheels also upgraded as a gift from the dealership.
That looks excellent for a well-specced S4 but out of interest why did the dealer come back and offer that when, per one of your earlier posts, they'd already agreed a deal at £540/month? Assume your father in law must have threatened to back out of the deal unless they came-up with something better as dealers don't normally volunteer price reductions, especially if they've already agreed the sale!
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2019, 04:44 AM   #112
1 AKY
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F11 530d

On the assumption that this is a genuine scenario (not that it needs to be), I'm with scottc on this one.

It's not that the OP's FIL has made 9k, i.e. his bank account has gone up by 9k. Rather, it's just he's not lost ANOTHER 9k.

He sells the X6 privately and has to pay the 12k -ive equity. His bank account is 12k down. He has no car.

Alternatively (as it would appear), he trades the X6 in and only has to put down a 3k deposit. He rejects the A7 so is again left with no car, no finance to pay, and is his bank balance is ONLY 3k lower (due to having to fund the deposit).

As a side-question, if the car has been rejected, is he not able to ask for the deposit back?
Appreciate 1
scottc699.00
      01-30-2019, 04:47 AM   #113
1 AKY
Major
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylemacca01 View Post
Just come to mind but surely if he rejected the A7 he got his 3 grand deposit back? Thats how a rejection works.
Was thinking the same...
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2019, 04:51 AM   #114
1 AKY
Major
No_Country
Rep

This can't have been the first time this has potentially happened, so I'm quite surprised that dealers don't have language in any sales/finance contractual documentation to cover themselves.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2019, 05:55 AM   #115
aquazi
Major
Rep
Drives: 18 M4C

Quote:
Well in case anyone thought i was lying.

You will now.

The car has been netted down to 37k by Audi. £470 a month with no deposit for a brand new S4 avant wheels also upgraded as a gift from the dealership.
I've been looking at an S4 recently - my local dealer has priced one with a few options ticket at under £40K for me - so i do believe this.

Only problem is they have no guarantee on delivery times at the moment for factory orders.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2019, 12:51 PM   #116
JNW1
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquazi View Post
I've been looking at an S4 recently - my local dealer has priced one with a few options ticket at under £40K for me - so i do believe this.

Only problem is they have no guarantee on delivery times at the moment for factory orders.
Get the impression Audi are playing catch-up with the new emission regulations and, perhaps understandably, have placed the lower volume performance models down the priority list. Therefore, as you point out, while you might be able to get a decent price on an S4, question is when will you actually get the car?!

Actually, just looked on the Audi website and not sure you can even configure an S4 on there at the moment?
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2019, 01:12 PM   #117
Arcticdan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: A car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNW1 View Post
Get the impression Audi are playing catch-up with the new emission regulations and, perhaps understandably, have placed the lower volume performance models down the priority list. Therefore, as you point out, while you might be able to get a decent price on an S4, question is when will you actually get the car?!

Actually, just looked on the Audi website and not sure you can even configure an S4 on there at the moment?
I would seriously consider S4 Avant as next car, in the market now however unable to configure or price anywhere-drivethedeal, carwow etc even local dealership not helpful.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2019, 03:33 PM   #118
ZeroFx
Major
Rep
Drives: M4x

Quote:
That looks excellent for a well-specced S4 but out of interest why did the dealer come back and offer that when, per one of your earlier posts, they'd already agreed a deal at £540/month? Assume your father in law must have threatened to back out of the deal unless they came-up with something better as dealers don't normally volunteer price reductions, especially if they've already agreed the sale!
I think he didnt like the wheels so said call it off. Then Audi came back with a one off contribution as all the problems hes had with the A7.

470 a month seems a bargain for an S4 avant well specced. But i dont know much about Audis so dunno.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2019, 02:06 AM   #119
JNW1
Major General
Rep

Quote:
I think he didnt like the wheels so said call it off. Then Audi came back with a one off contribution as all the problems hes had with the A7.

470 a month seems a bargain for an S4 avant well specced. But i dont know much about Audis so dunno.
£470/month with no deposit for a new decent spec S4 Avant is very competitive!

Seems like your father in law has got a good deal partly because Audi are making a goodwill gesture for the problems he had with the A7. However, if you look on Audi's website there are plenty of used S4 Avants advertised at over £40k and hence £37k for a brand new one with a decent spec sounds very good to me!
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2019, 04:41 AM   #120
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Q7 & Clubman JCW on order

Quote:
£470/month with no deposit for a new decent spec S4 Avant is very competitive!

Seems like your father in law has got a good deal partly because Audi are making a goodwill gesture for the problems he had with the A7. However, if you look on Audi's website there are plenty of used S4 Avants advertised at over £40k and hence £37k for a brand new one with a decent spec sounds very good to me!
What, a new car cheaper to own than a used one? Wash your mouth out with soap and water!
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2019, 03:20 PM   #121
ZeroFx
Major
Rep
Drives: M4x

So this gets even better.

He hated the S4 avant. So they bought it back off him for the price he paid as it was so cheap.

Buys a 540i and waits for the delivery as its been preordered by the dealer for stock.

Comes to take delivery and they tell him that the central locking is broken and has a fault. So he comes back over a week later and they cant work out what is wrong with it. So at this point hes not happy. This is 52k net this car and its broken and they cant work out why. So he tells them to cancel the sale.

BMW are flapping at this point as the cars been registered now and can no longer be sold as new. A pre reg one is up for 44k so there is 8k missing off the cost of the new one.

I told him to reject it and then buy it when they relist if you still want it. They cant sell as new so wont get new value for it and i wouldnt take a faulty brand new car at that price since they have screwed up the experience.

So hes been driving round in an M5 on loan and they just put him in a new Z4 M until they can decide what to do...
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2019, 03:53 PM   #122
dizzy619
Major
Rep
Drives: F31 340i

A new Z4m?
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2019, 04:02 PM   #123
ZeroFx
Major
Rep