F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Maintenance: Wash, Wax, Detailing, Repairs > Can the already-wrapped window trim be replaced?
GetBMWParts

08-10-2020, 01:56 AM   #1
Patel151
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: ‘14 BMW 320i

Can the already-wrapped window trim be replaced?

Long story short, I had my car partially repainted due to a side impact.. and everything turned out great. After taking the car back home, I made sure everything was good, but I noticed they got paint over the window trim and front windshield moulding as well.

The window trim used to be silver, I got it wrapped in gloss black and the guy who painted my car got white paint over the vinyl wrap. I’m wondering if it is possible to remove the vinyl wrap without damaging the paint or ruining it. I don’t want to take off the wrap and paint on the panel gets ruined as well. My window trim was wrapped by a shop and I thought I should ask here before going there as I will have to end up replacing the wrap with new wrap.

Are these pieces removable? So it’s easier to take the wrap off and replace it? Because the painter told me one trim piece wasn’t coming off, so he got paint over it...

Thank you in advance.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-10-2020, 12:37 PM   #2
chowser51
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F33 430 and F39 M35i

Garage List
Paint shop fail.

That’s pretty sad for your painter. Was it a professional shop or did you use one of those “body” shops?

Make him pay to get it rewrapped.

Or take a sharpie to it and move on.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2020, 01:23 PM   #3
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

All of the trim can be removed, you just have to know how to do it.
Appreciate 1
chowser512025.00
      08-10-2020, 11:03 PM   #4
Patel151
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: ‘14 BMW 320i

They did remove the trim, except for one. Not sure why it wasn’t coming off. That’s why that specific one got paint over it. The painter works on a lot of Germans, M series too, so I thought he’d do a good job. The job is well done, can’t lie about that, but he got it on the trim. It’s not a big deal to me as long as the trim can be removed without damaging the paint, which is my only concern. I’ll take it to a wrapper and get it redone, hopefully no issues.
Appreciate 0