F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Florida > Charge Pipe Blown on 435i
proTUNING Freaks

07-12-2020, 06:40 AM   #1
Stilldre79
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i

Charge Pipe Blown on 435i

I blow my charge pipe yesterday on my 2016 435i. Need some advice on whether to take it to the dealer to be replaced or just order an upgrade like the VRSF and get it replaced. My car it still covered under warranty until December is this covered under that? Also any recommendations on shops that do these upgrades around Pembroke Pines? I know it's common for these to go bad and highly recommended to replaced these, but weighing my options on the best route to go.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2020, 10:52 AM   #2
cfm56d7b
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 440i Gran Coupe & 2015 X5

I highly recommend ER charge pipe. It's one of the most straightforward decisions one can make.
Appreciate 1
johnung4510.50
      07-12-2020, 03:24 PM   #3
sqwinny
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 6MT 328i M Sport

check the dealer with warranty if its covered. in the mean time order a replacement. bms, vrsf, cts turbo, er racewerks, etc.

locally i dont have anyone to recommend at the moment as a buddy had to close his shop temporarily due to covid. usually, I'd put on my own things over at garage yourself and pay for an hour to put on your own things with their tools and lift. there's a couple bmw shops around the area but more towards fort lauderdale and down south in miami.

I haven't worked with any of them directly or indirectly so I can't make a recommendation btw.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2020, 07:43 PM   #4
876_F30_335i
Private
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stilldre79 View Post
I blow my charge pipe yesterday on my 2016 435i. Need some advice on whether to take it to the dealer to be replaced or just order an upgrade like the VRSF and get it replaced. My car it still covered under warranty until December is this covered under that? Also any recommendations on shops that do these upgrades around Pembroke Pines? I know it's common for these to go bad and highly recommended to replaced these, but weighing my options on the best route to go.
Quote:
definately recommend going with vrsf or ER upgraded chargepipe or you inevitably will end up with same problem sooner or later replacing with another oem. I have a friend of mine that works on alot of our 335i / 435i's in miami , hes very reasonable and does good work. PM me if needed
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2020, 09:12 PM   #5
johnung
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i x-Drive Auto

Garage List
Quote:
No one makes a better chargepipe than Evolution Racewerks. BimmerShops website can help find local installers.

Don't try to drive it. Don't want to suck broken plastic into your engine
Appreciate 2