F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > Smoked taillights on a Melbourne Red F30?
Studio RSR

04-21-2014, 10:08 PM   #1
MarkoD
Registered
Canada
Rep
Drives: Black Sapphire/E90 328i/2009

Smoked taillights on a Melbourne Red F30?

After years of following these forums, I've finally decided to get involved!

I own a completely stock 328i F30 in Melbourne Red and I have lots of plans to turn it into my own unique dream car! I had a few questions though and was wondering if you guys could help.

The only thing I don't like about the red exterior colour is the fact that it matches the taillights and doesn't look too good in my opinion. My idea is to buy the dark film to smoke the tail-lights and make them stand out instead of the bland red-on-red. Has anybody done this before and if so, are there any pictures I could see? Look forward to hearing what you guys have to say.

Marko
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 08:48 AM   #2
carzaddict
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 Cadillac Escalade ESV

i dont think anyone has done it. im sure you can do a quick photoshop to see how its going to look. personally i dont think it will look good.

if you're really set on doing it, i think it would look MUCH better if you took apart the headlight and did a light smoking from the inside, kind of like how the bentley supersport looks