F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > 4 series impulse offers 0% APR
ARMA SPEED

11-16-2018, 12:04 PM   #309
330XDave
Major
Rep
Drives: 330d xDrive Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goneinsixtyseconds View Post
No point in putting deposit in at 0%. All it does is create a placebo effect where you think your monthly payment is lower. You'd may as well stick your £5k in a bank account and draw out each month £100 to make it feel lower, but earn some interest on the rest of your own money, instead of BMW getting it.
Or use it to reduce other debt that you are paying interest on such as other loans, credit cards or your mortgage.
Appreciate 1
      11-17-2018, 03:31 AM   #310
JNW1
Major General
Rep
Drives: F56 Mini Cooper S

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330XDave View Post
Quote:
No point in putting deposit in at 0%. All it does is create a placebo effect where you think your monthly payment is lower. You'd may as well stick your £5k in a bank account and draw out each month £100 to make it feel lower, but earn some interest on the rest of your own money, instead of BMW getting it.
Or use it to reduce other debt that you are paying interest on such as other loans, credit cards or your mortgage.
Agreed, there's no incentive to put a deposit down when you can finance it all at 0%; there must surely be a better, alternative, use for that £5k.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2018, 11:30 AM   #311
blueislander
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F32 440i

I was told today there are no 440i coupes in the system right now, but a nice glut of 430d's for anyone interested.

I went to see a GC today and it's lovely, but my heart is set on a 2 door so I'm going to be patient and see if more are sourced in the next week or two. I'm disappointed to miss out on my original choice, it had everything I wanted but it was never the dealer's car so that's the risk even with a deposit down I guess.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2018, 11:02 AM   #312
madmedman
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G82 M4 Comp

Hey guys. Need your thoughts on a 0% deal I am considering. Its for a sapphire black 320d Gran Coupe with M sport plus package.

Pro Nav £0
Metallic Paint @ 665
M sport Plus @2050
Sports auto @ 1690
Electric folding mirrors @300

It comes down to 470 per month for 48 months with 470 deposit and 8k miles per year.
Does it sound like a reasonable deal?
Sorry I have no clue as I am PCPing first time.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2018, 11:29 AM   #313
un1eash
Captain
Rep
Drives: M235i

Very overpriced, use coast2coast to work out the OTR price which I make to be £33,757 after 21% discount.

Then if we say the GMFV is £14k monthly cost should be £410 with £470 down. Use pcpcal to work out monthly cost.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2018, 12:14 PM   #314
madmedman
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by un1eash View Post
Very overpriced, use coast2coast to work out the OTR price which I make to be £33,757 after 21% discount.

Then if we say the GMFV is £14k monthly cost should be £410 with £470 down. Use pcpcal to work out monthly cost.
Thanks for that. I am completely new to all this. Is the 21% a separate discount that I need to ask for or is it offered all over by bmw?
Haven’t pulled the trigger yet so will check coast2coast as you suggested.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2018, 12:36 PM   #315
un1eash
Captain
Rep

4 series discount ranges from 18-26% depending on model and engine. The 440 GC seems to have the biggest discount.
The discount is made up of a finance contribution and dealer contribution, for example the finance contribution on a 420d is £3500.
I went armed with the coast2coast value and once they told me the gmfv I knew how much I should be paying. They started by only giving me the finance discount but I just said I want to pay X so they worked the numbers to get to within a couple pound of X.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2018, 12:39 PM   #316
blueislander
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
4 series discount ranges from 18-26% depending on model and engine. The 440 GC seems to have the biggest discount.
The discount is made up of a finance contribution and dealer contribution, for example the finance contribution on a 420d is £3500.
I went armed with the coast2coast value and once they told me the gmfv I knew how much I should be paying. They started by only giving me the finance discount but I just said I want to pay X so they worked the numbers to get to within a couple pound of X.
Absolutely this. Dealers will continually ask what your monthly requirements are.

What you want is.

Rrp
Rrp after discount
Gmfv

Whatever the amount is between rrp and rrp after discounts is the dealer and bmw contributions combined.

Whatever the difference is for gmfv removed from rrp after discount is the amount you need to finance 48 times

The gmfv is the amount left after that to buy the car outright if you want it keep it.

0% apr makes it easier to understand as there is no interest on top.

Interestingly, it's 1.9% apr as standard on a factory build and bmw are actually putting more in on those. The 0% deals are still a bit better but the choices are less on stock cars, and there are basically no 440is left (for those that want one)
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2018, 12:50 PM   #317
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Q7 & Clubman JCW on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmedman View Post
Hey guys. Need your thoughts on a 0% deal I am considering. Its for a sapphire black 320d Gran Coupe with M sport plus package.

Pro Nav £0
Metallic Paint @ 665
M sport Plus @2050
Sports auto @ 1690
Electric folding mirrors @300

It comes down to 470 per month for 48 months with 470 deposit and 8k miles per year.
Does it sound like a reasonable deal?
Sorry I have no clue as I am PCPing first time.
On a 420d GC you should be getting £10k discount, maybe a little more, made up of dealer discount and BMW contribution. The GFV and is decided by BMW and can't be changed by the dealer, same as the interest rate. The only thing that you need to do is make sure you've got the max discount you can and the payments will sort themselves out.

Don't be fooled by the dealers asking you where you need to be on your monthlies. They just shuffle money around to try and fool you, really annoys me that question when they ask it!
Appreciate 1
      11-19-2018, 01:06 PM   #318
madmedman
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Thanks guys. The pcpcal is still showing me 470 per month after I got the £33756 price from coast2coast. The dealer contribution is 3500. There is no contribution from BMW fs though. I guess there is no point in me offering more than the monthly payment as a downpayment. Not sure if I am doing something wrong here.

I am using Dick Lovett. Not sure how they are. They have the sapphire black 420d that is very tempting.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2018, 01:08 PM   #319
blueislander
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Thanks guys. The pcpcal is still showing me 470 per month after I got the £33756 price from coast2coast. The dealer contribution is 3500. There is no contribution from BMW fs though. I guess there is no point in me offering more than the monthly payment as a downpayment. Not sure if I am doing something wrong here.
Something is wrong there. Bmw fs should be putting in a few grand and so should the dealer. I think 3500 from BMW fs for the pcp and then a fair few grand from the dealer. Don't confuse the two by the way... Bmw will have a set amount per model they will contribute and then dealers differ with how much they put in.
Appreciate 2
      11-19-2018, 01:21 PM   #320
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

I am using Dick Lovett. Not sure how they are. They have the sapphire black 420d that is very tempting.
£3500 is the standard BMW contribution right now on that model, all dealers have to offer that. There should be another line on the quote that says dealer discount. If that bit doesn't say £6k plus then walk and try again.

A good starting point is carwow. Just enter your spec and dealers will email you their quotes directly straight away. You will see who's up for a deal and I've pushed the dealers further after their best carwow quote, playing them off against broker quotes, and got more off.

Once you've done that, you can always take your best quote to Dick Lovett and see if they'll match. If they won't, just collect from the dealer making you the best offer. You only need to travel to them once, paperwork can be done by email. I live in Chesterfield and my last 3 cars have been from Grimsby, Milton Keynes and Guildford. I had no trade in each time, caught the train and dealer collected me from station. I then had a nice drive back to get to know my new car.
Appreciate 1
madmedman275.00
      11-19-2018, 01:28 PM   #321
MashinBenzin
Major General
Rep
Drives: Eiger D5

Quote:

Is that dick Lovett bristol? I find that their deals are pretty poor usually. When I bought mine, another dealer beat their 'today only, very best price we can do' by about £4K. They can sell all their supply pretty easily here - big relatively well off catchment area.

Drives - 2020 LR Discovery HSE-L
Previous - 2019 LR Discovery HSE-L // 2016 F36 440i // 2009 E90 320D SE
Appreciate 1
madmedman275.00
      11-19-2018, 01:55 PM   #322
un1eash
Captain
Rep

If using pcp calc just enter the coast to coast value as this includes the finance and dealer contributions, Im guessing the gfmv will be around £14k

1) Price: 33757
2) Deposit: 470
3) Dealer Contribution:
4) Part Exchange Value:
5) Amount of the loan: 33287
6) Final Payment/GMFV: 14000
7) Annual percentage interest rate: 0.0001
8) Repayment period in months: 47

Monthly 410.36

Ps. I got sytner to do my deal.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2018, 02:09 PM   #323
madmedman
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueislander View Post
Something is wrong there. Bmw fs should be putting in a few grand and so should the dealer. I think 3500 from BMW fs for the pcp and then a fair few grand from the dealer. Don't confuse the two by the way... Bmw will have a set amount per model they will contribute and then dealers differ with how much they put in.
I guess its the BMW contribution and the dealer hasn't offered anything, hence the 470 per month quote. I need to shop around.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2018, 02:13 PM   #324
madmedman
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
£3500 is the standard BMW contribution right now on that model, all dealers have to offer that. There should be another line on the quote that says dealer discount. If that bit doesn't say £6k plus then walk and try again.

A good starting point is carwow. Just enter your spec and dealers will email you their quotes directly straight away. You will see who's up for a deal and I've pushed the dealers further after their best carwow quote, playing them off against broker quotes, and got more off.

Once you've done that, you can always take your best quote to Dick Lovett and see if they'll match. If they won't, just collect from the dealer making you the best offer. You only need to travel to them once, paperwork can be done by email. I live in Chesterfield and my last 3 cars have been from Grimsby, Milton Keynes and Guildford. I had no trade in each time, caught the train and dealer collected me from station. I then had a nice drive back to get to know my new car.
I guess I was jumping the gun straightaway.
Which dealer did you get your cars from if you don't mind me asking. I don't mind travelling anywhere for the right car and deal.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2018, 02:14 PM   #325
blueislander
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueislander View Post
I guess its the BMW contribution and the dealer hasn't offered anything, hence the 470 per month quote. I need to shop around.
Yup. Sounds like the bmw element. The dealers will BS you hard. I've had offers of zero to 7000 on 440i plus the bmw contribution
Appreciate 1
madmedman275.00
      11-19-2018, 02:15 PM   #326
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Lobb has ruined half of this forum. I have no idea if "madmedman" (read it) from "Manchester" is just another reincarnation of Lobb and this advice is just a way of him amusing himself.

We're going to have to set up a forum verification process just to prove who is and who isn't a figment of his tiresome mind.

Ps. If you are real, just use carwow, the good dealers will appear.....

I used Marshall's Grimsby for my 440.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2018, 02:19 PM   #327
madmedman
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MashinBenzin View Post
Is that dick Lovett bristol? I find that their deals are pretty poor usually. When I bought mine, another dealer beat their 'today only, very best price we can do' by about £4K. They can sell all their supply pretty easily here - big relatively well off catchment area.
Yea that's Bristol. They were the first one to tell me that had the exact car I was looking for. From reading here, they have offered me the short end of the stick.

Quote:
If using pcp calc just enter the coast to coast value as this includes the finance and dealer contributions, Im guessing the gfmv will be around £14k

1) Price: 33757
2) Deposit: 470
3) Dealer Contribution:
4) Part Exchange Value:
5) Amount of the loan: 33287
6) Final Payment/GMFV: 14000
7) Annual percentage interest rate: 0.0001
8) Repayment period in months: 47

Monthly 410.36

Ps. I got sytner to do my deal.
Thanks.
does the carwow quote include the dealer and BMW contribution or is it on top of the £33757 figure that I got?
Appreciate 1
      11-19-2018, 02:23 PM   #328
madmedman
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Lobb has ruined half of this forum. I have no idea if "madmedman" (read it) from "Manchester" is just another reincarnation of Lobb and this advice is just a way of him amusing himself.

We're going to have to set up a forum verification process just to prove who is and who isn't a figment of his tiresome mind.

Ps. If you are real, just use carwow, the good dealers will appear.....

I used Marshall's Grimsby for my 440.
Haha. I am just another guy looking to buy my dream car. I recently sold my F30 to a dealer and been driving a Honda Civic hatch for three weeks and I can't take the torture. check my post history.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2018, 02:41 PM   #329
un1eash
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Yea that's Bristol. They were the first one to tell me that had the exact car I was looking for. From reading here, they have offered me the short end of the stick.

Thanks.
does the carwow quote include the dealer and BMW contribution or is it on top of the £33757 figure that I got?
The 33757 already has the bmw and dealer contribution taken of it.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2018, 03:01 PM   #330
madmedman
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
The 33757 already has the bmw and dealer contribution taken of it.
Ok. I guess I am doing something wrong then. I used the carwow pcp calculator. It was still showing me 470 per month. I will try again.
Some of the carwow quotes have been worse with only 1250 contributions from dealer and BMW. Im scratching my head. Don't want to pay an extra £60 every month.

I have asked the dealer to send me a complete breakdown of the agreement. Will ask here when I get the details.
Appreciate 0