F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Moved : Screen Help :)
Extreme Powerhouse

11-14-2018, 09:23 PM   #1
justanurse
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 6sp

Garage List
2014 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Moved : Screen Help :)

Hey everybody so lm almost done with my NBT retrofit BUT lemme just say before anything else l did use the search options l just couldn't find a definitive answer so...

Wired everything up new cables and everything sound works 100% BUT my display is not working, l was under the impression NBT could work with the smaller screen (L7 ENTRY CID 6.5 ) but the screen just stays black, l was also under the impression that the screen would at least turn on (haven't coded yet but l will/can) :/

Any help is appreciated,
Ethan

Update : coded and still staying black, I️ saw a video of hu_entrynav working on the small 6.5 screen so am l still missing something? Reason I'm trying to get it to work is I'm waiting for my big screen to get repaired and l just wanna see it work lol

Anyway thank to anyone who chimes in,
Ethan
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2018, 11:21 PM   #2
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightf30 View Post
Hey everybody so lm almost done with my NBT retrofit BUT lemme just say before anything else l did use the search options l just couldn't find a definitive answer so...

Wired everything up new cables and everything sound works 100% BUT my display is not working, l was under the impression NBT could work with the smaller screen (L7 ENTRY CID 6.5 ) but the screen just stays black, l was also under the impression that the screen would at least turn on (haven't coded yet but l will/can) :/

Any help is appreciated,
Ethan

Update : coded and still staying black, I️ saw a video of hu_entrynav working on the small 6.5 screen so am l still missing something? Reason I'm trying to get it to work is I'm waiting for my big screen to get repaired and l just wanna see it work lol

Ethan
Did you put in a NBT, NBT EVO or NBT EVO+ unit?

What was the part number on the HU?

And what is the part number on the CID?
Appreciate 1
      11-14-2018, 11:27 PM   #3
justanurse
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
Quote:

Any help is appreciated,
Ethan

Ethan
Did you put in a NBT, NBT EVO or NBT EVO+ unit?

What was the part number on the HU?

And what is the part number on the CID?
I️ put in a nbt unit I️ wasn't sure the part number so here's the pic of the sticker on top
And here is the pic of the display lm trying to use while waiting
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-14-2018, 11:32 PM   #4
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Part number for HU is on the side label, not that label.
Appreciate 1
      11-14-2018, 11:48 PM   #5
justanurse
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Alright one sec gotta pull it out
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2018, 11:52 PM   #6
justanurse
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Alright one sec gotta pull it out
This is the only other sticker on there
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-15-2018, 12:02 AM   #7
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
And that’s your part number 65129383072

As it’s a 2014-2015 unit, it’s not a NBT EVO or EVO+ unit

As the CID has a 2014 date on it, it is also the older video type.

My thought was you might be mismatching compatiablity of the two types, but those units should be compatible with each other.

Have you confirmed the CID does work in another vehicle?
Appreciate 1
      11-15-2018, 12:06 AM   #8
justanurse
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
And that's your part number 65129383072

As it's a 2014-2015 unit, it's not a NBT EVO or EVO+ unit

As the CID has a 2014 date on it, it is also the older video type.

My thought was you might be mismatching compatiablity of the two types, but those units should be compatible with each other.

Have you confirmed the CID does work in another vehicle?
Yes actually the CID was what l was using with my hu_entry prior to putting the nbt in, suprisigly enough l tried using two DuPont connector to bridge just power from the nbt to the screen connector and it showed no signal but that's all when cars turned back on just back to black, l went ahead and coded the nbt for the smaller display and resolution but nothing still
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2018, 12:46 AM   #9
justanurse
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW 328i  [0.00]
l tried to code different options as well as tried using a different cable and just nothing, I'm not sure if it's a voltage issue or a hardware issue because sometimes l get the no signal display and sometimes l do not it just stays black, sound and everything else is working :/
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2018, 08:20 AM   #10
Jhnblckwood
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 2014 320i xdrive

Quote:
l tried to code different options as well as tried using a different cable and just nothing, I'm not sure if it's a voltage issue or a hardware issue because sometimes l get the no signal display and sometimes l do not it just stays black, sound and everything else is working :/
Nbt does not work with hu entry screen.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2018, 08:26 AM   #11
justanurse
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhnblckwood View Post
Quote:
So entrynav would work with the entry screen but NBT won't, just making sure duck are in a row before l go spending more thanks for the reply
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2018, 08:27 AM   #12
Jhnblckwood
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
So entrynav would work with the entry screen but NBT won't, just making sure duck are in a row before l go spending more thanks for the reply
No but nbt screen will Work with entrynav.
Appreciate 1
      11-16-2018, 08:31 AM   #13
justanurse
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Dang so is there a different screen that looks exactly like the entry one because l swear Kies Motorsport swapped a entrynav 6.5 (looks like mine not the more sleek looking one) for a 8.8, so he had the 6.5 entry cid to begin with?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-16-2018, 04:53 PM   #14
Jhnblckwood
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Dang so is there a different screen that looks exactly like the entry one because l swear Kies Motorsport swapped a entrynav 6.5 (looks like mine not the more sleek looking one) for a 8.8, so he had the 6.5 entry cid to begin with?
Entrynav will Work with 8" screen. U said u have entry, that screen will not work with nbt. I upgraded from entry to nbt n had to get new screen also.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2018, 04:54 PM   #15
Jhnblckwood
Captain
Rep

"Entrynav" and "entry" are two different headunits and screens.
Appreciate 1
      11-16-2018, 04:57 PM   #16
justanurse
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:

Oh alright l think that's what l was looking for l have hu_entry with a combox because my car has a build date of 04/14, so even though it looks the same there is a different 6.5 display screen for entry and entrynav?
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2018, 04:59 PM   #17
justanurse
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:

Oh alright l think that's what l was looking for l have hu_entry with a combox because my car has a build date of 04/14, so even though it looks the same there is a different 6.5 display screen for entry and entrynav?
l was just using the pic as an example of a 6.5" on entrynav I'm not trying to use 8.8 rn (l have a 10.25 on the way back from maintenance in a couple weeks)
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2018, 05:07 PM   #18
Jhnblckwood
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

l was just using the pic as an example of a 6.5" on entrynav I'm not trying to use 8.8 rn (l have a 10.25 on the way back from maintenance in a couple weeks)
I can't say for a 100% fact that the Entrynav screen will Work on nbt but I assume so since I kno the nbt screen works with Entrynav head unit. But I have the same thing as you before I upgraded to nbt n nbt screen. Ur 10" will not Work with entry, upgrade to nbt, u wount b disappointed. U can find them fairly cheap now. Just don't get nbt evo unless ur prepared to spend a lot more money.
Appreciate 1
      11-16-2018, 05:09 PM   #19
Jhnblckwood
Captain
Rep

I'm sorry I see u did upgrade to nbt. Ok ur 10" will work fine tho u may need to make some modifications for it to fit correct in the dash.
Appreciate 1
      11-16-2018, 05:16 PM   #20
justanurse
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I can't say for a 100% fact that the Entrynav screen will Work on nbt but I assume so since I kno the nbt screen works with Entrynav head unit. But I have the same thing as you before I upgraded to nbt n nbt screen. Ur 10" will not Work with entry, upgrade to nbt, u wount b disappointed. U can find them fairly cheap now. Just don't get nbt evo unless ur prepared to spend a lot more money.
Awesome stuff man thanks for all the help ya pretty much l was just trying to figure out if my nbt is actually working as it should by using the small screen because that 10 is going straight in when it's gets here
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2018, 05:21 PM   #21
Jhnblckwood
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Awesome stuff man thanks for all the help ya pretty much l was just trying to figure out if my nbt is actually working as it should by using the small screen because that 10 is going straight in when it's gets here
Nice. No problem bro. Like I said u do have to make modifications to ur dash. There is s thread on that so u may wanna do that now so it can go straight in like u want. Goodluck!!
Appreciate 1
      11-16-2018, 05:40 PM   #22
justanurse
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Nice. No problem bro. Like I said u do have to make modifications to ur dash. There is s thread on that so u may wanna do that now so it can go straight in like u want. Goodluck!!
Thanks actually one more thing since you've done it, l am using emulator but do you know if l have to vo code nbt with donor vin? l already coded it it but now lm finding around the forum that some people have been having to create a FA just for vo coding the nbt with the donor vin l just don't know lf l have to do this too
Appreciate 0