F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > B58 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > MG flasher - mobile App for B58 Fxx/Gxx tuning -- NOW LIVE!!!
Studio RSR

06-15-2019, 01:17 PM   #375
azzetz4life
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 535i 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarek@JRAuto View Post
Please see the new Stages Classifications below:

Stage 1: cars with fully stock exhaust system

Up to 430HP 610NM @ Crank – cars with stock exhaust system
Up to 410HP up to 580NM @ Crank - cars equipped additionally with Otto Particulate Filter (OPF)

8HP flash recommended to take full advantage of the maximum TQ , otherwise please select the marker
*8HP Flash NOT installed (550NM limit)* - mark this option when 8HP50 TCU flash is NOT installed

Stage2: Use only with high flow downpipe or high flow catalytic converter

Up to 470HP 650NM @Crank

Stage 2 minimum requirements are: downpipe + 8HP50 software so we decided to not implement additional marker in ST2 since most of the users who willing to have ST2 power and tq level have 8HP50 already programmed.

I hope this helps
what about 6mt people?

do we also check the tuned transmission option ?

and for ethanol blends do u get that for each stage u buy or is that 2 map purchases?
say i buy stage 1 map do i also need to buy a stage 1. blend map after that?
Appreciate 1
bmc34016.50
      06-26-2019, 12:23 PM   #376
pgadv
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2018 340 xDrive M Sport MPPSK

Jarek
Can you post the Stage 1 and 2 HP and TQ at the wheel?
Thx
Appreciate 1
bmc34016.50
      07-04-2019, 04:42 PM   #377
Jarek@JRAuto
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Canada
Rep

Drives: G20 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by D's Bimmer View Post
iOS???? Can we get a response to this instead of asking and nothing.

You advertise on your site like it is already there. When will you have it up on the App Store?

I have the Android with an older tablet and do not want to spend money and something newer.
We are planning to release the iOS version at the end of September.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2019, 06:40 AM   #378
Jarek@JRAuto
Canada
Rep

𝗠𝗚 𝗙𝗹𝗮𝘀𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝘂𝗽𝗱𝗮𝘁𝗲 𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝟭.𝟯.𝟭

MG Flasher update ver 1.3.1 is now Live with our custom code “Dynamic Burble On The Fly”

Existing users, please synchronize your App and update\flash new OTS maps to ver. 1.4 and E30 OTS maps to ver 1.1. Just before flashing you will be informed that the procedure will take approximately 20 minutes. This is a one-time 20 minute flash that will not occur again unless new updates are released in this specific code.

New Users will receive automatic activation when car/ECU is unlocked with the Flashing License.

This option is also available for custom tunes and is enabled with the purchase of a Flashing License.

With this function, flashing your car every time you want to adjust the intensity of the burbles is a thing of the past! Via a simple combination of the Driving Experience Switch and the MSA button you can change the intensity of the burbles ON THE FLY!

There are 4 switchable levels available.

Watch our instructional video on Youtube or Facebook page to see how it works and read below for more info!

Important Notes:

1. The car must be running for this function to work.
2. The car must have been running for longer than 10s to begin selecting as described below.
3. The car must be above 50 degree coolant temperature for burbles to activate.
4. Drive Mode must be enabled, manual mode deactivates the selection process.
5. You must press the MSA button twice within 2.5 seconds for it to be a valid selection.
6. The burble level adjusted by the Aggressiveness Slider during your last OTS map flash will be the default aggressiveness adjustment without any of the above mentioned selections. This "default" mode will be activated each time when vehicle is started after sleep mode.

Application Details:

• Level 1 - Switch to ECO Mode via the Driver Experience Switch and push the MSA button twice within 2.5 seconds. Then you must return to Sport or Sport + mode to hear the changes. This level will be equivalent to a 20% increase in slider adjustment.

• Level 2 - Switch to Comfort Mode via the Driver Experience Switch and push the MSA button twice within 2.5 seconds. Then you must return to Sport or Sport + mode to hear the changes. This level will be equivalent to a 40% increase in slider adjustment.

• Level 3 - Switch to Sport Mode via the Driver Experience Switch and push the MSA button twice within 2.5 seconds. The changes should be heard immediately, given that you are already in Sport Mode, where burbles are active.
This level will be equivalent to a 70% increase in slider adjustment.

• Burble OFF - Switch to Sport Mode + via the Driver Experience Switch and push the MSA button twice within 2.5 seconds. Burbles will now be fully deactivated.

• Default Mode – To switch back to your stock/default settings (depending on your slider positions) you must simply hold the ESP button until it is fully deactivated then push the MSA button twice within 2.5 seconds.

Last edited by Jarek@JRAuto; 07-11-2019 at 01:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2019, 12:51 PM   #379
Bavarian MW
lurker
Rep
Drives: 16 s1000r 17 M240i 18 340i

I have tried the new Burble option, on the fly. Very cool stuff. I love being able to turn burble off when I want it. Or I can keep it at 10% aggressiveness when I'm sleepy, and then it is SUPER EZ to bring "Thunder to the World" when I want it. Excellent, Jarek!

Also let me comment that since I have run the e30 tune, I have not switched back to 93oct once. I am used to heat and humidity just killing the smoothness and power of our vehicles. And I notice heat differences still running on e30, but I am still pulling 600nm to 5K, consistently, and smoothly.

Thank you again Jarek, keep up the hard work. Us users notice and appreciate it! --MW
Appreciate 2
      07-23-2019, 03:45 PM   #380
B58-Rocks
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M140i

Little Feedback!

hello dear forum and hello Jarek!

None of you know, but I am a very difficult customer! But the Jarek is very hard to help me.

He responds to every customer request and also changes a lot in his app, so that everyone has something of it.

At the beginning, the app was unfortunately very mau. Jarek set up the app step by step with love and heart and took every, but also every feedback from me seriously.

jarek as a person is a very qualitative working type!

He does his job very well and never lets you down.

I myself come from Germany - incidentally haha

now to the app itself:

every function programmed is working too. The car clearly has more power and not too little.

I was only interested in the "Burble" in itself! I still use a catalyc converter. the jarek had to create a custom file for me to be able to respond to my wishes. He also did that wonderfully.

Let's make it short:

Per:
+ Works stable
+ dynamic (jarek can change everything on request, where is there something else?)
+ Safety is written high here - very important
+ he warns me if I ask too much: D
+ you will not regret the purchase (is also positive) haha

negative:
-Jarek I have to consider a negative aspect because I can balance it.

-IOS must come as soon as possible

BRUTAL APP!!
Appreciate 1
      07-26-2019, 05:53 AM   #381
henkherrie
Private
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: 2016 M140i

Tested the new burble options.

The loudest version is just borderline criminal haha! Pretty cool, just keep in mind your neighbors probably think otherwise
Appreciate 2
      08-02-2019, 09:21 AM   #382
Jarek@JRAuto
Canada
Rep

𝗠𝗚 𝗙𝗹𝗮𝘀𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝘂𝗽𝗱𝗮𝘁𝗲 𝗿𝗲𝗹𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗲 𝘃𝗲𝗿. 𝟭.𝟯

MG Flasher update release ver. 1.3.9

• OPF delete option added
• Custom code "Burble on The Fly" minor bug fix: incorrect Aggressiveness level in default mode or when burble marker unchecked
• Logger – bug fixes, data channels added, corrected ram variables for OPF equipped versions
• updated User Manual

Stay tuned for more, main update coming soon!

Appreciate 2
      08-07-2019, 12:06 PM   #383
msk340i
Major
Rep
Drives: 340i M sport

I'm using BM3 stage 2, how does this stage 2 or 3 compare to it? Did anyone use both times and have any advice? It's it now powerful? Safer? Any other differences? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2019, 06:37 PM   #384
Jarek@JRAuto
Canada
Rep

Switchable Maps via MG Flasher - update 1.3.10

Switchable Maps via MG Flasher - update 1.3.10 BMW B58/B48

MG Flasher is pleased to announce our latest innovation! Our team has recently developed a way to switch between E30 OTS and regular octane fuel OTS maps without the need to reflash the vehicle! Through a simple combination of the Brake Pedal, Accelerator Pedal, Traction Control Button and the Driver Select Switch you can quickly select between E30 and Regular
Octane mapping.

Instructions:

Enabling E30 Mapping:

1.The car must be in the ignition ON position with the engine not running
2.Select ECO Pro from the driver's select menu
3.Depress the brake pedal while holding the gas pedal to its maximum position
4.After a few seconds the RPM in the dash should show 1000 rpm (indicator of
E30 Map Selection)

Enabling/Reverting to Regular Octane OTS Mapping:

2.Press the Traction Control Button once
4.After a few seconds the RPM in the dash should go from 1000 rpm to 0 (indicator of Regular OTS Selection)

Verifying Your Selection:

If at any time the user would like to check their currently selected setting, they can do so via the MG Flasher Logger and regard the Ram Variable “selected state for map switch” or they can simply perform the following procedure:

2.Select COMFORT from the driver's select menu
4.Immediately you will notice that the selected value will be displayed on the instrument cluster;

Switchable Maps function is 100% free with a purchase of any E30 OTS maps and is available starting with MG Flasher App update 1.3.10 and E30 OTS maps ver 2.5

Thank you all for taking the time to view our newest innovation and we look forward to announcing more features as time goes on!

Appreciate 3
      09-07-2019, 11:47 AM   #385
SnowmanF36
Rep
Drives: 2019 440ix MPPSK

Any updates on Apple supported app ?
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2019, 10:16 AM   #386
Nick7502
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 340i B58

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowmanF36 View Post
Any updates on Apple supported app ?
Would I be able to transfer my android license to iOS?
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2019, 04:29 PM   #387
pgadv
Enlisted Member
Rep

Just installed my flash today and I have a question on the the new burble on the fly...

If I don’t activate “burble” setting during flash because I have MPSSK, will this feature still work?
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2019, 04:21 PM   #388
pgadv
Enlisted Member
Rep

Feedback on Logger?

Curious to get feedback from those using Logger to tweak their tune?

Is it worth the effort?

What level of difference are you seeing from stock map?

Thx!
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2019, 04:31 PM   #389
InstigatorX
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i GC xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgadv View Post
Just installed my flash today and I have a question on the the new burble on the fly...

If I don’t activate “burble” setting during flash because I have MPSSK, will this feature still work?
Standard burble (MPSSK or non) is enabled if you don't select the "burble" option. The option allows you to fine tune it. Either way, the burble on-the-fly option works.
Appreciate 1
      09-20-2019, 04:34 PM   #390
pgadv
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thanks!

The instructions state you need to be in Drive, not Manual....

I assume the changes are done in Park though?
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2019, 04:35 PM   #391
InstigatorX
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Curious to get feedback from those using Logger to tweak their tune?

Is it worth the effort?

What level of difference are you seeing from stock map?

Thx!
IMO the logger is invaluable to ensure every is running kosher. I check it from time-to-time to make sure everything is running as it should. As for tweaking, you'll need logging to send to MG if you want to customize beyond what OTS stages get you.

I'm running a custom ST1 and working with MG to squeeze every drop I can...safely. I see a huge boost in perf over stock tune. He's great and knows is sh?t.
Appreciate 1
      09-20-2019, 05:21 PM   #392
pgadv
Enlisted Member
Rep

Does the Logger manual explain optimal settings so one knows what to look for when evaluating the need for adjustments?

You obviously know your stuff.

I would be starting blind LOL

Thanks for your interest in helping out
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2019, 06:08 PM   #393
InstigatorX
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Does the Logger manual explain optimal settings so one knows what to look for when evaluating the need for adjustments?

You obviously know your stuff.

I would be starting blind LOL

Thanks for your interest in helping out
I wouldn't say that. Just a hack and learned a lot from MG/Jarek and reading/googling. Best thing to do is send the logs to support. They're very responsive and will tell you if anything is out of whack.

With that said, things I look for are...

1. Timing (curving up as RPM goes up)
2. Timing corrections (I like to see 0, but heard up to 3 degrees on 3 or less cylinders is ok)
3. Knock detected (I like to see 0 on the logging run)

That's about all I check to ensure things running smoothly. I send them to MG for further analysis. He'll tell you if anything is amiss.
Appreciate 1
      09-20-2019, 06:12 PM   #394
pgadv
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by InstigatorX View Post
I wouldn't say that. Just a hack and learned a lot from MG/Jarek and reading/googling. Best thing to do is send the logs to support. They're very responsive and will tell you if anything is out of whack.

With that said, things I look for are...

1. Timing (curving up as RPM goes up)
2. Timing corrections (I like to see 0, but heard up to 3 degrees on 3 or less cylinders is ok)
3. Knock detected (I like to see 0 on the logging run)

That's about all I check to ensure things running smoothly. I send them to MG for further analysis. He'll tell you if anything is amiss.
Hopefully last question...

Is your experience that the amount of tweaking from the stock map was significant enough that tweaking was an absolute must?
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2019, 08:01 PM   #395
InstigatorX
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Hopefully last question...

Is your experience that the amount of tweaking from the stock map was significant enough that tweaking was an absolute must?
Not at all. I was a beta tester and like to mess around. OTS work great. Some of what you see in OTS was a result of the beta testers. I haven't actually done anything to my tune since July. Looking to try E30 next.
Appreciate 1
      09-21-2019, 12:52 AM   #396
pgadv
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by InstigatorX View Post
Not at all. I was a beta tester and like to mess around. OTS work great. Some of what you see in OTS was a result of the beta testers. I haven't actually done anything to my tune since July. Looking to try E30 next.

Thanks for your input.
Cheers
Appreciate 0