F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Using BMW Warranty
GetBMWParts

05-30-2023, 09:07 AM   #1
ukblade
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 435d xdrive

Using BMW Warranty

Hi,

I have 3 separate issues with my F32 that I'm hoping the extended warranty will cover.
Does anyone know whether the 3 will be covered by one excess?

Intermittent loss of LED's in gear lever, now off more than they're on.
Intermittent failure of passenger door to open from the inside, unless I lock and unlock car using button on dashboard.
Intermittent drivetrain error warning, this one started this week, so I guess it's time to get booked in. The others I could live with.
Also would it have to go to main dealers or would somewhere like Deutsch Tech (who are much closer to me) be approved?

Thanks mark.

PS I'm a bit concerned about getting it booked in after reading a reply on the airbag recall thread that said the dealer wouldn't be allowed to release the car without the "out of stock" airbag being done!
      05-30-2023, 11:12 AM   #2
martin10chk
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 316i, F21 M135i (gone)

When I had issues - a couple of years ago now - it was a single excess. Hope that would be the same for you. I think it needs to be a BMW dealer for the BMW approved warranty claim. I think I would be more concerned about the airbag killing me than the dealer retaining the car because it might kill me. If they have to keep the car they should give you a loaner.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2023, 03:20 PM   #3
danb1979
Idiotic lifter of heavy stones...
Rep
Drives: 2015 F31 325D M Sport touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukblade View Post
Hi,

I have 3 separate issues with my F32 that I'm hoping the extended warranty will cover.
Does anyone know whether the 3 will be covered by one excess?

Intermittent loss of LED's in gear lever, now off more than they're on.
Intermittent failure of passenger door to open from the inside, unless I lock and unlock car using button on dashboard.
Intermittent drivetrain error warning, this one started this week, so I guess it's time to get booked in. The others I could live with.
Also would it have to go to main dealers or would somewhere like Deutsch Tech (who are much closer to me) be approved?

Thanks mark.

PS I'm a bit concerned about getting it booked in after reading a reply on the airbag recall thread that said the dealer wouldn't be allowed to release the car without the "out of stock" airbag being done!
Speak to your dealer first and if they ask you to take it in at a specific time to assess a 'drive in issue' and deem the fault needs to repaired, they'll be OK to release the car back to you...

Exactly what we had 3 weeks ago with our F31 that ended up having a full rocker cover and intake mani replacing and all the gubbins that go with that...!

And it'll be under one excess... Well, it should be
Appreciate 0