F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > Audi e-tron
proTUNING Freaks

09-18-2018, 04:20 AM   #1
RobUK
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 340i MPPSK

Garage List
Audi e-tron

So far don't like all those touch screens, and I'd have to try those wing mirror cameras, also the i-Pace is streets ahead on looks. "0-60 in under 6s" must mean 5.9s? Even if this wasn't an Audi, can't say anything about this would tempt me.

Life is a state of mind
Appreciate 1
      09-18-2018, 04:26 AM   #2
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Another dull electric car. It's odd how green cars are being interpreted in SUV format, the biggest least aero dynamic interpretation of a car.

Still it's needed for the barriers no doubt. We still await the step change in battery size, weight and charging capacity. Until then, plenty of these will be emerging.

Nice package all round by Audi as ever. I do wonder if Diesel Gate becomes a longer term win for VW group, forcing them down the future path earlier than say JLR who as we see have approximately 1 PHEV RRS and the ipace only? Did I get that right?
      09-18-2018, 04:55 AM   #3
MashinBenzin
Major General
Rep
Drives: Eiger D5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustChris View Post
Another dull electric car. It's odd how green cars are being interpreted in SUV format, the biggest least aero dynamic interpretation of a car.

Still it's needed for the barriers no doubt. We still await the step change in battery size, weight and charging capacity. Until then, plenty of these will be emerging.

Nice package all round by Audi as ever. I do wonder if Diesel Gate becomes a longer term win for VW group, forcing them down the future path earlier than say JLR who as we see have approximately 1 PHEV RRS and the ipace only? Did I get that right?
I think there might be a full-fat RR phev as well? Expensive models though so only niche sellers perhaps.

Drives - 2020 LR Discovery HSE-L
Previous - 2019 LR Discovery HSE-L // 2016 F36 440i // 2009 E90 320D SE
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2018, 06:57 AM   #4
kzg1969
Lieutenant Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X3M Comp / M3 E93

surely if you are going to go have cameras instead of mirrors you could design something a little less......mirror looking! I like the idea, but it just looks shit.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2018, 07:02 AM   #5
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzg1969 View Post
surely if you are going to go have cameras instead of mirrors you could design something a little less......mirror looking! I like the idea, but it just looks shit.
I think it still needs to protrude out a certain distance from the body. Fairly decent interpretation maybe. They look ripe for kids to smash off with a bat though.

Maybe also a US lawsuit waiting to happen with that knife like design.
      09-18-2018, 07:45 AM   #6
Watsey
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330D sDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustChris View Post
I think it still needs to protrude out a certain distance from the body. Fairly decent interpretation maybe. They look ripe for kids to smash off with a bat though.

Maybe also a US lawsuit waiting to happen with that knife like design.
They're not e-mirrors, they're handbag handles for all the mums that seem to flock to the Q5-sized cars. Should keep the smart repair people in business repairing scratches to the wing/door
Current : F31 330sD, remapped, Ohlins Road & Track, Millway camber plates, Quaife LSD, Stoptech brakes + Pagid RSL1 pads all round, Weichers front strut brace, Eibach front & rear anti-roll bars, Michelin MP4S.
Appreciate 0