F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > McKenna BMW? Full of scams?
proTUNING Freaks

08-05-2015, 11:19 PM   #23
Steve33
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2018 SQ5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie@McKennaBMWService View Post
Obviously everyone here posted similar responses leads me to believe that the OP is in full understanding as well now? He hasn't chimed in...
I'm going to keep my response G rated so I don't get another infraction - I think he may have read his contract again and realized he was in the wrong.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2015, 11:21 PM   #24
Charlie@McKennaBMWService
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Shelby GT350

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve33 View Post
I'm going to keep my response G rated so I don't get another infraction - I think he may have read his contract again and realized he was in the wrong.
Agreed.
      08-06-2015, 01:06 PM   #25
WickedE93
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: White E93 M3

I hate that dealership, even though it's right down the street from my house I rather drive all the way to Glendale because it actually saves me time due to the fact every time I have taken my car to McKenna they do a horrible job, don't do the job they say etc. I've never had a good experience here.
Gintani Supercharger/ Gintani x-pipe/ Challenge rear muffler section powder coated black/ Alpine DCT Tune & Coding/ Republic Werkz modded headlights and tail lights/ Gloss black cosmetics, hood vents, and mirror caps/ Piano Black interior trim, Roof painted black by Ranz Motorsports/ Velos Designwerkz Solo V's/ KW V3's/ MRF Solid sub-frame bushings W/ Delrin Diff bushings/ Duke Dynamics CSL Trunk/ Euro bumper/ Full Dinmann aero kit.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2015, 12:32 AM   #26
bavarianboar
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 540i, 2020 430i

The simple fact OP is trying to bring up is, KEVIN is not knowledgeable to answer OP's question and convinced him without double checking his own facts. Then slams whatever is thrown by BMWFS back onto OP.

In another story, some customer was told by McKenna BMW ' There will always be someone who will sell the car to you for lower price, but the customer service we will offer is unmatched' Go figure.

From McKenna's viewpoint

They have a huge inventory.
They don't care about informed buyers.
They can milk the impulse buyers or uninformed/emotional buyers
Volume of sales and rotation of SAs does not call for any long term relationship with customers.

I would use such dealerships for test drives only (if necessary) and walk away without even asking for a quote.

Driving: 2020 540i M-Sport Carbon Black, Ivory Nappa - Dec 2019 BTO - Feb 2020 Delivery
Returned: 2016 535i M-Sport Carbon Black, Ivory Nappa :: 2014 F30 335i M-Sport Min Grey, Coral Red :: 2011 E90 328i Deep Sea Blue, Oyster Dakota
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2015, 12:41 AM   #27
CRtoE92
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Melbourne red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie@McKennaBMWService
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtoE92 View Post
I even asked Kevin this
"Do you think its fair for me to pay this fee although i was told by you numerous times that i will not be, if you think its fair then ill pay and will not make a deal out of it."

He said "i will talk to someone and call you right back."

Never ever got a call from him ever again and still havent
OP, as I shared through PM's, the disposition fee is nothing Kevin has authority to waive, being that the fee is something you pay forward to BMW and not your selling dealer. Obviously all the information and fees were disclosed in your closing contract in which you spent the time in signing because we all know how long it could take, why you are this upset about a minimal fee astonishes me... As I shared with you in our PM, I recently returned my girlfriends Mini, and even as a BMW employee I still had to pay the disposition fee, you do however have the "power" per say to negotiate the fee with BMW financial and once again not your selling dealer... I don't quite understand how "scam" is even relevant to your situation because as I just stated, you signed a legal document stating that you are financially responsible for all fees associated when purchasing or going into a lease... Now I do agree that Kevin could have carried out his responsibilities to you his client a little more effectively and definitely shame on him for never getting back to you, but there's always two sides to the story...
First of all, i really appreciate that you are trying to communicate and i am now aware that Kevin has no authority to wave that for me

My point is that then he should have never given that definite answers in the beginning or at least tell me to call bmwfs explaining my situation to find out because in the end, im the one who gets ding for it and thats why i asked him several times Furthermore he is not communicating with me to solve this problem
What im expecting is at least be responsible for his words and say sorry.....apologize, accept his fault
Im not going to do anything to the guy who accepts his wrong and apologize

Ever since that phone call he said he will get back to me.,,, i have never received a call from him ever again.... You know why that makes me feel horrible ? Because he played very nice and sounded he cares when i was there to finalize the deal with my friend and all

Suddenly once the problem exposed to the surface, he became completely different person

I understand everyone I cant really blame anyone for not being smart about leasing but they are really the only dealership who marked up MF and acquisition fee Thats what makes me think Maybe its their selling strategy to try to rip people off cuz i have visited many other dealerships and none of them tried to do it and this is 100% truth....
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2015, 12:42 AM   #28
CRtoE92
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarianboar
The simple fact OP is trying to bring up is, KEVIN is not knowledgeable to answer OP's question and convinced him without double checking his own facts. Then slams whatever is thrown by BMWFS back onto OP.

In another story, some customer was told by McKenna BMW ' There will always be someone who will sell the car to you for lower price, but the customer service we will offer is unmatched' Go figure.

From McKenna's viewpoint

They have a huge inventory.
They don't care about informed buyers.
They can milk the impulse buyers or uninformed/emotional buyers
Volume of sales and rotation of SAs does not call for any long term relationship with customers.

I would use such dealerships for test drives only (if necessary) and walk away without even asking for a quote.
Thats exactly right... I knew completely and was aware of being responsible for disposition fee at the end but my case was a little different than returning it
Thats why i asked Kevin many times

Mckenna service guy makes me look like im just crying being irresponsible for something that i autographed in the contract that i would be responsible for

I paid that $350, its not the money i am upset over
Im upset because of his words that he is not being responsible for and lack of communication to solve this

I dont think that Mckenna service guy is getting the point over here and posting samething over and over but i do appreciate that hes communicating at least about this whether he understands where i am trying to get with this
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2015, 05:43 PM   #29
Westsider45
draught tolerant
Rep
Drives: '17 C63 sedan

I actually had a great experience at McKenna Pre-Owned last year, where I test drove a 6MT 320i for the first time with Richard Hulick(?)

Don't know if he's still there ..

I think it's just the new vehicle sales floor that doesn't strike me as particularly customer-oriented...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie@McKennaBMWService View Post
Naturally so... But more importantly I didn't want there to be any form of misconception in relations to the OP's situation... Point being a document was signed in agreement to pay such fee's in question for a lease, but somehow was misinterpreted as a "scam" is just falsifying information... The salesman in question stated that he would look into seeing if the fee could be waived(not 100% possible), although the fee was a signed commitment to be paid by the OP, and because it could not wash away or be waived, he's upset... In full understanding that the salesman could have done a better job at communication, that's where the fault is IMO, communication was nearly non existent...

Obviously everyone here posted similar responses leads me to believe that the OP is in full understanding as well now? He hasn't chimed in...
'07 G35 sedan Sport 6MT - tail happy
'94 del Sol Si 5MT - sweet shifter
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2015, 11:07 PM   #30
Labeef
Captain
Rep
Drives: 320I Sport/Xenon

If you look up any dealership on yelp you will see these exact experiences. It's almost black and white.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2015, 01:05 AM   #31
Steve33
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2018 SQ5

Quote:
Thats exactly right... I knew completely and was aware of being responsible for disposition fee at the end but my case was a little different than returning it

Mckenna service guy makes me look like im just crying being irresponsible for something that i autographed in the contract that i would be responsible for

Im upset because of his words that he is not being responsible for and lack of communication to solve this

I dont think that Mckenna service guy is getting the point over here and posting samething over and over but i do appreciate that hes communicating at least about this whether he understands where i am trying to get with this
Honestly you misunderstood what he said - he probably meant the person who is buying out your car should be responsible for the disposition fee, not you. Now you're out here most likely making libelous statements based on a misunderstanding you had with the dealership. If I were you, I'd just delete the whole thread before you land yourself in hot water.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2015, 02:03 AM   #32
CRtoE92
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve33
Quote:

Honestly you misunderstood what he said - he probably meant the person who is buying out your car should be responsible for the disposition fee, not you. Now you're out here most likely making libelous statements based on a misunderstanding you had with the dealership. If I were you, I'd just delete the whole thread before you land yourself in hot water.
I have been communicating with him from different thread, im not just misunderstanding him, and what makes you think that its my misunderstanding? I perfectly understood kevins answer several times

You meant kevins misunderstanding??

Why would i want to make my friend pay for something that he has nothing to do with this? Thats pointless recommendation he is making.... Im not going to make my friend take the damage for something that Kevin said, before anything i would pay for it before making my friend pays for it and i did already because Kevin doesnt bother to be responsible for his words

To me, for some reason You just wanna be against me and i totally understand and respect your perspective.... But please think about this in my shoes at least once and see how u would feel
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2015, 09:31 AM   #33
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labeef View Post
If you look up any dealership on yelp you will see these exact experiences. It's almost black and white.
This is the unfortunate truth about dealerships, back to my point from the very beginning, it comes in waves, you may catch good ones and you may catch bad ones... All in the roll of your dice if you're lucky, I have yet to see a dealership with 5-stars.
      08-10-2015, 11:29 AM   #34
s1k0ne
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ..

so what dealer/ sales person would you guys recommend?
I just went to Shelly but their sales people are about the same as McKenna.
F30 6MT 335i - EBII
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2015, 11:34 AM   #35
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1k0ne View Post
so what dealer/ sales person would you guys recommend?
I just went to Shelly but their sales people are about the same as McKenna.
I can get you lined up with a sales person, PM me with details.
      08-11-2015, 06:03 PM   #36
dreamspeed
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT

Quote:
/QFT

Pretty much every dealership has poor customer reviews...but those reviews doesn't necessarily mean YOU will have a poor experience there. It's complicated, lol
      08-11-2015, 06:08 PM   #37
dreamspeed
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT

Quote:
This makes me laugh, not feel sorry for you. This is the 21st century and have this tool called the internet. I may sound like an ass hat, but I don't feel sorry for or anyone that get's ripped off by a dealer, specifically when purchasing a car. You need to educate your self prior to leasing/purchase so that when they are trying to rip you off you catch it.

There will always be victims, they just don't know they are, that's how dealers survive.

What's funny is you felt fine when you purchased the car, but then all of a sudden after reviewing your contract you feel bad. A good deal is perception. Don't feel bad. Next time don't go back or if you do, be educated on the matter and steal your next car at lease.

Also, the sales person or has little control over what BMW FS does. You personally need to call them and ask questions why they took your money.
I agree completely with this. I got totally reamed on the first car I ever purchased. Pretty much paid msrp and bought ALL of the crap the Finance guy offered (paint protection, fabric sealant etc.)

At the time I was young and naive and thought I got a pretty good deal. It actually wasn't until MUCH later that I realized how badly I got taken.

Oh well, no one to blame but myself. It's quite silly that a car is probably the 2nd most expensive thing a person will ever purchase and they barely do any research on the topic
      08-11-2015, 06:52 PM   #38
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamspeed View Post
It's quite silly that a car is probably the 2nd most expensive thing a person will ever purchase and they barely do any research on the topic
x1000000
      08-11-2015, 09:22 PM   #39
dragon1761
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i SGM 08; 328i AW 14

Yea I had negative experience with McKenna as well. I asked them to see if they can price match BMW of Ontario and the sale associates laughed at me. They requested I sent them the quote that the other dealership offered me. I sent them the quote and they never replied back. I ended up buying at Rusnak BMW because they were able to match the offer with the color I wanted.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2015, 08:58 PM   #40
CalCarNut
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F36 Jet Black Sport Line

Garage List
If buying (Which is rare it seems) -trueCar buying service and Pacific BMW in Glendale. Can't say if leasing.
      11-11-2015, 06:58 AM   #41
CRtoE92
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Hello everyone

I am writing this to be helpful if anyone is planning to visit McKenna, make sure you do not deal with Kevin Hite

I personally dont have anything against McKenna anymore and I hope this will not affect the general idea of McKenna itself

I was dealing with Kevin Hite to sell my 328i to my friend which was coming to the end of lease within 2 weeks

Before I made trip to See Kevin, I asked him if i will be charged for disposition fee for selling my car to my friend. The reason why I asked was because it was not returning a lease but rather selling it to my friend. I was clearly aware that ill be charged for $350 disposition fee at the end of lease But my case was different

He said I WONT be charged for $350 on the phone

So Me and my friend went to Mckenna to finalize the paperwork to transfer the title and stuff. I once again asked Kevin Hite if i will be charged for $350 disposition fee

He said I WONT be charged because I am selling the car before the lease is due

A long story short, I received a bill from BMWFS For disposition fee, so i immediately called Kevin Hite to clarify

His tone and attitude were completely different from the time when I was there with him to sell my car then he said all lease return is entitled to the fee

So I told him that is why i asked several times whether i will be charged or not because my case was different from just returning the car, i also told him in calm tone if it is reasonable for me to pay this fee after he told me consistent answers of i wont be charged
He remained silent and told me he would get back to me right away after talking to bmwfs

After that day, ive never heard his voice
I sent him several emails for updates left voice message a few times

NEVER EVER HEARD FROM HIM AGAIN
Just a email saying he is still working on it after 4 days or so... Can youguys believe this????
Unfortunately I have never heard of him ever again after he told me he will get back to me

I was soooooo disappointed at his conversed attitude towards customer when the problem arose

The money isnt issue here, i would gladly pay for the fee It is just that feelings of betrayal, getting my calls and emails ignored with something caused by his words

I filed a complain with BMWNA
And i just filed a complain with Better business bureau,state Attorney general, and DMV yesterday with all the proof that I have
It was mainly for his irresponsibility and lies

I strongly believe that he wont be any different when dealing with customers who wants to buy car from him

Save your time and go with other sales person in Mckenna to avoid any possible troubles

I mean why would you even risk something like this when there are other trusthworthy salesman at McKenna

I really hope this thread will help avoid any possible similar experiences like i had with Kevin Hite
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2015, 11:04 AM   #42
kdphan
Captain
Rep
Drives: everything is gone!

some salesman don't think about building a relationship.

quick $$ and run.

short term thinking on his part.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2015, 11:19 AM   #43
Sal@AUTOcouture
Rep
Drives: E93 M3, E36 M3

Quote:
Hello everyone

I am writing this to be helpful if anyone is planning to visit McKenna, make sure you do not deal with Kevin Hite

I personally dont have anything against McKenna anymore and I hope this will not affect the general idea of McKenna itself

I was dealing with Kevin Hite to sell my 328i to my friend which was coming to the end of lease within 2 weeks

Before I made trip to See Kevin, I asked him if i will be charged for disposition fee for selling my car to my friend. The reason why I asked was because it was not returning a lease but rather selling it to my friend. I was clearly aware that ill be charged for $350 disposition fee at the end of lease But my case was different

He said I WONT be charged for $350 on the phone

So Me and my friend went to Mckenna to finalize the paperwork to transfer the title and stuff. I once again asked Kevin Hite if i will be charged for $350 disposition fee

He said I WONT be charged because I am selling the car before the lease is due

A long story short, I received a bill from BMWFS For disposition fee, so i immediately called Kevin Hite to clarify

His tone and attitude were completely different from the time when I was there with him to sell my car then he said all lease return is entitled to the fee

So I told him that is why i asked several times whether i will be charged or not because my case was different from just returning the car, i also told him in calm tone if it is reasonable for me to pay this fee after he told me consistent answers of i wont be charged
He remained silent and told me he would get back to me right away after talking to bmwfs

After that day, ive never heard his voice
I sent him several emails for updates left voice message a few times

NEVER EVER HEARD FROM HIM AGAIN
Just a email saying he is still working on it after 4 days or so... Can youguys believe this????
Unfortunately I have never heard of him ever again after he told me he will get back to me

I was soooooo disappointed at his conversed attitude towards customer when the problem arose

The money isnt issue here, i would gladly pay for the fee It is just that feelings of betrayal, getting my calls and emails ignored with something caused by his words

I filed a complain with BMWNA
And i just filed a complain with Better business bureau,state Attorney general, and DMV yesterday with all the proof that I have
It was mainly for his irresponsibility and lies

I strongly believe that he wont be any different when dealing with customers who wants to buy car from him

Save your time and go with other sales person in Mckenna to avoid any possible troubles

I mean why would you even risk something like this when there are other trusthworthy salesman at McKenna

I really hope this thread will help avoid any possible similar experiences like i had with Kevin Hite
Call BMW FS and explain the situation to them. Maybe they can help.

Good luck
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2015, 11:50 AM   #44
RJVIII
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4

When I was ordering my M4 I spoke with Kevin. immediately went to a different dealer.
Appreciate 0