F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / TSBs and Service Bulletin > Oil change intervals, can this be realistic?
Studio RSR

03-15-2013, 10:49 PM   #45
tdizzle
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by n55x3 View Post
I've always changed our N55 equipped vehicles at 7,500 and let the dealer do it at the 15k mark. Waste of money? Maybe. But I enjoy the quality time I get to spend with the vehicle and it's not really that much when I do the change myself. I enjoy it actually.

We are about to have our first N55 equipped vehicle, an X3, go past 40k miles. Thus I'll be doing the oil changes on my own dime from here on out. Anyone know what a dealer would charge just to reset the oil life parameter? I can see them wanting something crazy. Wish there was a way to manually do the reset myself.
Hmm, I'd think there has to be a way...
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2013, 05:52 PM   #46
kevinp
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 335 f30, 2010 escalade

I am friends with one of the shop foreman here at one of the bmw's here in edmonton. (20 years of experience) With that being said, his words exactly " The engine oil that is used can definitely handle the 15k interval change. But the filter can't. When we service some vehicles the Oil filter is completely destroyed crumple or enough oil already leaking, obviously this is not told to the costumer. So if you really want to take care of your vehicle and make sure is top shape. Do it every 7500km, whats an extra $100 for your peace of mind later on and on a 60k vehicle. Also will help your resale value later on if you do decide to do it as it will be documented."
Im planning to do it every 5000km since i am anal about maintenance. If you don't want to to take it to the dealership than buy the stuff and do it yourself. Only reason to take it to dealership is that it is recorded into the system and youll have it as records for resale later and it just looks nice to have them from the dealership. Where as if you were to do it yourself, you'd have receipts. So is just preference and diff price range.
BMW M perf. gloss black kidney grills, BMW M perf. Carbon f mirror caps, Superbright led front turn signal white plasma projector, Weather tech digital mats front back and trunk, BMW rear entertainment system, 7000k white 18 smd led foot area,M perf. carbon f shift knob, Front lip carbon f, HID fog lights 6000k h8, front and back reflectors to match ,Pair of carbon f side grills, License plate carbon f. cover and error free smd lighting.
Appreciate 0