F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / TSBs and Service Bulletin > Clutch pedal vibration
ARMA SPEED

03-08-2021, 12:45 AM   #1
DONofCON
Rep
Drives: f32

Clutch pedal vibration

Hello, I recently bought a 2014 435i with about 48k on the clock. Have had the car for close to two months and in that time I have changed most of the fluids.

I have done the oil, mtf, and diff fluid as well as bled all of the brakes and clutch.

Just after the mtf/diff/oil change and before the clutch bleed, I noticed a strange sensation in the clutch pedal. It feels as though the pedal is vibrating? Almost a gritty feeling when pushing in and releasing the clutch. I figured a brake fluid flush would help with the sensation, didn't do much.

I filled the transmission with BMW spec lt5 fluid, I used about 1.3l roughly maybe a bit less. This seems like too much of a coincidence to not be related to the fluid change. Any suggestions? I would hate to think that the clutch and throw out bearing are showing their age with the cars mileage.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2021, 01:44 AM   #2
DONofCON
Rep
Drives: f32

Bump, I changed the brake and clutch fluid about a month ago. Still the same issue.

I have two ideas:

The slave cylinder is bad

Throwout bearing is done, and is more noticeable due to less friction from the oil change. I can hear a slight chatter, very slight chatter when in the garage and when the car is warm.

Any ideas? This one eludes me. Ive search everywhere.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2022, 04:04 PM   #3
hotpxl
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Audi S4

Any update from OP? Having similar issue here
Appreciate 0