F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Coding cable and ESYS, psdzdata
European Auto Source (EAS)
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-13-2015, 10:47 AM   #309
shawnsheridan
General
shawnsheridan's Avatar
United_States
3904
Rep
21,026
Posts

Drives: 2016 650i GC M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
1) If you read SVT, it assumes you physically have the ECU's stored in your SVT in VCM.

2) Mixed Red / Blue is because it had no CAFD and when you injected one it became a Target (Red). After VO Coding, reread SVT, and it won't be Mixed Red / Blue anymore.
__________________

2016 650i GC M-Sport w/ 20" 373M Wheels; Alpine White; Individual Opal White Full Merino Leather; Gray Poplar Wood Trim
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner; Ceramic Controls; Executive Package w/ B&O Sound System; Integral Active Steering, etc.
Appreciate 1
      04-13-2015, 12:44 PM   #310
squidlyboy
Major
squidlyboy's Avatar
United_States
521
Rep
1,034
Posts

Drives: 2014 Alpine White 328i M-Sport
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Chandler, Arizona

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
1) If you read SVT, it assumes you physically have the ECU's stored in your SVT in VCM.
But it still has to go out and physically probe the actual ECU to determine that its a different REM than my original REM right? when does that happen?
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2015, 12:49 PM   #311
shawnsheridan
General
shawnsheridan's Avatar
United_States
3904
Rep
21,026
Posts

Drives: 2016 650i GC M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidlyboy View Post
But it still has to go out and physically probe the actual ECU to determine that its a different REM than my original REM right? when does that happen?
Why does it have to do that? It simply makes an assumption you have same one.
__________________

2016 650i GC M-Sport w/ 20" 373M Wheels; Alpine White; Individual Opal White Full Merino Leather; Gray Poplar Wood Trim
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner; Ceramic Controls; Executive Package w/ B&O Sound System; Integral Active Steering, etc.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2015, 04:54 PM   #312
squidlyboy
Major
squidlyboy's Avatar
United_States
521
Rep
1,034
Posts

Drives: 2014 Alpine White 328i M-Sport
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Chandler, Arizona

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
Why does it have to do that? It simply makes an assumption you have same one.
Because the 'Trunk Open' error went away after coding.

If it doesn't detect there's new hardware, and if the CAFD file is the exact same as for my original REM (so the coding is the same), then why did the error go away? Or put another way, why did the trunk error even come up in the first place after swapping out the REM? Shouldn't the coding for the original REM work for the new REM as well?

Btw... i had done no coding to the original REM prior to the swap. It was still at the factory default settings.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2015, 05:08 PM   #313
shawnsheridan
General
shawnsheridan's Avatar
United_States
3904
Rep
21,026
Posts

Drives: 2016 650i GC M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidlyboy View Post
Because the 'Trunk Open' error went away after coding.

If it doesn't detect there's new hardware, and if the CAFD file is the exact same as for my original REM (so the coding is the same), then why did the error go away? Or put another way, why did the trunk error even come up in the first place after swapping out the REM? Shouldn't the coding for the original REM work for the new REM as well?

Btw... i had done no coding to the original REM prior to the swap. It was still at the factory default settings.
There is no way of knowing what Coding REM left the factory with. It needs to be properly coded for your specific FA. Until then, an error would not surprise me.
__________________

2016 650i GC M-Sport w/ 20" 373M Wheels; Alpine White; Individual Opal White Full Merino Leather; Gray Poplar Wood Trim
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner; Ceramic Controls; Executive Package w/ B&O Sound System; Integral Active Steering, etc.
Appreciate 1
      04-13-2015, 07:33 PM   #314
lance666
Private
8
Rep
76
Posts

Drives: 320i
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SG

iTrader: (0)

hi shawn, i need the latest software too. bmw latest software update done still able to code?
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2015, 09:17 PM   #315
shawnsheridan
General
shawnsheridan's Avatar
United_States
3904
Rep
21,026
Posts

Drives: 2016 650i GC M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by lance666 View Post
hi shawn, i need the latest software too. bmw latest software update done still able to code?
PM sent.
__________________

2016 650i GC M-Sport w/ 20" 373M Wheels; Alpine White; Individual Opal White Full Merino Leather; Gray Poplar Wood Trim
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner; Ceramic Controls; Executive Package w/ B&O Sound System; Integral Active Steering, etc.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2015, 12:39 PM   #316
raqautle
Private First Class
raqautle's Avatar
80
Rep
183
Posts

Drives: '17 340i X-Drive M Sport EBII
Join Date: May 2014
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Hey Shawn,
I have a 2014 f32 435xi, build jan/2014 if it matters, I'm new to coding, do I need anything besides the cable, e-sys(I'm guessing 3.26.1), and PSdZData
Also, could u send me the files?
Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2015, 05:21 PM   #317
damjank
Registered
0
Rep
1
Posts

Drives: BMW 5, F10
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Slovenia

iTrader: (0)

Programming and coding used ACC (FRR) unit

Hi,

Can you please help me with flashing used (from eBay) ACC (FRR) unit? After installed in the car it reports "interface error" (invalid signal).

I would like to flash it with E-Sys.

I clicked "HW-IDs from SVTactual" after SVT calculation because I donít know the existing I-Step.

I get this error while flashing:

[FRR - 21] - [Exception - FRR - 21] job failed with negative response error:
code: repeat job
description: Service RD returned a negative response with response code requestOutOfRange; ECU: FRR_21_ETHERNET
severity: ERROR

What can I do?
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2015, 06:17 PM   #318
shawnsheridan
General
shawnsheridan's Avatar
United_States
3904
Rep
21,026
Posts

Drives: 2016 650i GC M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by raqautle View Post
Hey Shawn,
I have a 2014 f32 435xi, build jan/2014 if it matters, I'm new to coding, do I need anything besides the cable, e-sys(I'm guessing 3.26.1), and PSdZData
Also, could u send me the files?
Thanks in advance
PM sent.
__________________

2016 650i GC M-Sport w/ 20" 373M Wheels; Alpine White; Individual Opal White Full Merino Leather; Gray Poplar Wood Trim
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner; Ceramic Controls; Executive Package w/ B&O Sound System; Integral Active Steering, etc.
Appreciate 1
      04-15-2015, 02:53 PM   #319
s2k750
Second Lieutenant
108
Rep
264
Posts

Drives: 2015 M3
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: SWFL

iTrader: (0)

Hey guys, I tried coding FEM_BODY and have this error. I'm using v55.1 which was sent over by shawnsheridan (thanks again!)


Everything else is working properly so I don't believe I made any mistakes.


Appreciate 0
      04-15-2015, 03:06 PM   #320
shawnsheridan
General
shawnsheridan's Avatar
United_States
3904
Rep
21,026
Posts

Drives: 2016 650i GC M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by s2k750 View Post
Hey guys, I tried coding FEM_BODY and have this error. I'm using v55.1 which was sent over by shawnsheridan (thanks again!)


Everything else is working properly so I don't believe I made any mistakes.

...
You corrupted your FEM_BODY CAFD (cafd_ffffffff-255_255_255), likely due to power loss during coding.

You must now Inject new CAFD into ECU and VO COde it.
__________________

2016 650i GC M-Sport w/ 20" 373M Wheels; Alpine White; Individual Opal White Full Merino Leather; Gray Poplar Wood Trim
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner; Ceramic Controls; Executive Package w/ B&O Sound System; Integral Active Steering, etc.
Appreciate 2
      04-15-2015, 06:54 PM   #321
s2k750
Second Lieutenant
108
Rep
264
Posts

Drives: 2015 M3
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: SWFL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
You corrupted your FEM_BODY CAFD (cafd_ffffffff-255_255_255), likely due to power loss during coding.

You must now Inject new CAFD into ECU and VO COde it.
I did have a random disconnect while i was making adjustments to NBT. I was able to reconnect and everything was fine, or so i thought.


How do I go about fixing this? Is the problem with my laptop or the car? Everything seems to be functioning fine with the car thank god. No cels or funny business.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2015, 06:56 PM   #322
shawnsheridan
General
shawnsheridan's Avatar
United_States
3904
Rep
21,026
Posts

Drives: 2016 650i GC M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by s2k750 View Post
I did have a random disconnect while i was making adjustments to NBT. I was able to reconnect and everything was fine, or so i thought.

How do I go about fixing this? Is the problem with my laptop or the car? Everything seems to be functioning fine with the car thank god. No cels or funny business.
This would have occurred when "making adjustments" to FEM_BODY, not NBT. It happens by either Power Loss / Interruption or mistakenly pressing Code Default Values, which should never be done.

Connect => Read FA (VO) => Activate FA (VO) => Read SVT (VCM) => Left-Click on FEM_BODY => Click on "Detect CAF for SWE" => Select the CAFD from latest I-Level Shown => Select OK => Right-Click on ECU (the ECU itself not the underlying CAFD) => Select CODE.
__________________

2016 650i GC M-Sport w/ 20" 373M Wheels; Alpine White; Individual Opal White Full Merino Leather; Gray Poplar Wood Trim
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner; Ceramic Controls; Executive Package w/ B&O Sound System; Integral Active Steering, etc.
Appreciate 1
      04-15-2015, 07:00 PM   #323
s2k750
Second Lieutenant
108
Rep
264
Posts

Drives: 2015 M3
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: SWFL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
This would have occurred when "making adjustments" to FEM_BODY, not NBT. It happens by either Power Loss / Interruption or mistakenly pressing Code Default Values, which should never be done.

Connect => Read FA (VO) => Activate FA (VO) => Read SVT (VCM) => Left-Click on FEM_BODY => Click on "Detect CAF for SWE" => Select the CAFD from latest I-Level Shown => Select OK => Right-Click on ECU (the ECU itself not the underlying CAFD) => Select CODE.
I will be more careful in the future. Thank you so much.


Out of curiosity, what's your day job?
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2015, 07:09 PM   #324
shawnsheridan
General
shawnsheridan's Avatar
United_States
3904
Rep
21,026
Posts

Drives: 2016 650i GC M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by s2k750 View Post
I will be more careful in the future. Thank you so much.

Out of curiosity, what's your day job?
An Engineer in Oil & Gas.
__________________

2016 650i GC M-Sport w/ 20" 373M Wheels; Alpine White; Individual Opal White Full Merino Leather; Gray Poplar Wood Trim
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner; Ceramic Controls; Executive Package w/ B&O Sound System; Integral Active Steering, etc.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2015, 10:28 PM   #325
s2k750
Second Lieutenant
108
Rep
264
Posts

Drives: 2015 M3
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: SWFL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
An Engineer in Oil & Gas.



FEM_BODY is back in working order. Thanks again
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2015, 10:44 PM   #326
shawnsheridan
General
shawnsheridan's Avatar
United_States
3904
Rep
21,026
Posts

Drives: 2016 650i GC M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by s2k750 View Post


FEM_BODY is back in working order. Thanks again
__________________

2016 650i GC M-Sport w/ 20" 373M Wheels; Alpine White; Individual Opal White Full Merino Leather; Gray Poplar Wood Trim
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner; Ceramic Controls; Executive Package w/ B&O Sound System; Integral Active Steering, etc.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2015, 10:47 PM   #327
squidlyboy
Major
squidlyboy's Avatar
United_States
521
Rep
1,034
Posts

Drives: 2014 Alpine White 328i M-Sport
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Chandler, Arizona

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
An Engineer in Oil & Gas.
You don't work for Conoco do you?
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2015, 10:50 PM   #328
shawnsheridan
General
shawnsheridan's Avatar
United_States
3904
Rep
21,026
Posts

Drives: 2016 650i GC M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidlyboy View Post
You don't work for Conoco do you?
No. I'm involved in Rig Equipment manufacturing.
__________________

2016 650i GC M-Sport w/ 20" 373M Wheels; Alpine White; Individual Opal White Full Merino Leather; Gray Poplar Wood Trim
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner; Ceramic Controls; Executive Package w/ B&O Sound System; Integral Active Steering, etc.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2015, 03:16 PM   #329
f30GTR
First Lieutenant
f30GTR's Avatar
48
Rep
338
Posts

Drives: 2014 AW F30 335i M-Sport MT
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (1)

Hey Shawn, can i get the link to the latest psdzdata?

Thank you sir.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2015, 03:25 PM   #330
shawnsheridan
General
shawnsheridan's Avatar
United_States
3904
Rep
21,026
Posts

Drives: 2016 650i GC M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by f30GTR View Post
Hey Shawn, can i get the link to the latest psdzdata?

Thank you sir.
PM sent.
__________________

2016 650i GC M-Sport w/ 20" 373M Wheels; Alpine White; Individual Opal White Full Merino Leather; Gray Poplar Wood Trim
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner; Ceramic Controls; Executive Package w/ B&O Sound System; Integral Active Steering, etc.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:43 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST