F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > 2012 F30 335i Radio Cuts Out "No Warning Tones"
ARMA SPEED

04-07-2015, 05:03 AM   #1
wumpscut223
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i Sport

2012 F30 335i Radio Cuts Out "No Warning Tones"

The audio/amplifier portion of my stock system started acting up about two weeks ago. There wasn't any accident, major event, leak etc that happened that I can correlate this with.

It used to only happen when the engine would restart with ASS.

Now the amplifier seems to reboot randomly at all times. Sometime it is stuck booting and there will be no audio for a long time (10 min +).

When the amp/radio reboots the large display screen never goes blank. There is a high pitched click from the speakers. Then the display shows "Attention! No Warning Tones". Then the reboot time is sometimes short, sometimes long.

When there is no audio, the clock is not advancing on the large display screen but the clock does advance on the KOMBI display.

When there is no audio, the USB stick is unpowered and I can't browse the directory. It just says "Reading".

When there is no audio, I CAN switch radio stations, look at all of the car stats, etc, but I can't hear anything.

When there is no audio, while looking at the amp, the orange light inside is blinking, but the red optical light is not illuminated. The audio returns when the red light becomes solid in the amp.

I took this to the dealer because it is still under warranty and it looks like the previous owner had a spill of soda or something in this area. I've been driving it since October. I have not had this issue until 2 weeks ago. I didn't spill anything. The dealer said they won't cover this under warranty because of the "spill".

Does anyone have a troubleshooting flow chart for this? Do I just need to buy a new amp?
Appreciate 0