F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > Anyone ever use the KC design chassis bars they offer?
proTUNING Freaks

04-28-2021, 10:40 AM   #1
AllaVodka
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW B58

Anyone ever use the KC design chassis bars they offer?

https://www.tw-kcdesign.com/products/2_52_151/1

They have quite a few diff options that can co exist together, yet all I ever see mentioned is the front strut bar. What about the rest of these? Thinking about buying a few, but wanted to see if anyone has any experience with any of them.

Thx
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2021, 01:59 PM   #2
johnung
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i x-Drive Auto

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllaVodka View Post

They have quite a few diff options that can co exist together, yet all I ever see mentioned is the front strut bar. What about the rest of these? Thinking about buying a few, but wanted to see if anyone has any experience with any of them.

Thx
Why are you interested in them?
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2021, 02:04 PM   #3
AllaVodka
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnung View Post
Quote:

Thx
To reduce understeer, body roll, have the car feel more planted

I know sways are the move but im not gonna pay $800 in labor to install... then each time I need to have them adjusted to find the right fit on both the back and front...
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2021, 03:15 PM   #4
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i

There was a thread on this a while back. I think everyone agreed what they call a rear strut bar that just bolts into the trunk isnt going to do anything. There may be some merit to the rear lower 4 point.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2021, 03:34 PM   #5
AllaVodka
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejeremyman9 View Post
There was a thread on this a while back. I think everyone agreed what they call a rear strut bar that just bolts into the trunk isnt going to do anything. There may be some merit to the rear lower 4 point.
Yeah pass on the rear strut... the 4 point looks good too, unfort I got an autotecknic frame brace a while back

Was more interested in the front & rear lower braces, and the front member bar.

Any thoughts on those? Cant find shit abt em
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2021, 03:37 PM   #6
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i

I dont see how the front member bar is going to do anything for performance.... Its like reinforcing the front incase you crash, lol. No opinion on the others as it would just be speculation.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2021, 03:42 PM   #7
AllaVodka
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejeremyman9 View Post
I dont see how the front member bar is going to do anything for performance.... Its like reinforcing the front incase you crash, lol. No opinion on the others as it would just be speculation.
Lol yeah I feel you. I'm also skeptical on what they could improve, and not being able to find any anecdotes online has been weird as well. Oh well
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2021, 05:50 PM   #8
johnung
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thx

I know sways are the move but im not gonna pay $800 in labor to install... then each time I need to have them adjusted to find the right fit on both the back and front...
Sway bars are the way to go. Their only job is literally to control body roll. They make a huge difference. Avoid hollow bars. They can suddenly snap. I have H&R sway bars on my car.

$800 is a ridiculous labor price. Sounds like what a dealer charges to install Dinan sway bars. Find a BMW mechanic who does work on the side. Probably $300-$500.

I have no idea what you are referring to about adjusting sway bars. That only happens on race cars. If a bar has multiple holes, just use the outside holes on a street car.

Don't think the price on KC bars is the total cost. They don't have free shipping. The added shipping costs from Taiwan are astronomical, up to $260 for two sway bars to the east coast. I heard of a single bar shipped to the west coast for about $125
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2021, 06:00 PM   #9
weehe126
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i

I got the rear strut/trunk bar. I actually noticed a difference. The rear is much more stable in corners and took some of the roll out. I also have subframe inserts and the bar seems to compliment them.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2021, 07:09 PM   #10
AllaVodka
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by weehe126 View Post
I got the rear strut/trunk bar. I actually noticed a difference. The rear is much more stable in corners and took some of the roll out. I also have subframe inserts and the bar seems to compliment them.
Interesting. Curious, did it come with screws and instructions on how much torque?
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2021, 07:10 PM   #11
AllaVodka
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thx

Sway bars are the way to go. Their only job is literally to control body roll. They make a huge difference. Avoid hollow bars. They can suddenly snap. I have H&R sway bars on my car.

$800 is a ridiculous labor price. Sounds like what a dealer charges to install Dinan sway bars. Find a BMW mechanic who does work on the side. Probably $300-$500.

I have no idea what you are referring to about adjusting sway bars. That only happens on race cars. If a bar has multiple holes, just use the outside holes on a street car.

Don't think the price on KC bars is the total cost. They don't have free shipping. The added shipping costs from Taiwan are astronomical, up to $260 for two sway bars to the east coast. I heard of a single bar shipped to the west coast for about $125
Feel u. Im debating sways. Dont both subframes need to be dropped?
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2021, 09:07 PM   #12
johnung
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thx

Feel u. Im debating sways. Dont both subframes need to be dropped?
It's really not that big of a deal. The sway bars are just buried in F3x's, so a lot of stuff has to be methodically removed and then replaced. It takes time but it's really not rocket science.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2021, 10:05 AM   #13
weehe126
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i

Quote:
Interesting. Curious, did it come with screws and instructions on how much torque?
There are already luggage bolts/loops in the trunk that are used for the bar. I just did good and tight torque.
Appreciate 0