F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > PDU Port Injection Install & tuning build. Lots of pics! UPDATE: 582.49whp/596.66wtq
proTUNING Freaks

01-17-2016, 05:27 PM   #23
Stubok
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Melbourne Red F30 328i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by obriennathaniel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmw doubles View Post
You the man, 100% e85! How are using the JB4 on top of the flash tune? What are the benefits there?
The flash adjusts the timing, afr's and other things the JB4 can't adjust. In turn it makes the jb4 more effective/efficient. That's how I was able to hit 560whp on 93 pump and meth with the PS2.
That's pretty great on its own. What meth kit were you running and was it straight meth or did you have water content?

I spoke to GSR about doing this. They do apparently have a flash for using JB4 over the top.

Have you had your internals upgraded with Forged parts?
Appreciate 1
      01-17-2016, 09:28 PM   #24
obriennathaniel
@obriennathaniel_f30 on Instagram
United_States
Rep
Drives: 582whp/596wtq '13 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubok View Post
That's pretty great on its own. What meth kit were you running and was it straight meth or did you have water content?

I spoke to GSR about doing this. They do apparently have a flash for using JB4 over the top.

BMS meth kit, 100% meth no water.

And that's good, it's basically a back end flash, it helps tremendously. I know ESS has one too.

And nope! All stock internals, I haven't seen any forged internal options for the n55 yet.

CG Precision VS-1 Exhaust\DR-1 DownPipe | PS2 Turbo\Inlet | PDU PI w/Fuel-it platinum kit & E sensor | GFB DV+ Diverter Valve | BM3 w/AIC2-V|Tune CaryTheLabelGuy | Full E85 | ATM FMIC | ER Chargepipe Inlet/Outlet | AFE Intake | BC Coilovers | PSS 255/40-275/35 Velos Designwerks S3 two piece 19x9/19x10 | Osram Xenarc | LED retro | AWRON digital AC gauge|
Appreciate 2
      01-18-2016, 04:19 PM   #25
_bdiddyb_
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i

obriennathaniel, you are running BOTH custom JB4 "AND" custom DME flash?
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2016, 11:17 PM   #26
FSociety
IG @bmwF9xG80
Rep
Drives: G80 M3, X4M, G07 X7m50

Garage List
2023 BMW G80 M3  [0.00]
2020 BMW X4MC  [0.00]
16' BMW X4 M40i  [10.00]
06 Cadillac STS  [0.00]
Quote:
You the man, 100% e85! How are using the JB4 on top of the flash tune? What are the benefits there?
Quote:
Originally Posted by obriennathaniel View Post
The flash adjusts the timing, afr's and other things the JB4 can't adjust. In turn it makes the jb4 more effective/efficient. That's how I was able to hit 560whp on 93 pump and meth with the PS2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sly1types View Post
Did you ever try the Fuel it throttle body injection? I know know you are doing port...

What do you think of the doing a fuel-it stg2 LPFP and their throttle body injection kit? How much ethanol and power do you think it would make?

I was thinking about doing that here shortly then upgrade to the Pure Stg2

Also do you have your new port injection kit on yet?
Quote:
Be careful with that, mine was dyno'ed about 30 times while the tune was developed, it was intended to work with the jb4. (I would try if I were you though lol)

Nope, it doesn't support enough HP so it wasn't ever an option for me, even the PS2 is just temporary until a stage 3 comes out.

Stg2 LPFP and TBI will allow you to run higher E mixes, with more available HP than just meth but it has its limits. If I wasn't going past the PS2, then the TBI would be an almost perfect option although it does leave some HP on the table compared to PI. But currently the PI is only $1550, so it's pretty much worth it even for just the PS2 and for 100% E85 purposes and the extra power. When it gets back to the normal price of $2100 is when it's not so beneficial budget wise if you don't plan on pushing the car hard and going past the PS2. (Although I would still get it regardless for the E85 purposes. It'll pay for itself compared to paying for 93 supreme)

And nope, it's still half way done. I work 12 hr shifts, and I worked the past 5 nights and I'm working tonight. I'm off mon and tues so that's when I plan on finishing her up.

Need to sticky this lol

IG: @bmwF9XG80

Appreciate 0
      01-19-2016, 10:57 AM   #27
Bmw doubles
Dream crusher
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast

Garage List
2011 535  [0.00]
@obriennathaniel
560whp! You gotta record yourself at the strip. It must be a bullet!
(Chanting) YouTube, youtube, YouTube...
535i MIssion Performance, PS2, Helix HPFP Kit, Wagner FMIC, Spec 3 clutch, Steel SMF, Wolf Racing CP, UUC SSK, GFB dv, SprintBooster, Custom Dynomax Exhaust, M5 Sways, Eibach OE Springs, Koni Sports Adjustable, Custom Short Ram CAI

IG: @bmwdoubles
Appreciate 3
      01-20-2016, 09:59 AM   #28
obriennathaniel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by _bdiddyb_ View Post
obriennathaniel, you are running BOTH custom JB4 "AND" custom DME flash?
If you mean a custom map 6 on my jb4, yes, and a DME flash, together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBNYC View Post
Need to sticky this lol
Lol you think so?

Quote:
@obriennathaniel
560whp! You gotta record yourself at the strip. It must be a bullet!
(Chanting) YouTube, youtube, YouTube...
I'll get some vids once I get all this finally put together. Some things came up over the past few days, but I should have it all done by sun or mon next week.

CG Precision VS-1 Exhaust\DR-1 DownPipe | PS2 Turbo\Inlet | PDU PI w/Fuel-it platinum kit & E sensor | GFB DV+ Diverter Valve | BM3 w/AIC2-V|Tune CaryTheLabelGuy | Full E85 | ATM FMIC | ER Chargepipe Inlet/Outlet | AFE Intake | BC Coilovers | PSS 255/40-275/35 Velos Designwerks S3 two piece 19x9/19x10 | Osram Xenarc | LED retro | AWRON digital AC gauge|
Appreciate 4
      02-01-2016, 12:20 PM   #29
Stubok
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Melbourne Red F30 328i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by obriennathaniel
Quote:

BMS meth kit, 100% meth no water.

And that's good, it's basically a back end flash, it helps tremendously. I know ESS has one too.

And nope! All stock internals, I haven't seen any forged internal options for the n55 yet.
How's this beast coming on?

Btw, pretty sure Alex at ABR Houston can build a N55 with Forged internals.

I'm looking into that for my N20. So I can handle the added boost and torque gained by running a stage 2 turbo upgrade.

Thanks to the info you shared I have started adding other items to the parts list... Fuelit's LPFP for starters. I've actually heard now from a few people who pushed the envelope on this series of Bimmer engines (both N55 & 20) that the LPFP is a ticking time bomb, and really struggles to support any higher demand.

Going to wait and see how much over the top fueling I'll need once the engine is rebuilt and stage 2 turbo is installed. I know PDU have made a prototype PI for the N20, but right now they won't sell me one. Oh and Fuelit will sell me the LPFP, but there is no TB injector piece just yet. :

I would rather go PI, but if Meth is my only option I guess it's the way I'll have to go.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2016, 05:25 PM   #30
obriennathaniel
United_States
Rep

UPDATE 01/09/16:

Removed my meth system since its no longer needed, installed my Fuel-It platinum fuel line kit with E sensor and analyzer, got everything buttoned up and dropped her off to EuroCharged last week, she's funning full E85.

heres a sneak peak of the power shes producing with just the JB4 and PI (no jb4 integration just yet) and the stock DME tune

Now theyre going to work on the BEF to adjust timing and AFR's, along with some other options like cold start delete.

Appreciate 3
      02-09-2016, 05:32 PM   #31
obriennathaniel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
How's this beast coming on?

Btw, pretty sure Alex at ABR Houston can build a N55 with Forged internals.

I'm looking into that for my N20. So I can handle the added boost and torque gained by running a stage 2 turbo upgrade.

Thanks to the info you shared I have started adding other items to the parts list... Fuelit's LPFP for starters. I've actually heard now from a few people who pushed the envelope on this series of Bimmer engines (both N55 & 20) that the LPFP is a ticking time bomb, and really struggles to support any higher demand.

Going to wait and see how much over the top fueling I'll need once the engine is rebuilt and stage 2 turbo is installed. I know PDU have made a prototype PI for the N20, but right now they won't sell me one. Oh and Fuelit will sell me the LPFP, but there is no TB injector piece just yet. :

I would rather go PI, but if Meth is my only option I guess it's the way I'll have to go.
Just now saw this post, idk how I missed it But yea Alex knows his shit! if it ever gets to the point that I need that done I will def hit him up.

I never had any issues with my LPFP, I replaced it as soon as there was a Stg 2 available though lol. I know it was a big deal on the E series, and that I knew I was going to need an upgraded one anyways so I just got it.

I wouldnt mess with meth unless you absolutely have to and dont want to wait. I obviously didnt wait but I had the meth system well before there was even rumor that someone was making a PI system for the N55. Daniel with PDU is an AWESOME guy to work with, that guy will jump through flaming hoops to make sure you're satisfied with his product and service. It will be worth the wait!

I almost went TBI but I held off for PI because I knew TBI would only be a stop gap for me and didnt want to waste any time or money.

Appreciate 2
      02-09-2016, 08:01 PM   #32
Zel335
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 335I Sport

Damn some nice numbers, keep pushing.
Appreciate 1
      02-09-2016, 09:03 PM   #33
PDU
Private
Rep
Drives: M235i

Thanks for the kind words Nate, it's easy when you have great customers!

Can't wait to see the final results!
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2016, 09:14 PM   #34
Sleeper
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '23 BSM X5///MC

Time for some giant brakes. That thing must be a rocket.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2016, 09:30 PM   #35
obriennathaniel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zel335 View Post
Damn some nice numbers, keep pushing.
dont tempt me

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDU View Post
Thanks for the kind words Nate, it's easy when you have great customers!

Can't wait to see the final results!
You deserve all the recognition bro! couldnt have done it without you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
Time for some giant brakes. That thing must be a rocket.
Lol it is...and brakes have always been in the back of mind. Theyre just so damn expensive, and I dont think the M performance brakes are much of an upgrade over what I have. I need a sponsor

I'll be ordering some S3's here in the next day or so from jordy@velosdesignwerks.com and Im going to need some nice shiny brakes and rotors to show off.

why isnt the @ feature working?

Last edited by obriennathaniel; 02-09-2016 at 09:39 PM..
Appreciate 1
      02-09-2016, 10:13 PM   #36
sly1types
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80M3 and E46M3

Are you worried about the engine letting go? Or the head gasket? At what level are those concerns?
F85 X5M
https://www.instagram.com/fastmacm3/
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2016, 01:44 AM   #37
AZNnite
Private
Rep
Drives: FD 335I

Definitely nice numbers! Nate, are you running an auto or manual tranny? If auto, what did you do to safely hold that power?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2016, 06:32 AM   #38
obriennathaniel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sly1types View Post
Are you worried about the engine letting go? Or the head gasket? At what level are those concerns?
It's always in the back of my mind but Idc. It's gonna happen to somebody eventually. With good tuning I don't think we'll see that until the 700 range at the earliest. This isn't 1990 where cast parts were worthless, they can take more abuse than people give them credit for, especially considering most failures come from bad tuning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZNnite View Post
Definitely nice numbers! Nate, are you running an auto or manual tranny? If auto, what did you do to safely hold that power?

Thanks!
Auto tranny, and absolutely nothing lol it's completely stock. Level 10 offers an upgrade for it but I haven't had a single issue yet so I haven't pulled the trigger on it.

Appreciate 0
      02-10-2016, 12:50 PM   #39
Sleeper
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '23 BSM X5///MC

Quote:
Lol it is...and brakes have always been in the back of mind. Theyre just so damn expensive, and I dont think the M performance brakes are much of an upgrade over what I have. I need a sponsor

I'll be ordering some S3's here in the next day or so from jordy@velosdesignwerks.com and Im going to need some nice shiny brakes and rotors to show off.

why isnt the @ feature working?
I'd be buying brakes before new wheels, personally.

I ran a 580WHP STI in Time Attack and used Stoptech 6-pots and race pads. No issues ever with fade during long sessions, (or stopping distance, especially with sticky race rubber) so you don't need to break the bank for a new BBK.

If you go balls out with a Brembo or AP Racing kit, then yeah, it'll get pricey. The 370mm M-Sport kit is good, but I personally think you need more stopping power with 580 WHP. Maybe the OEM brake setup on the F80/82 would do the trick... not sure what those guys are doing for big HP setups.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2016, 12:58 PM   #40
Daleb
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2

That's a great result for jb4 only. Hopefully with the BEF changes you can get up to that 600whp goal.

Regarding the 550whp to 580whp jb4 only results, did you literally just setup PI on E85 but just keep the same boost targets or did you raise boost slightly to achieve more power? Cheers
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2016, 12:30 AM   #41
obriennathaniel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
I'd be buying brakes before new wheels, personally.

I ran a 580WHP STI in Time Attack and used Stoptech 6-pots and race pads. No issues ever with fade during long sessions, (or stopping distance, especially with sticky race rubber) so you don't need to break the bank for a new BBK.

If you go balls out with a Brembo or AP Racing kit, then yeah, it'll get pricey. The 370mm M-Sport kit is good, but I personally think you need more stopping power with 580 WHP. Maybe the OEM brake setup on the F80/82 would do the trick... not sure what those guys are doing for big HP setups.
Never thought about the OEM F80/82, but im looking into some setups. I dont have a choice lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daleb View Post
That's a great result for jb4 only. Hopefully with the BEF changes you can get up to that 600whp goal.

Regarding the 550whp to 580whp jb4 only results, did you literally just setup PI on E85 but just keep the same boost targets or did you raise boost slightly to achieve more power? Cheers
same boost targets with some slight variation between RPM's, the E85 and simply being able to supply enough helped a lot.

Appreciate 0
      02-11-2016, 10:15 AM   #42
FSociety
IG @bmwF9xG80
Rep
Drives: G80 M3, X4M, G07 X7m50

Garage List
2023 BMW G80 M3  [0.00]
2020 BMW X4MC  [0.00]
16' BMW X4 M40i  [10.00]
06 Cadillac STS  [0.00]
+1 on the Stoptech

Btw, i wonder how fast you would run the 1/4 mile now compared to before?

IG: @bmwF9XG80

Appreciate 0
      02-11-2016, 10:27 AM   #43
obriennathaniel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBNYC View Post
+1 on the Stoptech

Btw, i wonder how fast you would run the 1/4 mile now compared to before?
The stop techs are all on sale too lol big time. And with the new tires and rims, easily into the mid-low 11's. Before the PI and around 480hp or so, because of really bad traction I could only do 12.2 BUT with a 120mph trap. I've seen cars hit 11.5 with a 120mp trap.

Appreciate 1
      02-12-2016, 07:33 AM   #44
Cory S
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i-X

Should be trapping far more than 120 with over 580+ crank HP....
Appreciate 1