F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Updating idrive history with HU-ServiceManager
ARMA SPEED

04-20-2020, 12:19 PM   #89
Sasquartch
Major
Rep
Drives: 520i G30

What exactly happens ?

Does the GUI come up ?

Are any messages displayed in the left hand window when you try and connect ?

Where are you EDIABAS files ?

Is the PATH set correctly ??

A bit more information rather than just saying it doesn't work :-)
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2020, 12:26 PM   #90
cossie1
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquartch View Post
What exactly happens ?

Does the GUI come up ?

Are any messages displayed in the left hand window when you try and connect ?

Where are you EDIABAS files ?

Is the PATH set correctly ??

A bit more information rather than just saying it doesn't work :-)
Yes GUI comes up.

EDIABAS is c:\ediabas

Path is correct.

.prg files are in c:\ediabas\ecu

Error is error: 28: IFH-0018: INITIALIZATION ERROR

I also have an older ediabas folder (for an old inpa version) if I try to use that though, then I get 102:SYS-0012: IDENTIFICATION ERROR

Last edited by cossie1; 04-20-2020 at 12:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2020, 12:22 PM   #91
cossie1
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 M4

All sorted, got there in the end.

The Ediabas.ini wasn't the problem.

I ended up copying the files from the ecu folder from my ISTA install into the ediabas/ecu and then it worked.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2020, 11:21 AM   #92
Sahmad
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30

Hi guys,

I need some help please. My Hu Service Manager been working fine and i have used it on two cars in the past. Today I tried to use it and it gives me the error code ‘ 28: IFH-0018 INITIALIZATION ERROR’.

I’ve not changed no settings since last time i’ve used it. Ista-d works fine and connects to the car through ethernet cable. I have two ethernet cables and a usb cable. Will not work with any. Is there anything you guys can suggest so i can try please?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2020, 05:16 AM   #93
Saroo
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 335D

Hi did you ever get this sorted or fixed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcraeCCS View Post
Hi guys,
F31 LCI 2016, ENET interface. INPA working good, of course EDIABAS.ini configured properly with ENET interface set. On HU Service Manager I still get the "92: SYS-0002: ECU OBJECT FILE NOT FOUND" error. Seems that some file required to connect to the HU unit misses, or it cannot be found.
IP get settled automatically, 169 apipa range.. and communication doesn't seem to be the issue, as other prg as INPA work fine, launching the EDIABAS with green light, etc.
ECU file path also configured correctly, i found the nbt.prg file inside. (also must mention that ecu path is configured to point to this folder inside ediabas.ini.)
So, does anybody have a clue, or managed to get over this?

Appreciate your help.
Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2020, 03:07 AM   #94
JasmineChapman
Registered
Rep
Drives: Honda Accord

Useful actually

06-17-2020, 02:42 AM   #95
fredde85
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 428i

What more program do you need to get "HU service manager" to work?
EDIABAS ?
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2020, 04:01 AM   #96
Sasquartch
Major
Rep

Yes, you need EDIABAS

You need the HU program, a compatible Java runtime for your platform and EDIABAS
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2020, 12:06 PM   #97
abbas_basil
Registered
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 2015

I was getting the "OBJECT NOT FOUND" error every time I tried to read the data from the head unit. Here is what worked for me.

1. I am using the ENET cable
2. ISTA works perfectly for me without any issues.
3. I am using the 169 IP address on the computer.
4. I made sure that all the ecu files are copied from the Rheingold folder to the EDIABAS ECU folder. (This was the missing step and causing the error).
5. I was able to upload the recent maintenance record. Just that it got added to the very end of the list. If you have OCD then take a snap of the previous records and then enter them once again.
6. If you need to see the updated records, ensure that you click on reset HU and only then can you see the updated records.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2020, 12:08 PM   #98
abbas_basil
Registered
United Arab Emirates
Rep

COPY the ECU files to EDIABAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saroo View Post
Hi did you ever get this sorted or fixed?
You are missing the ECU files. Copy them from Rheingold > ECU to EDIABAS > ECU.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2020, 11:59 PM   #99
fredde85
Private First Class
Rep

Anyone has a download link for "HU service manager" ?
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2020, 08:44 AM   #100
abbas_basil
Registered
United Arab Emirates
Rep

Google It :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredde85 View Post
Google "HU service manager download". You will surely find it in the first few results.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2020, 12:52 PM   #101
oli3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredde85 View Post
https://mega.nz/file/paIF1YoZ#sywO-8...tN53icxu6tBZ_o
Appreciate 1
Shadar6.50
      09-14-2020, 04:36 PM   #102
F10Ray
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 5 SERIES F10 2015

Hi,

I really need some help. For some reason when I've tried Writing a new service to my iDrive, my service history has completely disappeared and I do not know how to get this back.

Can anyone help?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2020, 12:21 PM   #103
gIzzE
Major General
Rep
Drives: F11 + 911 C4

You could take it into BMW, it should upload again when they plug it in.

All guides say you must write down the history before you do it as it will wipe it each time.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2020, 02:04 AM   #104
benchy
Rep
Drives: Bmw F10 535d

Hi Guys, been searching this post on how to install HU service manager. Managed to get it installed and the program running but when I go to connect to my car I get this error message; 37 ifh-027: IFH NOT FOUND. Has anyone had this this before and do they know how to resolve it.

First I got an initialization error but I successfully changed the ediabas.ini file to accept ENET cable but now I get this message and I am at a loss. I have searched through the net and can't seem to find anything that can point me in the right direction.

Could it be an issue with one of my installs of EDIABAS, ESYS or ISTA? All of these work as they should - well as far as I can see.

I'd appreciate the help.

Cheers.

Dave
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2020, 03:04 AM   #105
fredde85
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F10Ray View Post
Hi,

I really need some help. For some reason when I've tried Writing a new service to my iDrive, my service history has completely disappeared and I do not know how to get this back.

Can anyone help?

Thanks
Are you Writing the date right? Like:
20;01;2020;
NOT
20-01-2020-
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2020, 04:39 AM   #106
Sasquartch
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by benchy View Post
Hi Guys, been searching this post on how to install HU service manager. Managed to get it installed and the program running but when I go to connect to my car I get this error message; 37 ifh-027: IFH NOT FOUND. Has anyone had this this before and do they know how to resolve it.

First I got an initialization error but I successfully changed the ediabas.ini file to accept ENET cable but now I get this message and I am at a loss. I have searched through the net and can't seem to find anything that can point me in the right direction.

Could it be an issue with one of my installs of EDIABAS, ESYS or ISTA? All of these work as they should - well as far as I can see.

I'd appreciate the help.

Cheers.

Dave
When you start HU-ServiceManager I'm assuming you're using the batch file ?

This contains the path to your EDIABAS files as well as the Java runtime. I'd double check the paths look OK as a first step

My batch file looks like this :

set JAVA_HOME=%~dp0jre
set PATH=%JAVA_HOME%\bin;%PATH%;C:\EDIABAS\Bin
set HU-ServiceManager=HU-ServiceManager.jar
%JAVA_HOME%\bin\java -jar %HU-ServiceManager%

So this means my EDIABAS must be present in C:\EDIABAS (I have 7.30) and the java runtime is in the JRE folder underneath wherever the batch file runs from. The java is probably OK if you're getting as far as you are.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2020, 12:14 PM   #107
benchy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquartch View Post
When you start HU-ServiceManager I'm assuming you're using the batch file ?

This contains the path to your EDIABAS files as well as the Java runtime. I'd double check the paths look OK as a first step

My batch file looks like this :

set JAVA_HOME=%~dp0jre
set PATH=%JAVA_HOME%\bin;%PATH%;C:\EDIABAS\Bin
set HU-ServiceManager=HU-ServiceManager.jar
%JAVA_HOME%\bin\java -jar %HU-ServiceManager%

So this means my EDIABAS must be present in C:\EDIABAS (I have 7.30) and the java runtime is in the JRE folder underneath wherever the batch file runs from. The java is probably OK if you're getting as far as you are.
Yea, I'm using the batch file as per the instructions.. although yours looks slightly different to mine but that could just be where your files are located. This is how my batch file looks:

rem set JAVA_HOME =% ~ dp0jreset JAVA_HOME =% ~ dp0jre
set JAVA_HOME = c: \ ec-apps \ java \ jre1.8.0_112set JAVA_HOME = c : \ ec - apps \ java \ jre1 . 8.0 _112
set PATH =% JAVA_HOME% \ bin;% PATH%; C: \ EDIABAS \ Bin; C: \ EC-Apps \ EDIABAS \ Binset PATH =% JAVA_HOME % \ b in ;% PATH %; C : \ EDIABAS \ B in ; C : \ EC - Apps \ EDIABAS \ B in
set HU- Service Manager = HU- Service Manager.jarset HU - = HU - . jar
% JAVA_HOME% \ bin \ java -jar% HU- Service Manager%% JAVA_HOME % \ b in \ java - jar % HU - %

That was recommended from the installer I used. I think the java is fine, I just think I'm missing something or have the files in the wrong location as I can't get it to read the HU.

I'm planning to update my Ista + and P and all SP files etc so I will delete all files and start a fresh, just incase I didn't install the standalone files properly.

I cant find much on the net with people that have had the same error I have so am a little in the dark atm.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2020, 03:52 AM   #108
Sasquartch
Major
Rep

Your batch file has a few redundant bits and I can see that your PATH references EDIABAS in both C:\EDIABAS and C:\EC-Apps\EDIABAS

I would make sure you have EDIABAS (I used 7.30) just in one place to avoid any confusion (make sure the PATH specifies just this one location) and make sure the ediabas.ini file has the correct interface (ENET) specified

The PATH will use whichever EDIABAS appears first, this will be where the ediabas.ini will be (in the bin directory) that you need to configure.

If you get stuck let me know, once everything was in the right place it worked fine for me.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2020, 08:33 AM   #109
benchy
Rep

I had another go at this yesterday. I was reading back through this post at some previous issues the other guys were having and tried some of them. All I did was move the location of the HU Service Manager to the root of the C Drive and then copy the ECU folder from Ista to the EDIABAS folder, which added a few files. I also downloaded EDIABAS Konfigurater and updated my INI file through that to ENET. I tried updating the INI file manually previously but this never worked so I'm not sure if that made it work or not.

For some reason, since I did all that I managed to get a successful connection.

I do want to remove all my files at some point and reinstall everything just to tidy up a few directories but fear that I will be back to square one, lol. I have the latest version of ISTA and PSDZ files to update so will get round to it at some point.

I will play around with the batch file tonight and try and tidy it up.

Thanks for your help, Sasquartch.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2020, 08:54 AM   #110
benchy
Rep

One quick question for those of you that have used the program before. Once I input previous dealer history and then add my own, when it comes to the next service, will I have to add all the services again or can I just update with the new service and write it to the HU?
Appreciate 0