F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > CANADA > BMW Connected Drive Canada is down ?
GetBMWParts

11-21-2019, 08:33 AM   #1
minitechnicus
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 328d xdrive , 2019 X3 30i

Angry BMW Connected Drive Canada is down ?

Hello everyone,

I am trying to renew a service via BMW-ConnectedDrive.ca site. It's been few days already since trying, no luck. You can add the service to the shopping cart but, during the checkout process, you cannot move past Step 1 - Your Data. The error message says "The data entered is incomplete or invalid" so moving to Step 2 - Payment Information is not possible. Needless to say, the data is pulled from site database and is accurate

Telephone calls with BMW Assist confirm that there is an issue with payment processing. The answers I got vary from "The site is in Maintenance Mode" (Not true, there is no notification on the site) "The site experiences a problem" (tell me something I don't know"), "We don't have an ETA" (great, very encouraging.. ) or simply "Please try again until it works" (I like this one !) Also, as per BMW Assist suggestion, I sent a message to their e-mail address published on their site. Apart from an automated acknowledgement, is still very quiet on this front

Not sure what IT team is working on this one (3rd-party contractors or BMW staff) but the way they handle this from PR perspective simply sucks
I believe I am in agreement with many on this forum that we should expect better from BMW. At the end of the day, we just want our "digital experience" to be at least at par with the mainstream manufacturers. By the way, have you seen Hyundai remote application lately ?

Cheers !

Last edited by minitechnicus; 11-21-2019 at 09:25 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2019, 11:31 PM   #2
frazervalley
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 328i xdrive

I had a similar problem when renewing my Connected Drive on the website in early October. Tried it several times with the same results. I called the Connected Drive 1 800 number displayed on the website. My renewal was processed over the phone in about two minutes.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2019, 12:20 PM   #3
canadian33
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 440GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by minitechnicus View Post
Hello everyone,

I am trying to renew a service via BMW-ConnectedDrive.ca site. It's been few days already since trying, no luck. You can add the service to the shopping cart but, during the checkout process, you cannot move past Step 1 - Your Data. The error message says "The data entered is incomplete or invalid" so moving to Step 2 - Payment Information is not possible. Needless to say, the data is pulled from site database and is accurate

Telephone calls with BMW Assist confirm that there is an issue with payment processing. The answers I got vary from "The site is in Maintenance Mode" (Not true, there is no notification on the site) "The site experiences a problem" (tell me something I don't know"), "We don't have an ETA" (great, very encouraging.. ) or simply "Please try again until it works" (I like this one !) Also, as per BMW Assist suggestion, I sent a message to their e-mail address published on their site. Apart from an automated acknowledgement, is still very quiet on this front

Not sure what IT team is working on this one (3rd-party contractors or BMW staff) but the way they handle this from PR perspective simply sucks
I believe I am in agreement with many on this forum that we should expect better from BMW. At the end of the day, we just want our "digital experience" to be at least at par with the mainstream manufacturers. By the way, have you seen Hyundai remote application lately ?

Cheers !
Send me the email you use to log into ConnectedDrive via PM. I can verify the information on file.

There was an issue that we identified and a fix was implemented. In fact, the last deployment was completed yesterday.

You may want to see if you are able to renew today. There is a chance, you were in the last group to have the fix implemented.

As many on this forum know, I am responsible for ConnectedDrive in Canada. Although I am not on here on a daily basis, we do try and go above and beyond to support the forums and the members when they have issues.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2019, 05:05 PM   #4
chatoyer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 m40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian33 View Post
As many on this forum know, I am responsible for ConnectedDrive in Canada. Although I am not on here on a daily basis, we do try and go above and beyond to support the forums and the members when they have issues.
And we really, really appreciate it!
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2019, 04:38 PM   #5
minitechnicus
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 328d xdrive , 2019 X3 30i

Hello everyone,

First of all, thanks to canadian33 for offering the help. I talked to the dealership we bought the car from (Maranello BMW) They said they pulled some strings (have a backdoor access to BMW ConnectedDrive support staff?) but the problem was fixed next time when I tried (Nov 21st around 8:00 PM) I can confirm that I experienced the issue for 5 days, Nov 16-21

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2020, 06:38 PM   #6
spoolzer
Canada
Rep
Drives: 17 M340i, 21 40i X5 MSport

I've also been having issues with my connected drive on my 2017 340 (in Québec). I've had connected drive services for the last couple of years, but suddenly whenever I send commands (lock, lights, horn) it constantly fails. I've had to call their support line and create a support ticket. Still haven't heard back.

Any ideas on what the issue is?

canadian33
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2020, 08:23 AM   #7
canadian33
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoolzer View Post
I've also been having issues with my connected drive on my 2017 340 (in Québec). I've had connected drive services for the last couple of years, but suddenly whenever I send commands (lock, lights, horn) it constantly fails. I've had to call their support line and create a support ticket. Still haven't heard back.

Any ideas on what the issue is?

canadian33
I haven't heard of any outages. Send me the last 7 of your VIN and I can verify your account status.

You can try to log out of the app and back in and see if that helps. Other thing is to update BMW Assist in the vehicle which will refresh the services in the vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2020, 04:43 PM   #8
spoolzer
Canada
Rep
Drives: 17 M340i, 21 40i X5 MSport

Yup I logged out/in, deleted and re-installed app and also did update within the iDrive system. Still no dice. Will DM you VIN 👍🏻
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2020, 03:41 PM   #9
WXdrivefun
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: G20 330Xdrive

@ canadian33, Is there any BMW Connected Drive App outages? I can not seem to connect to mine.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2020, 02:15 PM   #10
canadian33
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WXdrivefun View Post
@ canadian33, Is there any BMW Connected Drive App outages? I can not seem to connect to mine.
Can you give a bit more detail on not being able to connect? Can you log in and see your vehicle, are remote services failing, does the vehicle data update?

Thanks
Appreciate 0