F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Middle console USB and BT not working

10-27-2019, 04:42 PM   #1
Tpriest7893
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw 335i f30 N55

Middle console USB and BT not working

A while back my f30 middle console USB stopped working and when I go to put BT on for music and stuff it's just says," please wait" and has the loading circle spinning. I tried to ask bmw and they said they would need to replace the whole middle console and the service advisor tried to tell me from testing my " body weight" on my arm it broke it. They were no help. Has ANYONE experienced this before ?
      10-27-2019, 04:46 PM   #2
thejeremyman9
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i

Did you confirm the USB does not output power at all, or did it just lose connectivity for the iDrive? You can get USB power meters on amazon for cheap.

Never heard about the BT issue, but i vaguely recall seeing somewhere about how to reboot the media system (i think it was on a YT video). That might be worth searching for.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2019, 04:53 PM   #3
TSA8151
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 335i msport

Something in the MOST bus loop probably failed. Which usually means one of the modules have gone bad. When I had amp problems my cars time wouldn't update and the center console charger stopped working.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2019, 04:57 PM   #4
Tpriest7893
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw 335i f30 N55

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejeremyman9 View Post
Did you confirm the USB does not output power at all, or did it just lose connectivity for the iDrive? You can get USB power meters on amazon for cheap.

Never heard about the BT issue, but i vaguely recall seeing somewhere about how to reboot the media system (i think it was on a YT video). That might be worth searching for.
The usb and aux stopped working completely and I rebooted the system many times, checked fuses as well nothing. BMW is just so annoying and not helpful at all.