F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > Happy Men's Day
proTUNING Freaks

11-19-2019, 02:23 AM   #1
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Happy Men's Day

Happy International Mens Day chaps!
Attached Images

11-19-2019, 02:53 AM   #2
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 730d

Yeh for toxicity!
      11-19-2019, 03:14 AM   #3
F30Andy
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: An Entire Fleet

Better get some hookers and blow to celebrate!
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2019, 03:16 AM   #4
JD6
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 840i GC + Mini Electric L3

I have just left the toilet seat up to celebrate!
Appreciate 2
Wills28657.50
JustChris17506.50
      11-19-2019, 03:25 AM   #5
Watsey
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330D sDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30Andy View Post
Better get some hookers and blow to celebrate!
I thought the second was part of the deal ?
Current : F31 330sD, remapped, Ohlins Road & Track, Millway camber plates, Quaife LSD, Stoptech brakes + Pagid RSL1 pads all round, Weichers front strut brace, Eibach front & rear anti-roll bars, Michelin MP4S.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2019, 04:09 AM   #6
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD6 View Post
I have just left the toilet seat up to celebrate!
Brilliant!
      11-19-2019, 04:14 AM   #7
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills2 View Post
Yeh for toxicity!
Lost even me on that one Wills?
      11-19-2019, 04:23 AM   #8
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustChris View Post
Lost even me on that one Wills?
It was a reference to this (tongue in cheek) I guess you haven't seen it or heard about how "toxic" men are it's been quite the thing through 2019

11-19-2019, 04:26 AM   #9
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
It was a reference to this (tongue in cheek) I guess you haven't seen it or heard about how "toxic" men are it's been quite the thing through 2019

Ah I did see that and it re-affirmed that I'm never buying from them again and my son will never be introduced to their products either.

Well done Marketing.
      11-19-2019, 04:28 AM   #10
SuperHamz
Major
Rep
Drives: F31 328i M Sport

Yay men!
      11-19-2019, 04:30 AM   #11
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep

Quite Simply Without us the human race would no longer exist!
      11-19-2019, 02:47 PM   #12
scousefly
Private First Class
England
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 5 Series & G01 X3 M

Garage List
Believe Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustChris View Post
Quite Simply Without us the human race would no longer exist!
They would find a way
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2019, 11:32 AM   #13
frazervalley
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 328i xdrive

I have not seen this Gillette commercial until today. I applaud the company for their effort to address these issues head on. I hope many other companies are inspired to do the same.

It's time to fight back against the mob mentality, the bullying, the gangs and the disgusting way some men treat women. Perhaps a reminder is needed that without women, there would be no men. It is completely illogical for men not to be the staunchest defenders and advocates for women. In sports terms, we are on the same team.

I was raised by loving, nurturing working class parents who worked as a team and who were the team leaders for their children. We were encouraged to be the best human beings that we could be, the best huggers too. Which later in life proved to be a significant asset. One of the most important lessons we were taught was about respect for yourself and for others. Respect in human relationships guides our thoughts and behaviours. If there is no respect, there is no relationship, whether that be family, friends, your spouse or people in the community.

We were taught to choose our associates carefully with this in mind. Easy, simple lessons that have guided me through a lifetime of joy and contentment.
There have been challenges and disappointments of course, but with each there were also lessons. My cup is always at least half full.

I thank both my father and my mother for being the best that they could be.
May they rest in peace.

Last edited by frazervalley; 11-22-2019 at 12:06 PM.. Reason: Clarity
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2019, 02:32 PM   #14
Watsey
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330D sDrive M Sport

I thought the advert was gut-heavingly sanctimonious. The ad had caused massive damage. Do the Gilette brand team still have jobs ?

Anyway, a trimmed beard and a moral compass seems to work just fine.

I preferred the original version of the ad - I don't know why it didn't make the final cut :

Current : F31 330sD, remapped, Ohlins Road & Track, Millway camber plates, Quaife LSD, Stoptech brakes + Pagid RSL1 pads all round, Weichers front strut brace, Eibach front & rear anti-roll bars, Michelin MP4S.
Appreciate 1
JustChris17506.50
      11-22-2019, 05:47 PM   #15
JD6
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 840i GC + Mini Electric L3

Quote:
Originally Posted by frazervalley View Post
I have not seen this Gillette commercial until today. I applaud the company for their effort to address these issues head on. I hope many other companies are inspired to do the same.

It's time to fight back against the mob mentality, the bullying, the gangs and the disgusting way some men treat women. Perhaps a reminder is needed that without women, there would be no men. It is completely illogical for men not to be the staunchest defenders and advocates for women. In sports terms, we are on the same team.
The underlying theme of the advert is sensible enough, but what has that got to do with Gillette? It is simply attempting to flog razors by virtue-signalling.

When you look at previous marketing campaigns by Gillette, it’s pretty clear that they have no corporate concern about demeaning women, which leads to the only reasonable conclusion that they are cynically trying to profit from the ‘me too’ movement.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2019, 08:09 PM   #16
frazervalley
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

You could be right. I am not familiar with Gillette ads and their history in the UK or here for that matter. I am not much of a TV watcher, though I have a weakness for some of your detective series on TV. They are so much better than what is produced here or in the US.

I do believe there is value to society in the messaging of the ad and I would encourage more. There are many young men and young parents here in Canada who would benefit from such messaging. If Gillette chooses to spend their money on positive messaging rather than flashy ads for their product, that is a benefit to all whether they use razors or not. Perhaps Gillette has turned a corner? In any event, those were my thoughts on seeing the ad for the first time and I thought I would share them.
I appreciate your comments.

Last edited by frazervalley; 11-22-2019 at 09:36 PM.. Reason: Added information
Appreciate 1
JD64273.50
      11-23-2019, 02:40 AM   #17
Broncho
Banned
England
Rep
Drives: Chav white Mercedes

That advert brought a lump to the back of my shorts
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2019, 05:35 AM   #18
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:

The advert was terrible, sanctimonious clap trap from a global corporation that holds profit above anything else, an ill judged cynical attempt to jump on a bandwagon and it back fired spectacularly as it deserved to do.

There is good behaviour and there is bad behaviour and it has nothing to do with gender......
      11-24-2019, 01:58 AM   #19
frazervalley
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
The advert was terrible, sanctimonious clap trap from a global corporation that holds profit above anything else, an ill judged cynical attempt to jump on a bandwagon and it back fired spectacularly as it deserved to do.

There is good behaviour and there is bad behaviour and it has nothing to do with gender......

Au contraire, if you examine crime rates as bad behaviour and break them down by gender, you will find the numbers have everything to do with gender. Men commit the vast majority of all crimes and the vast majority of violent crimes.

I do respect your feelings and your opinions regarding the video, but feelings and opinions are not facts. No factual evidence that the video is sanctimonious has been presented.

I strongly doubt that this advertisement would result in a backlash in Canada. I believe the majority of Canadians would consider it a bold step forward, just like many of the pro LGBTQ2 ads and commercials we see regularly in newsprint and TV in Canada. Perhaps this discussion is reflective of the prevailing cultures in our respective countries. I live on the West Coast of Canada which has a more laissez-faire feel, and is the most liberal, progressive part of the country. We have the best weather in Canada, we have a smaller population over a huge swath of land which includes beaches, farmland, ranches, mountains and beautiful river valleys. We have naturally clean air and water. Our electricity is created through large hydro electric dams, so clean cheap energy. We are generally happy friendly people. In the area where I live we grow blueberries, strawberries, hazelnuts, many vegetables in green houses that stretch for about a kilometre. Cows, sheep, chickens are all raised locally.

I know there are more conservative parts of Canada that struggle with social issues that for the rest of us have resolved decades ago. We continue to push for improvements in this area, but sometimes in baby steps.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2019, 03:27 AM   #20
Broncho
Banned
England
Rep
Drives: Chav white Mercedes

Quote:
Quote:

Au contraire, if you examine crime rates as bad behaviour and break them down by gender, you will find the numbers have everything to do with gender. Men commit the vast majority of all crimes and the vast majority of violent crimes.

I do respect your feelings and your opinions regarding the video, but feelings and opinions are not facts. No factual evidence that the video is sanctimonious has been presented.

I strongly doubt that this advertisement would result in a backlash in Canada. I believe the majority of Canadians would consider it a bold step forward, just like many of the pro LGBTQ2 ads and commercials we see regularly in newsprint and TV in Canada. Perhaps this discussion is reflective of the prevailing cultures in our respective countries. I live on the West Coast of Canada which has a more laissez-faire feel, and is the most liberal, progressive part of the country. We have the best weather in Canada, we have a smaller population over a huge swath of land which includes beaches, farmland, ranches, mountains and beautiful river valleys. We have naturally clean air and water. Our electricity is created through large hydro electric dams, so clean cheap energy. We are generally happy friendly people. In the area where I live we grow blueberries, strawberries, hazelnuts, many vegetables in green houses that stretch for about a kilometre. Cows, sheep, chickens are all raised locally.

I know there are more conservative parts of Canada that struggle with social issues that for the rest of us have resolved decades ago. We continue to push for improvements in this area, but sometimes in baby steps.
What?

Appreciate 0
      11-24-2019, 04:30 AM   #21
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:

Justin? Is that you?
      11-24-2019, 06:11 AM   #22
frazervalley
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Good grief. Had a dinner party with some friends and I may have had a few too many and then decided to post. Let this be a lesson. Disregard my last post. I have a headache and I need more sleep. Nothing to see here, move along.
Appreciate 2
Wills28657.50