F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Andream MMI Box - Wireless CarPlay & Android Auto
ARMA SPEED

Yesterday, 10:27 AM   #8075
RAAF12
Private First Class
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: White BMW 120i F20LCI 177HP

Quote:
Originally Posted by danic82 View Post
which unit should I get for a BMW 2 Series F45 Active Tourer from 2017? If it helps, my map is BMW Road Map EUROPE Way. Thanks
You need a MMI box for EVO HU, for example this one in the AIOCOIA shop https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/10050...59f563fetPZcRs

I think you have a eastern europe road map, but that doesn't matter, for 2017 cars 2 series, EVO is the way to go.

Last edited by RAAF12; Yesterday at 04:29 PM..
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 10:35 AM   #8076
RAAF12
Private First Class
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: White BMW 120i F20LCI 177HP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjmouse View Post
Ok so I'm going to add in to the software upgrade issues woes unfortunately. I'm also getting the Burn fail message every time.

I've received a Gemini file from Andream but that didn't work and gone to the first page to have a look but that only added to my confusion.

My HW version is BMW_NBT but the odd part is the MCU version is listed in the type A list on the first page and my CUST version is from the type B format (B_V1.0.0)

Any tips from anyone?

Try an old 8 or 16GB USB thumb? I ran one time in this problem too and updated first the MCU and after that the program software, it could be coincidence, don't know, but it works.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 03:08 PM   #8077
KyleK29
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 328d

Browsed this massive thread, but I just want to check on the right update procedure here. Does it matter if I update the CUST software before the MCU? Or vice versa? It appears to have old software, so can I crossflash still or is RoadTop pretty good at keeping up to date?

I'm mainly after the wider layout (music to the right) for Android Auto. Can / should I roll Bimmertech?

Currently it has:

BMW 328d w/Widescreen
RoadTop NBT-B Version
BR104
SDK: 25.0.0.5.6.0.0.0
MCU: 20.4.2.14
BMW_NBT

Last edited by KyleK29; Yesterday at 03:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      Today, 01:32 AM   #8078
Rajconp
Austria
Rep
Drives: F11

Hello,
I have an NBT, not an NBT EVO.
I received this CarPlay box, it also works with my NBT.

How can I update this version?
Would like to use YouTube.
Which version is right for my box

Andream said I should ask the seller, but I bought this box used.

I hope that after an update, the problem with Bluetooth telephony will be fixed.
My problem is as soon as I'm in the car for the first time and I call someone, I have to switch the BT connection from CarPlay to BMW on the iPhone.

is there a possibility that the box USB can read with NTFS?

I hope you can help me.

SDK Version: 25.0.0.7.0.0.2.0
CUST Version: v3.2.0.5.gp.b2
MCU Version: 20.10.22.16
HW Version: BMW_NBT2
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      Today, 09:17 AM   #8079
toddel68
Rep
Drives: Mercedes AMG GT S

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBMinus View Post
So I may have goofed. I bought the unit off of aliexpress. Took 3 weeks to arrive. Came in yesterday. I tried to install it on my 2019 Mini cooper S and all I get is no signal on the display. Upon further reading I have realized I believe I have the one HU it doesn't work on. I have the 8.8 touchscreen with nav which is also known as the 'NBT EVO' (ID5/ID6) unit. Its called the infotainment system I think. Is that correct? So did I buy a paperweight or is there a fix for compatibility? This is what my menu looks like but this is not my actual screen:

I realize it's an old post but I have the same car, except mine is a F57 convertible instead of F56 coupe. I just installed the RoadTop Evo unit and after a MCU update (couldn't switch to the box by long pressing) it's working.
Downsides:
-Had to use the USB for Aux-in since it seems to need some coding for it to work via the quadlock connector
-Touch function is not working which is really super annoying
Appreciate 0
      Today, 09:41 AM   #8080
phyco1991
Rep
Drives: F20 125i mSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajconp View Post
Hello,
I have an NBT, not an NBT EVO.
I received this CarPlay box, it also works with my NBT.

How can I update this version?
Would like to use YouTube.
Which version is right for my box

Andream said I should ask the seller, but I bought this box used.

I hope that after an update, the problem with Bluetooth telephony will be fixed.
My problem is as soon as I'm in the car for the first time and I call someone, I have to switch the BT connection from CarPlay to BMW on the iPhone.

is there a possibility that the box USB can read with NTFS?

I hope you can help me.

SDK Version: 25.0.0.7.0.0.2.0
CUST Version: v3.2.0.5.gp.b2
MCU Version: 20.10.22.16
HW Version: BMW_NBT2
As best I can tell with the amount of variations there seem to be now of these units, there is no upgrade available currently from the version you are running which is suitable for your device. So far I've only seen one user post that they have the firmware version with YouTube inbuilt and they have the NBT04X model MMI which runs firmware with different versioning than yours.

Regarding Bluetooth it sounds like you may still have your phone paired with the car so if you intend to use the bluetooth functionality of the MMI you need to unpair from the car system.

I believe only FAT32 is supported over USB.
Appreciate 0