F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > window tint
proTUNING Freaks

06-19-2021, 12:52 AM   #23
f32ns800
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: f32 430i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentland View Post
What is staggering is your inability to see, or acknowledge, anything wrong with your current illegal window tinting or your consideration to stray further from the law. Your view is so, excuse the pun, tinted, that you don’t realise that the window tinting company can also be liable by the tinting law not just you.
You also seem to fail to recognise that tinted windows can be used as evidence towards a charge of careless or dangerous driving, which can further intensify the penalties.

Instead, you seem to want to justify your contempt of the law by hypothesising how another forum member might be breaking the law even though there is zero evidence to suggest they are.

I don’t know Armaan so I’ve no reason to support him but rather than take a self righteous stance on the subject why not look at your own actions and consider how they may affect others. Not saying it’s a very high probably but think about if it was your son or daughter who killed in an accident because someone wanted their car to look cool.
Firstly, I'm not justifying anything but If you're going to tell me I am putting lives in danger, at least have the self awareness to know that every time you drive over the speed limit, you are putting lives in danger. You don't remap a car, to go for leisurely drives in the country side. You can own an M car, have multiple remaps and because its legal to do so, you're OK with that regardless of what the speed that car will be likely travelling at, on a regular basis.
Would you even know my tints were illegal had I not said it myself? I doubt it. I drive past police vehicles several times a week. I've had them pull up beside me at traffic lights and they've not even battered an eye lid. I often forget I've got tints. It might be illegal but the darkness of the tint is minimal.
Because I openly admitted it was illegal, I've had an over the top reaction.

Here's a video on YouTube of some guy putting 50% tints on his window. It's legal in his state and towards the end, he said the tint was almost useless.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2021, 03:33 AM   #24
Armaan
Major
Rep
Drives: F30 320i Sport Remapped

Quote:
Originally Posted by f32ns800 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armaan View Post
I can think or many reasons to come back on this, but frankly I'm bored. You're breaking the law, wilfully and consciously putting members of the public in danger - you can't teach common sense.

Armaan
I didnt ask for your opinion tbh. Speeding is far more dangerous than my tints. You are willfully speeding and consciously putting members of the public in danger. The hypocrisy staggering.
You don't need to ask for my opinion, you've posted on a public forum in which I'm entitled to give it as a member.

You have no proof that I intend or have ever intended to speed on a public road, nor that I intend to. By the same measure I could say that your exhaust modification improves the performance of your car, therefore you must have sped before. As does your rear diffuser due to the improved airflow that it offers.

You also seem to have dodged twice a question about whether your tints are declared on your insurance policy as a modification...which could in the case of an accident, invalidate your policy.

Just because you haven't been caught, doesn't make your tints legal. If it makes no difference, why break the law at all...
Appreciate 1
Sennen1733.50
      06-19-2021, 03:39 AM   #25
Sennen
Colonel
Rep
Drives: UP, Alpine & Caterham

Quote:
You don't need to ask for my opinion, you've posted on a public forum in which I'm entitled to give it as a member.

You have no proof that I intend or have ever intended to speed on a public road, nor that I intend to. By the same measure I could say that your exhaust modification improves the performance of your car, therefore you must have sped before. As does your rear diffuser due to the improved airflow that it offers.

You also seem to have dodged twice a question about whether your tints are declared on your insurance policy as a modification...which could in the case of an accident, invalidate your policy.

Just because you haven't been caught, doesn't make your tints legal. If it makes no difference, why break the law at all...
Sheer craziness Armaan, I lay a pound to a penny he hasnt advised his insurance company about the exhaust mod and diffuser either.

I am dismayed at the amount of people that use a public forum to ask for advice on a subject that is quite clearly against the law, there is no underestimating the stupidity of the British Public
Appreciate 1
Armaan714.50
      06-19-2021, 03:54 AM   #26
f32ns800
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sennen View Post
Sheer craziness Armaan, I lay a pound to a penny he hasnt advised his insurance company about the exhaust mod and diffuser either.

I am dismayed at the amount of people that use a public forum to ask for advice on a subject that is quite clearly against the law, there is no underestimating the stupidity of the British Public
Asked for advice? I've never asked you of anything. This is not even my thread. You've just filled it with your hypocritical nonsense.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2021, 04:01 AM   #27
f32ns800
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:

Let's get one thing straight, you are the one who decided to share your unwarranted hypocritical thoughts on my tints. The constant hypocrisy that you both berate my tints yet you both remapped your cars and are most certainly breaking the speed limits. You pretty much admitted so when you said if you get caught, it's illegal. Why do I have to tell you anything? Its none of your business. I'm not criticising anyone having remaps. I only bought it up given that you two, are in no place to judge anyone on what they've done thats legal or not legal.

Just because you haven't been caught speeding, doesn't make your speeding legal. Don't worry about me, worry about yourself
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2021, 04:18 AM   #28
Armaan
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by f32ns800 View Post
Quote:

Let's get one thing straight, you are the one who decided to share your unwarranted hypocritical thoughts on my tints. The constant hypocrisy that you both berate my tints yet you both remapped your cars and are most certainly breaking the speed limits. You pretty much admitted so when you said if you get caught, it's illegal. Why do I have to tell you anything? Its none of your business. I'm not criticising anyone having remaps. I only bought it up given that you two, are in no place to judge anyone on what they've done thats legal or not legal.

Just because you haven't been caught speeding, doesn't make your speeding legal. Don't worry about me, worry about yourself
Are remaps legal - Yes. BMW actually offer it as part of their MPPSK kit.

Is speeding legal - Yes - Just for clarity, in the case of emergency situation or a police officer going to an emergency, potentially in an unmarked car, they are allowed to break the speed limit.

Are 50% tints legal on your front windows - No, not for anyone, it's the law.

Any further questions?

Armaan
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2021, 04:30 AM   #29
f32ns800
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Are remaps legal - Yes. BMW actually offer it as part of their MPPSK kit.

Is speeding legal - Yes - Just for clarity, in the case of emergency situation or a police officer going to an emergency, potentially in an unmarked car, they are allowed to break the speed limit.

Are 50% tints legal on your front windows - No, not for anyone, it's the law.

Any further questions?

Armaan
Are you lying about speeding to give yourself a false sense of superiority and righteousness? Yes.
Please keep your opinions to yourself. Someone breaking the law that is lecturing someone else on breaking the law is something I have little time for
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2021, 04:33 AM   #30
Sennen
Colonel
Rep
Drives: UP, Alpine & Caterham

I wouldnt bother anymore Armaan, what is the old adage about arguing with an idiot .......
Appreciate 2
Pentland1723.50
Armaan714.50
      06-19-2021, 09:00 AM   #31
Armaan
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sennen View Post
I wouldnt bother anymore Armaan, what is the old adage about arguing with an idiot .......
I was actually a little bored last night. Just a little bait and you can get them in, great entertainment.

Back to the Euros I think.

Armaan
Appreciate 1
Sennen1733.50
      06-19-2021, 09:24 AM   #32
BBri89
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 320d xDrive M Sport

Garage List

My progress thread