F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Moving up from an E91 to an F31
ARMA SPEED

10-13-2018, 03:09 PM   #23
Jeff123
Jeff
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330d M Sport x-drive F30

That sounds ideal. The LCI is an improvement, so I presume its in that category.

I am sure that you will be happy with it.
Appreciate 1
      10-13-2018, 05:16 PM   #24
RENT-A-GOAT
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 320D Xdrive Msport+

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff123 View Post
That sounds ideal. The LCI is an improvement, so I presume its in that category.

I am sure that you will be happy with it.
Yes it is an Lci on a 65 plate. Options include full sport gearbox, pano roof, logic 7 HK stereo, extended storage, extended lighting, Adaptive LED headlights, servotronic steering Msport Performace pack, media pro, cruise with brake, sport seats, 19" wheels, interior comfort package, heated steering wheel, heated seats front & rear, Msport plus package & shadowline trim. Possibly some bits of the build sheet I've missed.
      10-14-2018, 05:48 AM   #25
Watsey
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330D sDrive M Sport

I'd have another good look at that pricing - seems very expensive to me.

Important to appreciate that many options, including MPPK, do not hold value and should therefore be priced by the buyer accordingly.
Current : F31 330sD, remapped, Ohlins Road & Track, Millway camber plates, Quaife LSD, Stoptech brakes + Pagid RSL1 pads all round, Weichers front strut brace, Eibach front & rear anti-roll bars, Michelin MP4S.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2018, 07:01 AM   #26
Hooded
Banned
England
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsey View Post

Important to appreciate that many options, including MPPK, do not hold value and should therefore be priced by the buyer accordingly.
Agree
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2018, 07:25 AM   #27
RENT-A-GOAT
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooded View Post
Quote:

Agree
I don't consider this to be true possibly if we we were talking private sale but it wasn't this is a totally mint condition AUC with 18,350 miles on the clock with pano and Performance pack.

When looking I did see another exactly the same with +1k extra miles @ £23.500 and that had no pano roof & no performance pack. All the 330s I was looking at took a hit on specs and were pushing low 30k mileages.
      10-14-2018, 08:56 AM   #28
Watsey
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RENT-A-GOAT View Post
I don't consider this to be true possibly if we we were talking private sale but it wasn't this is a totally mint condition AUC with 18,350 miles on the clock with pano and Performance pack.

When looking I did see another exactly the same with +1k extra miles @ £23.500 and that had no pano roof & no performance pack. All the 330s I was looking at took a hit on specs and were pushing low 30k mileages.
30K miles on a 30d is nothing. Most engines, with correct maintenance, can do 10x that mileage. The owner tends to get bored long before the mechanicals are shot.

The simple fact is that a 20d + MPPK is not a close substitute to a 30d in terms of power, torque and refinement. Performance Pack is not worth paying anything extra for - the performance gains are marginal (I had MPPK on my 30d and was so disappointed with it that the purchase price was refunded to me).

ETTO but if a reasonably specced 30/35d was within budget or a couple of grand more, IMO that'd be a much more satisfying purchase and driving experience.

AUC and the warranty are worth having, but just be careful that you're not over-paying.
Current : F31 330sD, remapped, Ohlins Road & Track, Millway camber plates, Quaife LSD, Stoptech brakes + Pagid RSL1 pads all round, Weichers front strut brace, Eibach front & rear anti-roll bars, Michelin MP4S.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2018, 10:43 AM   #29
Hooded
Banned
England
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M-Sport

Quote:

22k could be too much for a 3 year old '320d' in my opinion and it will likely suffer bad depreciation quickly over the next few years from that price.

I saw 3 year old 335d's for well below 20k earlier this year. Ok, so maybe they weren't AUC and had 40k (which is nothing on these cars) on them, but it's a lot more car for a few grand less money in my opinion, and they were from car dealers not private sales.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2018, 11:00 AM   #30
Jeff123
Jeff
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330d M Sport x-drive F30

Quote:
22k could be too much for a 3 year old '320d' in my opinion and it will likely suffer bad depreciation quickly over the next few years from that price.

I saw 3 year old 335d's for well below 20k earlier this year. Ok, so maybe they weren't AUC and had 40k (which is nothing on these cars) on them, but it's a lot more car for a few grand less money in my opinion, and they were from car dealers not private sales.
Must admit, when i congratulated the OP last night on the car, I thought the price was £19k not £22k. In hindsight, i agree with the last couple of posters regarding price.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2018, 02:13 PM   #31
Watsey
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I wasn't suggesting that £22K was the right price for a 30d, only that with that budget a 30d may be in-range rather than a 20d.

With 20d M Sport X-Drive F31s on the private market in the mid to upper teens, and less than 20K miles, the OP's choice does seem on the high side.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2018, 05:36 AM   #32
RENT-A-GOAT
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
As I had yet to pay the balance, I have pushed them harder & negotiated further up the dealership tree to get a fair discount on the car with some extra items added at no extra charge to sweeten the deal further. Pick up is on Saturday morning and I can't wait.
      10-17-2018, 05:38 AM   #33
Watsey
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Good news. What discounts and extras did you manage to get ?
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2018, 07:19 AM   #34
RENT-A-GOAT
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Good news. What discounts and extras did you manage to get ?
I managed a last and final offer of a £1100 reduction in the price with inclusion of gap & wheel/tyre ins. This was bolstered with a subscription for the (middle) connected drive package, boot liner, clear bumper protection film to boot entry and bump up from one to two yrs of fully comp bmw warranty cover with no excess on second (negotiated year). Happy with that outcome and seeing the car/driving it again I feel it's a fair deal.

Was like asking for blood from them had to go to the dealership manager to turn the screws in the end the threat of walking so close to pick up probably helped.
      10-17-2018, 11:45 AM   #35
Watsey
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Much better
Appreciate 1
      10-17-2018, 12:10 PM   #36
Drek
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Ferrari F430 F1

Better not mention my (almost) fully loaded 335d that I'm going to put up for sale shortly..

Good luck with your new car, I'm sure you'll enjoy it regardless!
www.bmwland.org.uk
Appreciate 1
      10-17-2018, 05:23 PM   #37
RENT-A-GOAT
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
Better not mention my (almost) fully loaded 335d that I'm going to put up for sale shortly..

Good luck with your new car, I'm sure you'll enjoy it regardless!
Thanks