F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Tony TRL dicking about in Joe Achilles M2 Comp video!
Extreme Powerhouse

10-18-2018, 09:11 AM   #45
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopper99 View Post
I don’t understand why the owner gave his brand new pride and joy to someone to test? Would anyone on here do that?

I assume the owner had a proper handover from Tony a few days before (the car has 150 miles on the clock, so its been driven). But clearly Tony has sorted some incentive for the owner and maybe Joe.

I sure as hell wouldn’t let anyone test drive my car after a couple of days of picking it up!
Even Joe couldn't believe he'd done it!!

Although I think some people are quite sentimental about there cars, and to have a video made of their car could be a nice memento for them.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2018, 11:00 AM   #46
creepy coupe
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW M340I G20

Garage List
2015 BMW 435d  [0.00]
2009 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNW1 View Post
I understand what you're saying but professional journalists would have a pretty short career if their reviews only reflected the quality of the location, hotels and food rather than the cars!

Having said that they are sometimes a fickle bunch and a car can go from being the greatest thing since sliced bread to mediocre in a very short space of time. I'm therefore always a touch cynical about a glowing review but wouldn't go quite so far as saying I'd take it with a pinch of salt.

You can also get different journalists saying quite different things about the same car so I'd never buy on the basis of reviews alone. Ultimately there's no substitute for having a test drive and forming your own opinion albeit that could be difficult with a car like an M2C as I suspect there aren't many demonstrators available at the moment!
Couldn't agree more. As recently mentioned with the Jaguar XE. It was going to finish off 3 series sale Blah, Blah. Now you never hear much about it.Or see that many on our roads. A least not around here in the South East.
Previous.MINI JCW. E92 325i. 435d M235i.M135i. 635d Coupe, E92 M3 manual, E92 M3 DCT Competition Pack. E92 335i, Porsche Cayman S Gen2, 135i Coupe. E92 320d, MK5 R32. MK5 Golf GTi,MK5 Golf GT-TDI,E46 318Ci.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2018, 11:04 AM   #47
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepy coupe View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNW1 View Post
I understand what you're saying but professional journalists would have a pretty short career if their reviews only reflected the quality of the location, hotels and food rather than the cars!

Having said that they are sometimes a fickle bunch and a car can go from being the greatest thing since sliced bread to mediocre in a very short space of time. I'm therefore always a touch cynical about a glowing review but wouldn't go quite so far as saying I'd take it with a pinch of salt.

You can also get different journalists saying quite different things about the same car so I'd never buy on the basis of reviews alone. Ultimately there's no substitute for having a test drive and forming your own opinion albeit that could be difficult with a car like an M2C as I suspect there aren't many demonstrators available at the moment!
Couldn't agree more. As recently mentioned with the Jaguar XE. It was going to finish off 3 series sale Blah, Blah. Now you never hear much about it.Or see that many on our roads. A least not around here in the South East.
There's loads around Birmingham!
Appreciate 0