F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > BMW F30 3 Series Coding DIY - Code Auto Start Stop, DVD, Folding Mirrors, Etc.
ARMA SPEED

10-17-2012, 09:38 AM   #1079
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_bmw View Post
Thanks shawnsheridan.
This procedure makes me think that the car connects to a bmw server with an incorrect VIN. This would make it illegal?
Can you confirm the car connects to bmw servers?
I didn't go to law school, and I'm not going to speculate on matters of law, although I would imagine someone overly concerned about it may also want to avoid using E-Sys all together as well.

However, to answer your question regarding the Portal and VIN, Yes, and No. It connects one time only with the Fake VIN to establish you are authorized to use, and to provision your car to use the BMW Live Portal Server. After that initial connection, it uses the Portal for data, but the VIN isn't used, which is why you set it back to your Real VIN.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 12:08 PM   #1080
dc_bmw
Private First Class
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

Thanks for explaining. I then prever to hold my iPhone in my hand to utilize all its functionality...which is illegal too over here (while driving).
Back to listening to the news on the radio...
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 04:02 PM   #1081
DietCokeOfEvil
Private
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Are there codes that will automatically fold the side mirrors when turning the engine or ignition off; likewise, that will turn them on with the engine or ignition on?
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 05:36 PM   #1082
demge01
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 320ed

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
For my car with Combox:

Change VO as follows:

- 639 (or 633 or 612 if present)
+ 644
+ 614
+ 615 (Required but already present)
+ 6AL
+ 6AB (Required but already present)

VO CODE HU_CIC
VO CODE CMB_MEDIA

FDL CODE CMB_MEDIA:
- TELEMATIK_VIN = Coding_VIN

FDL CODE CMB_MEDIA:
Use modified VO with VIN that has factory options 614 and 615 as explained in my post here:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...5&postcount=45

Read CMB_MEDIA and verify Short VIN in brackets [xxxxxxx] is FAKE VIN.

*** Use only to FDL Code CMB_MEDIA; DO NOT write this FA to the Car

1) Enable Data Transfer Option Under Phone
2) Enable Bluetooth Data Tethering on Phone
3) Under Connected drive; Update services (should show BMW Live and Internet services)
4) Go to BMW Live and Internet and make sure it it working

After it is working, use original VO with car VIN:

FDL CODE CMB_MEDIA:
- TELEMATIK_VIN = MOST_VIN

Read CMB_MEDIA and verify Short VIN in brackets [xxxxxxx] is REAL VIN.

DO NOT update services again or you will loose BMW Live and Internet.

*** If you do not return the Combox VIN to car VIN, you will encounter problems with future dealer programming, as the Combox will not be recognized, and programming will hault.
Thanks Shawn.
However if my car is already able to have LIVE with just one change in the HU-CIC do I really need to do all the above to get INTERNET?

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 06:16 PM   #1083
Frogman
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DietCokeOfEvil View Post
Are there codes that will automatically fold the side mirrors when turning the engine or ignition off; likewise, that will turn them on with the engine or ignition on?
Not that I know of. AFAIK, this will only happen via the button, or if coded, the fob or CA.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 08:33 PM   #1084
auptown
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 328xi

Just checking -- I'm assuming no one has figured out how to get the car to start up in the same sport/comfort/eco mode that was in effect when it was last turned off?

cheers
Andrew
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 08:37 PM   #1085
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by auptown View Post
Just checking -- I'm assuming no one has figured out how to get the car to start up in the same sport/comfort/eco mode that was in effect when it was last turned off?

cheers
Andrew
Ahh...the Holy Grails of coding...DEC Mode Default and the elusive M-HUD...

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 08:48 PM   #1086
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by demge01 View Post
Thanks Shawn.
However if my car is already able to have LIVE with just one change in the HU-CIC do I really need to do all the above to get INTERNET?

Cheers.
I can't say with certainty as there are simply so many vehicle and country specific things, however, I do know I helped an F10 owner in England, and no matter what FDL Coding we tried, we had to do the above, including eradicating BMW Assist, and writing a fake VIN to his Combox.

How is your BMW Live working? Is it using the phone's bluetooth DUN and do you already show Data Transfer options for the phone in iDrive?

If so, you can try just coding the following, and see if Internet works:

HU_CIC CONNECTED_DRIVE aktiv
HU_CIC ONLINE_BROWSER beide_aktiv
HU_CIC ONLINE_BROWSER_LIVE aktiv
HU_CIC ONLINE_SERVICES aktiv
HU_CIC ONLINE_SERVICES_GLS aktiv

Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 09:56 PM   #1087
KeenDriver
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i M-Sport

I haven't had much time to poke around the code much, but has anyone seen or knows if you can code the items found in the Driver Assistance Plus package ( Speed Limit Info
and Lane Departure Warning w/ Forward Collision Warning )? My car has everything else but ACC and this package. I know the buttons lower left of the steering wheel aren't there, but I'd figure coding with or without a profile from a car that had the options may turn it on.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 11:05 PM   #1088
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeenDriver View Post
I haven't had much time to poke around the code much, but has anyone seen or knows if you can code the items found in the Driver Assistance Plus package ( Speed Limit Info
and Lane Departure Warning w/ Forward Collision Warning )? My car has everything else but ACC and this package. I know the buttons lower left of the steering wheel aren't there, but I'd figure coding with or without a 5AC profile from a car that had the options may turn it on.
Well, the same camera is used for 5AD Lane Departure Warning (LDW), 8TH Speed Limit Info (SLI) and 5AC Automatic High Beams (AHB). So as a starting point, if you have one of those three options, you may be able to get the other 2 relatively easy, but depending on what you are starting with and what you want to add, you still may need some additional hardware or FSC Codes.

For example, if you have LDW and you want to add SLI, I think you will have to buy an expensive FSC Code and have it Imported and Activated in your CIC before you can code 8TH. Conversely, if you have SLI and want to add LDW, I think you can just code 5AD; however, you will need to add or replace the dash driver assistance panel, and either replace the steering wheel with one with the vibration actuator in it, or add the vibration actuator to your existing steering wheel if possible, unless of course you have 5AG Lane Change Warning (LCW), aka Active Blind Spot Detection, as the vibration actuator would already be present.

So, there are a lot of variables involved, and the devil is in the details. You just have to figure out exactly what you have to start with, what you want to add, and then determine what you need to fill the gap (Coding, Parts, FSC Codes, etc.). In most cases though, it will likely involve more than just coding.

Appreciate 0
      10-18-2012, 06:19 AM   #1089
code0482
2012 335i sportline every available option
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i Sedan

I have had a difficult time finding a cable to code my car.I purchased this cable on ebay...
the cable works great and has awesome build quality.

just thought I would let everyone know.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/130731306086...84.m1439.l2648
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2012, 08:58 AM   #1090
tigreonak
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i Sport Line (F30)

Shawn got a question to you, in the install instructions there is the following line:
Copy all "psdzdata" subfolders (all 7 Folders) from "\\BMW E-Sys\E-Sys v.46.1_psdzdata\folders_1-7 to "C:\ESysData \psdzdata\folders_1-7"

However when i open PSdZ Data 47.5 folder i only see the following 6 folders
extLibs
kisweb
mainseries
mapping
security
swe

am i missing something or 47.5 doesn't require all 7 folders?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2012, 09:13 AM   #1091
kon
Lieutenant
Singapore
Rep
Drives: F30 310i > G20 310i

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
Well, after spending months figuring out how to to code BMW Live and Internet over Bluetooth, after I finally got it working, I turned it all back off due to the following:
  1. No Internet-In-Motion
  2. Speed - One, I am on a Verizon 3G Corporate Blackberry as they do not offer a 4G Blackberry. Two, the CPU in the CIC is just plain slow. Maybe with a 4G phone and the new upgraded HU_NBT Head Unit, the speed will be better.
  3. Browser - The CIC uses some flavor of Firefox 3.5, and there is no support for Flash, Java, or Silverlight, etc. (e.g. No NFL.com football game animation )
  4. Input - iDrive Controller scrolling through the alphabet one character at a time to enter URL's or fill in User Name or Password fields is painful.
  5. Loosing Google - Send-To functionality, which is part of BMW Assist.

Frankly, IMHO, it sucks. :
Internet came as standard in my ride, but I think it's plain useless as well. For one you need to have a smartphone for the data access, if we already have the phone with us, inputting or even searching a web just simply faster and more convenient than trying to use the knob!
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2012, 09:47 AM   #1092
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigreonak View Post
Shawn got a question to you, in the install instructions there is the following line:
Copy all "psdzdata" subfolders (all 7 Folders) from "\\BMW E-Sys\E-Sys v.46.1_psdzdata\folders_1-7 to "C:\ESysData \psdzdata\folders_1-7"

However when i open PSdZ Data 47.5 folder i only see the following 6 folders
extLibs
kisweb
mainseries
mapping
security
swe

am i missing something or 47.5 doesn't require all 7 folders?

Thanks
In the original PSdZData set, there was an empty "temp" folder, which was the 7th folder. You don't need it though. Just copy the entire PSdZData folder (with 6 subfolders) to C:\ESysData so you end up with C:\ESysData\psdzdata. If you have an existing PSdZData folder, delete it first. Do not lay the new one on top of an old one.

Appreciate 0
      10-18-2012, 03:46 PM   #1093
demge01
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
So any takers for Configure Sport Mode enable?

Last edited by demge01; 10-18-2012 at 04:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2012, 03:56 PM   #1094
demge01
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan
Quote:
Originally Posted by auptown View Post

cheers
Andrew
Ahh...the Holy Grails of coding...DEC Mode Default and the elusive M-HUD...
What about in the Kombi files do you think there's something there?

Specifically in the 300C ECO_FDS folders.

Last edited by demge01; 10-18-2012 at 04:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2012, 04:03 PM   #1095
demge01
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan
Quote:
Thanks Shawn.

Cheers.
I can't say with certainty as there are simply so many vehicle and country specific things, however, I do know I helped an F10 owner in England, and no matter what FDL Coding we tried, we had to do the above, including eradicating BMW Assist, and writing a fake VIN to his Combox.

How is your BMW Live working? Is it using the phone's bluetooth DUN and do you already show Data Transfer options for the phone in iDrive?

If so, you can try just coding the following, and see if Internet works:

HU_CIC CONNECTED_DRIVE aktiv
HU_CIC ONLINE_BROWSER beide_aktiv
HU_CIC ONLINE_BROWSER_LIVE aktiv
HU_CIC ONLINE_SERVICES aktiv
HU_CIC ONLINE_SERVICES_GLS aktiv
Shawn,
Well all I did to activate LIVE was very simply ONLINE_BROWSER_LIVE to aktiv.
I didn't need to do anything extra at all to enable data transfer.

I'll try experimenting with those other settings and report back.
Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2012, 11:14 PM   #1096
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Shawn,
Well all I did to activate LIVE was very simply ONLINE_BROWSER_LIVE to aktiv.
I didn't need to do anything extra at all to enable data transfer.

I'll try experimenting with those other settings and report back.
Cheers.
This is the primary one for Internet:

HU_CIC ONLINE_BROWSER = beide_aktiv

Last edited by shawnsheridan; 10-20-2012 at 01:51 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2012, 09:37 AM   #1097
rolandleth
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Hello guys,

I changed RDC_SAFETY (display tire pressure and temperature) to aktive, the PSI and C labels appear next to each tire, but no values. If I do a "Confirm Tire pressure", then "--" appears where values should be.

Anyone knows why this is happening and might be able to help out?

I have a 2012 328i, EU build and using 47.5 files if that matters :S

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2012, 09:38 AM   #1098
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolandleth View Post
Hello guys,

I changed RDC_SAFETY (display tire pressure and temperature) to aktive, the PSI and C labels appear next to each tire, but no values. If I do a "Confirm Tire pressure", then "--" appears where values should be.

I have a 2012 328i, EU build, if that matters :S

Thanks.
Did you reset TPMS and drive the car afterwards?

Appreciate 0
      10-20-2012, 09:45 AM   #1099
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolandleth View Post
Hello guys,

I have a 2012 328i, EU build, if that matters :S

Thanks.
Wait. EU Build?

Do you have TPMS (Reifen Druck Control, aka RDC ) or FTMS (Reifen Pannen Anzeige, aka RPA)? If your valve stems are rubber and not metal, you have FTMS, which operates on tire rotaional speed and has no actual sensors to measure pressure and temperature.

If you have option 2VB, you have TPMS, but I don't think it is offered in EU.

Appreciate 0
      10-20-2012, 10:27 AM   #1100
rolandleth
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

I honestly don't know at the moment, but will head to the car for the last coding session and will come back with an answer.

But you might be right, EU cars might do it through rotational speed.

Where do I check if I have RDC or RPA? I suppose 2VB can be checked with a VIN decoder, right (if so, I don't have it)?
Appreciate 0