F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Avin USA 10.25 android system install DIY
ARMA SPEED

07-01-2019, 10:24 AM   #2773
notsec
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonius2018 View Post
I use this one since I had a Gen 2 HU (2 years ago) and it works flawless.
Thank you so much. Is this plug and play usb? Does the driver work without installing it?
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2019, 10:45 AM   #2774
antonius2018
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW F32

Quote:
Originally Posted by notsec View Post
Thank you so much. Is this plug and play usb? Does the driver work without installing it?
Note that this doesn't provide internet trough the USB port, which is only used to power the dongle that provides a Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11b/g/n network.

I have the HU with this SSID Wi-fi network memorized and when I start the car the connection establishes automatically.

Last edited by antonius2018; 07-01-2019 at 01:06 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2019, 06:22 PM   #2775
Boss11SJP
Rep
Drives: F31 2016 built, RADIO Prof

Hallo Liebe Forum b& BMW “Benützer”

Ich schreibe nun Hier, da ich ein Problem mit dem Android Display 10.25” habe:

Wenn ich versuche auf das Original Menü zu kommen bekomme ich auf der linken Seite ein “No Signal” und auf der rechten mehrere Blaue Linen und 8L (8 Liter tank übrig, was sogar stimmt).

Ich habe versuch in den einstellungen ein mir fast gleichex modell auszuwählen (F4x half screen 6.5”). Dann kommt eben das oben mit links mo signal und rechts blaue striche + 8L. Wenn ich jedoch. Wenn ich nun aber Fx4 6.5” fullscreen auswähle, bekomme ich ziemlich mittig ein No Signal.,,, rechts steht nichts!

Habe einen F31, EZ 2016, und hatte den kleinen RADIO professinal OHNE Navigation. Ich hatge auch gar kein Optical audio cable. Habe keine camera eingebaut oder sonstige optionale festures.

Die PDC (hinten, da ich ab werk nur hinten welche habe) funktionieren, jedoch etwas langsam aber sie funken
Hat denn hier irgendjemand einen lösungsvorschlag,
Oder was ich machen könnte?

————-

Hello Dear Forum & BMW "User"

I'm writing here now, because I have a problem with the Android Display 10.25 " and i Feel kind of desperate...

When I try to get to the original menu I get a "No Signal" on the left side ,,,, and on the right side several blue lines and 8L (8 liter tank left probably, which is true).

I tried in the settings to select me almost same model (F4x half screen 6.5 ") as I have. Then comes the explained “no signal” left side ,,,, and right side blue lines + 8L. If I, however select Fx4 6.5 "fullscreen, I get a no signal in the middle of the Screen. ,,, at the right side there is nothing this time!

Have a F31, built 2016, and had the little RADIO professinal WITHOUT navigation. I do not even have an optical audio cable. Have no camera installed or other optional festures.

The PDC (at the back, because I have only factory at the back) work, but a bit slow but they work ...
Anyone here has a solution,
Or what could I do? I am so desperate ... please help me.....
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2019, 03:03 AM   #2776
Mkjrn64
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

Hey guys currently using CarPlay and OEM Bluetooth because it’s better sound quality. However, did anyone figure out how to get autobox to output Bluetooth while using Apple maps?
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2019, 04:17 PM   #2777
BristolBEAT
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 Sport

Does anyone know what the additional 4G system box is that's come with the unit?
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2019, 08:06 AM   #2778
MilanF30
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 328i

Is there any new updates with ID7-like UI for 4.2.2 units? Or is this unit obsolete probably
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2019, 03:32 AM   #2779
trooper1414
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

Avin has released the new 4gb model. Any review or feedback on that?
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2019, 08:46 AM   #2780
freddy_kruger
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChang View Post
I dont remember what exactly I did but I changed volume in 3 locations. You have the AUX volume on the BMW side, then one in the unit acessed from the top bar of display and then one in the unit settings menu. My initial sound was so bad I was thinking of returning the unit. Then I tried all the 3 volume and after some time of testing it got quite good. Some static interference can be heard sometimes but it is really low. And I am not using Bluetooth only AUX in my case.

Do you also have black bar on the bottom of thé screen with Netflix and youtube in fullscreen ?
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2019, 12:18 PM   #2781
notsec
Enlisted Member
Rep

Could you share recovery software for android 4.4.4? And where can I download latest firmware?
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2019, 01:22 PM   #2782
sunny_j
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5d

anyone have the version number from the ID7 update?

Build Thread
https://www.xbimmers.com/forums/show....php?t=1529213
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2019, 06:54 PM   #2783
notsec
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erajat View Post
I tried hotspot as well but had the same issue as you so I went ahead with mirroring my phone to the display using app called "easy connect" . Do remember to go to the developer options in your phone and enable USB debugging.

Hope this helps.

I'm having major issues with the sound quality while playing music (tidal) both over Bluetooth and aux connection.
Do you share your system picture?

Last edited by notsec; 07-12-2019 at 07:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2019, 02:38 AM   #2784
donghyuk80.kim
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 e70

Does it normal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymon View Post
I did not change any setting on the cabus . isn't the split screen normal.? My buddy owning a f30 with 8.8 inch screen said it looks exactly like stock bmw UI. See attached which is mine. I thought it looks ok to me. I don't encounter any funny pixel or distortion from the onset

I Zymon, I believe your post is very old, but do you still believe the screen is normal? I have exactly same screen and I don't think it's okay. If you resolve the screen, can you please share me how?
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2019, 02:38 AM   #2785
RAN55
Rep
Drives: Bmw X1 (E84)

Nothing works

Hi,

I have some problems with my Android.
I do not know if the CAN are correct
I have connected CAN1-->CANb, CAN2-->CANa and CANc is disconnected.

For now I have a mess:

Could you help me please?
I have a Bmw X1 (E84) without any navigation system.

Thank you in advance
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2019, 02:26 PM   #2786
BristolBEAT
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 Sport

Can anyone help me.

The reverse camera no longer activates when it goes into reverse. It was working after the first few hours.

I removed the boot panel lining to check the wiring hadn't come loose. From what I can see this is not the case and all looks in tact. Subsequently the lights on the camera come on when you put the car into reverse.

Obviously completely to the untrained eye, I'm not sure what the problem is, I don't think it's the power to the camera head as it lights up? I've checked the factory settings and although Android 9.0 is vastly different to other models, it doesn't look like any settings are out of place.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2019, 03:28 PM   #2787
notsec
Enlisted Member
Rep

Hello, I have android 4.4.4 head unit in my car. My wifi connection is disconnected frequently. There is not much of this problem in the evening but there is no connection after 20 minutes of connecting during the day. I turn off the wireless then turn on the wireless, but the system hangs in the "wireless turning on" section. turn off wireless is not active. This problem is either a temperature problem or the wifi chipset is corrupted.
The weather today was 32 degrees Celsius. When wireless stucked the android gave "no signal" warning. I am thinking to put on wifi chipset thermal pad for the problem of warming. If not, I'll order from the same chip. Did anyone have a problem like this? Waiting for your solution suggestions.
Thanks.

Last edited by notsec; 07-16-2019 at 05:26 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2019, 09:15 AM   #2788
pentagon
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 F30 328xi

Hi,
Had the avin 8.1 unit for awhile now, can anyone share the latest firmware with the new id7 dashboard? Based on the avin website, it should be compatible.
Thanks you
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2019, 01:58 PM   #2789
smahel
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: MINI Cooper, 2020 X1

Garage List
https://mega.nz/#!VRkSCSpT!1TiqSoyrn...3tIlQsbrfEUz1Y
https://mega.nz/#!hRdgjarQ!m1yyJzNc_...1xzbOXE9uv8_iY

Last edited by smahel; 07-23-2019 at 03:29 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2019, 02:22 PM   #2790
Sparky68
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2 Alpine White

Garage List
2016 BMW M2  [0.50]
2017 BMW F30 330D  [0.00]
2014 M135  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Anyone have any links to purchase a better gps receiver, my sat nav is always struggling.
      07-26-2019, 03:00 PM   #2791
outofexile
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i F30

My install experience with AvinUSA 10.25 with wireless CarPlay.

I just installed the AVINUSA 10.25" android 9.0 screen with wireless CarPlay.

The install was rather simple. I did however run into some issues and Avin USA was less than fantastic in troubleshooting. So I thought I'd post the problems and solutions here for anyone who may run across them in the future.

Firstly, I had a great deal of trouble connecting my iPhone XR wirelessly. The problem was that the AutoBox shows up in my wifi as a secured network. It stands to reason that when I see that and understand that the wireless box uses WiFi to connect, that I would be trying to connect to it when in fact, there's no need to manually connect to this WiFi network at all. The device connects to it automatically after you've connected it via bluetooth.

Secondly, I had an issue where the car's original UI including the backup camera was overblown/washed out and super bright almost to the point of being unusable. The solution here was that the car I'd selected in the settings was the CIC 10.25 when in fact I should have selected the NBT 10.25.

And finally, there's one issue that I'm still having. I get a skipping sound when I play music through the CarPlay interface, whether it be Spotify, TuneIn Radio or any other music player. I have tried to disconnect the Bluetooth to the android and that made no difference. I felt as though I'd just have to live with this after trying what I thought was everything to find a solution.

Until... I decided to connect my partner's iPhone X. Well, playing Spotify, TuneIn Radio etc works flawlessly. There's no skipping and it sounds fantastic.

I still have the problem with my iPhone XR. So not a complete win, but I guess I'll live with it.

I hope this helps anyone who comes across the same issues.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2019, 03:08 PM   #2792
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep
Drives: E87

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofexile View Post
I just installed the AVINUSA 10.25" android 9.0 screen with wireless CarPlay.

The install was rather simple. I did however run into some issues and Avin USA was less than fantastic in troubleshooting. So I thought I'd post the problems and solutions here for anyone who may run across them in the future.

Firstly, I had a great deal of trouble connecting my iPhone XR wirelessly. The problem was that the AutoBox shows up in my wifi as a secured network. It stands to reason that when I see that and understand that the wireless box uses WiFi to connect, that I would be trying to connect to it when in fact, there's no need to manually connect to this WiFi network at all. The device connects to it automatically after you've connected it via bluetooth.

Secondly, I had an issue where the car's original UI including the backup camera was overblown/washed out and super bright almost to the point of being unusable. The solution here was that the car I'd selected in the settings was the CIC 10.25 when in fact I should have selected the NBT 10.25.

And finally, there's one issue that I'm still having. I get a skipping sound when I play music through the CarPlay interface, whether it be Spotify, TuneIn Radio or any other music player. I have tried to disconnect the Bluetooth to the android and that made no difference. I felt as though I'd just have to live with this after trying what I thought was everything to find a solution.

Until... I decided to connect my partner's iPhone X. Well, playing Spotify, TuneIn Radio etc works flawlessly. There's no skipping and it sounds fantastic.

I still have the problem with my iPhone XR. So not a complete win, but I guess I'll live with it.

I hope this helps anyone who comes across the same issues.
Hello, sounds not bad at all, bluetooth seems to be always a problem the retrofit devices tough.

can you post a picture of your systeminfo screen, would be interesting to see what they really sell

sincerely Chri
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2019, 04:08 PM   #2793
Zheez
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320D (2015)

I've been trying to use wireless CarPlay on my 7.1 unit recently (until my 9.0 unit arrives) and while it works, I was also getting skipping while playing music. I've got an iPhone XS Max running latest iOS 13 beta.

I had read that other people are having problems with the iOS 13 beta and wireless CarPlay on other devices so I figured it was just that. What iOS versions are your phones on? My work phone is an iPhone 7 on iOS 12.4 so I'll put some music on that and try that out, I suspect it'll be fine.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2019, 09:38 PM   #2794
outofexile
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kri View Post
Hello, sounds not bad at all, bluetooth seems to be always a problem the retrofit devices tough.

can you post a picture of your systeminfo screen, would be interesting to see what they really sell

sincerely Chri
Will Do tomorrow.
Appreciate 0