F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > CarPlay retrofit advice, please
ARMA SPEED

07-17-2019, 03:37 AM   #1
machman767
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320i M Sport+

Hi, all, I've already asked for advice on this subject, and thanks to all that have contributed, but decided on a last attempt to find the best solution based on other peoples experiences and suggestions.
My initial thought was to go down the Avin route having previously fitted one in my last car and being suitably impressed with it, although at that time I didn't use CarPlay.
I then considered going down the Unique AD route and keep the smaller 6.5" screen, the integration with the original OEM setup appears to be better plus it will only give me what I need, not access to other stuff that I wont be using. ios 13 update looks very good but I think it would look better on a bigger screen, maybe too squashed up on the small one?
If I go the Avin route I'd probably look at getting the coding done so the OEM display would fit the screen, plus give me split screen (?), I didn't like the way the screen was padded out on my last car. So could anyone do the honours, I'm in Preston, Lancs?
Both options offer wireless CarPlay which I'm not too bothered about and pricewise there isn't a massive difference if you factor in the potential customs charges for the Avin unit, so, all advice and suggestions gratefully received.
Cheers,
Mick
Appreciate 0